Notices

Michigan Social Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2023, 05:02 PM
Rumblestrip
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey all! Joining the fun, a new to me 07 Boxster S was just delivered today!
28, windy and flurries, a perfect day for a convertible.
I am in the market for a spare set of wheels and some winters, so if anyone has a lead on that, I'd appreciate it.

Eric
Old 06-14-2024, 02:26 PM
tekkie
Pro

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

dang nobody has posted in here forever !

I have some parts i am looking to get rid of from my 996.1 car that i sold. I need to cleanup a bunch of parts from various projects that i have lying around I had purchased all of this stuff to put on my car so i didnt modify the stock parts and then i was going to wrap it. Another one of my hundred projects i didnt finish lol

Free NB 996.1 front bumper, i cutout a spot to put the GT3 style grill at the top of the hood and that piece is included, it will take some to get it cleaned up, the bumper itself is in good condition, bumper is black
Free 996.1 NB decklid, has a small dent in it but i think i put enough filler on there already that its pretty much gone, has the motors etc still on there, no idea if it works or not i got it from ebay

I have a set r of 996 sideskirts, a tequipment rear roll bar, Brey Krause harness mount bar and i am sure more parts than that I will be listing for sale as well but if someone local is interested i would much rather not deal with shipping.

if you are interested shoot me a PM
Old 06-18-2024, 02:10 PM
adesai716
1st Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey folks, quick introduction and new Porsche owner - recently picked up a 992 GTS manual. I live in Ann Arbor, curious if others are in the SE MI area, and any recommendations on detailers (I just did a 1000 mi road trip in the car) or fun twisty roads in the area?
The following users liked this post:
Ratchet1025 (06-22-2024)
Old 06-18-2024, 05:10 PM
Ratchet1025
Rennlist Member

Received 237 Likes on 140 Posts

Howdy and welcome, sounds like an amazing choice of cars! I am also in AA/Ypsi, my experience has been as follows:
1) A2 Auto Image: Excellent service, I got a 2 year ceramic package and a black out trim treatment during a holiday special for 400
2).Total Detail: Also great service, especially for interiors and general detailing
3).Maintenance: Unless you are under warranty and must go to the dealer, I use Stadium Auto, Nick the mechanic is Porsche certified, Dealership trained and tracks his Porsche. A real expert when it comes to alignment, track set-up and any type of repairs.
Old 06-21-2024, 06:25 PM
souperman
Intermediate

Received 29 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Facepalm
Welcome to the TC area! Beautiful cars! I relocated here about 3 years ago myself. I'd say there's a chance It was me that you may have seen at a few gas station gatherings this year. There's a local group of guys that I typically meet up with at the Mobil 1 station on M-72 and once a year I have my buddies (one of them @jtsherri above) from downstate visit me for a weekend of driving. My circle is mostly 997s with one 964 in the mix. I'm located on the west side of TC and have 997 Carrera that I drive quite a lot. I'd love to meet up and connect! I'll pm you my number.

I'll be up in TC for a couple weeks around the 4th with my 997. If you guys have a get together or have any plans for a drive anywhere or even just hanging out let me know. I would love to meet some porsche people in the area.
The following users liked this post:
Ratchet1025 (06-22-2024)
Old 06-23-2024, 05:01 AM
M3Inline6
Drifting

Received 1,807 Likes on 979 Posts

I’ve spent a fair amount of time in the Grand Rapids area, and I’ve considered buying property there. Despite being a native Californian who is currently living in Nevada (…and splitting my time between the two states because I’m still employed with a Southern California department), my plan is to get away from the west coast/southwest indefinitely.

I’m trying to gather some insight on Michigan life beyond what can be ascertained during periodic visits. What is the overall political climate like in Michigan? Is housing still afforadable? What about the law enforcement/community relations? Is there much of a car culture there?

Quick Reply: Michigan Social Thread