Notices

Michigan Social Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2023, 09:37 AM
900fc
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by ttt123
I need to buy me one of those. last time i took mine in to get it looked at .. $1300
I have ordered a PIWIS 3, once I have it and tested it, happy to help owners in the RO, Troy, Birmingham areas. I will have to play a bit with it to get familiar with functions and menu.

I looked at Durametric but cannot resynchronize my 996 convertible top after changing mechanism and needed something that works with 991.2 as well.

Looking forward meeting other members at the swap meeting on April 22nd

Cedric
Old 06-30-2023, 08:44 PM
Aesthete
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi, fellow Michiganders!

I just picked up a minty 2013 Boxter S.

Any recommendations for a paint protection film installer in the area? I don't mind paying a bit more for an installer that does particularly good work (I will probably get a full wrap).
The following users liked this post:
Ratchet1025 (07-01-2023)
Old 06-30-2023, 10:20 PM
souperman
Intermediate

Received 29 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Aesthete
Hi, fellow Michiganders!

Any recommendations for a paint protection film installer in the area? I don't mind paying a bit more for an installer that does particularly good work (I will probably get a full wrap).
Not sure where you're located but just avoid precison vinyl in Lansing. They're bad news imo..
Aesthete (07-01-2023)
Old 06-30-2023, 10:25 PM
jacqueusi
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Aesthete
Hi, fellow Michiganders!

If you're in Oakland County, been happy with SunShade, Troy https://sunshadeintroy.com/?gad=1&gc...SAAEgKE3PD_BwE
Aesthete (07-01-2023)
Old 07-01-2023, 06:57 AM
Ratchet1025
Rennlist Member

Received 244 Likes on 141 Posts

Welcome! Gerber Collision in AA does all the Porsche work locally for the dealer and they recommended a great local ppf shop about 5 years ago. You might want to call them for a current recommended shop…7349962325.
Aesthete (07-01-2023)
Old 07-05-2023, 12:36 PM
Aesthete
4th Gear

Originally Posted by jacqueusi
If you're in Oakland County, been happy with SunShade, Troy https://sunshadeintroy.com/?gad=1&gc...SAAEgKE3PD_BwE
Thanks! Sunshade seems to have a good rep. The quote I got was $6,300 for a full-wrap in 10 mil Xpel.

Unfortunately, they don't have any availability until late September (!).

One thing that kind of turns me off about them, though, is that their website says that they are the only installer in Michigan doing 10 mil Xpel. That's not true. Motor City Auto Spa in Royal Oak also does 10 mil Xpel.

https://motorcityautospa.com/xpel-pa...otective-film/

Motor City Auto Spa will do a full wrap in 8 mil Xpel or 10 mil Xpel (it seems like Sunshade only does 10 mil). A full wrap in 8 mil is $5K from them.

They also have availability later in July. So, I'm tempted to go with them, unless someone has heard bad things about them?
Old 07-27-2023, 11:15 PM
ntoben
Advanced

Received 174 Likes on 30 Posts

I had my Carrera T wrapped and ceramic coated at motorcity auto spa. My friend who also has a 992 gave me the rec. I think they did a good job, and the car is really easy to clean. Make sure you have the wheels coated, holy moly does that make it easy to clean. My dealer told me to go to fade to black, but I had already put the deposit down at the other place. Sun and shade tinted my door wall windows at my house with a western exposure and they did a good job with that.
Old 09-12-2023, 10:18 AM
BGMS_964
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Anyone need some cheap wheels and tires?

I've got a set of wheels and tires I'm looking to sell. Not interested in shipping so I'm hoping someone in the SE Mich area wants them.

4 Turbo spoke style wheels with Michelin tires. Wheels are all 7.5"x17" offset 52. No curb rash but some very light scratches on faces.

Tires are Michelin Pilot Sport A/S. Manufactured May 2019. Lots of tread left. All tires measure 6/32" to 7/32" tread depth.

Front tires are 205/50/ZR17. Rears are 245/45/ZR17.

Shall we say $200 obo?

I might be willing to deliver if you're not too far from Ypsi.

Old 11-12-2023, 10:42 AM
SS-PZDIV-997.2
AutoX

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
Default New to Michigan

Hey Michiganders,

My wife and I just relocated to NW Michigan (TC area) area from Texas, and I am looking for fellow Porsche enthusiasts to possibly meet with before the weather turns undrivable for the season.
I have a 2011 Basalt Black Metallic Turbo S and also just picked up an 1985 911 Carrera in Guards Red. The 997 is here with me but the '85 is at my house back in Texas. I visited the TC area several times in the months prior to relocation,
and spotted several cool Porsches on the M-22, and even saw a small gathering of 911's stopped at a gas station outside of TC once, and I could kick myself for not stopping and introducing myself.
Anyways, if any of you guys in the Northern lower know of any meet ups or local groups, let me know! Thanks. attaching pics of my cars.

jtsherri (11-12-2023)
Old 11-12-2023, 12:09 PM
jtsherri
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by SS-PZDIV-997.2
…and even saw a small gathering of 911's stopped at a gas station outside of TC once
Welcome! Fellow 2011 Turbo S owner here. 🙂

There’s some chance the small gathering you speak of was me (Jason) and a couple of buddies - one from downstate (John) and another (Matt) who lives in TC and has us up for a few days annually for some amazing backroad driving, dining, and general camaraderie. He’s going to chime in soon to confirm the location, so let us know where you spotted the group! 👍🏻

Here’s my garage and fleet, if you’re on IG, btw: https://instagram.com/ig_jts
Old 11-12-2023, 12:11 PM
Facepalm
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Michiganders,

My wife and I just relocated to NW Michigan (TC area) area from Texas, and I am looking for fellow Porsche enthusiasts to possibly meet with before the weather turns undrivable for the season.
I have a 2011 Basalt Black Metallic Turbo S and also just picked up an 1985 911 Carrera in Guards Red. The 997 is here with me but the '85 is at my house back in Texas. I visited the TC area several times in the months prior to relocation,
and spotted several cool Porsches on the M-22, and even saw a small gathering of 911's stopped at a gas station outside of TC once, and I could kick myself for not stopping and introducing myself.
Anyways, if any of you guys in the Northern lower know of any meet ups or local groups, let me know! Thanks. attaching pics of my cars.
Welcome to the TC area! Beautiful cars! I relocated here about 3 years ago myself. I'd say there's a chance It was me that you may have seen at a few gas station gatherings this year. There's a local group of guys that I typically meet up with at the Mobil 1 station on M-72 and once a year I have my buddies (one of them @jtsherri above) from downstate visit me for a weekend of driving. My circle is mostly 997s with one 964 in the mix. I'm located on the west side of TC and have 997 Carrera that I drive quite a lot. I'd love to meet up and connect! I'll pm you my number.

Last edited by Facepalm; 11-12-2023 at 12:13 PM.
Old 11-13-2023, 07:32 AM
SS-PZDIV-997.2
AutoX

Originally Posted by jtsherri
Welcome! Fellow 2011 Turbo S owner here. 🙂

There’s some chance the small gathering you speak of was me (Jason) and a couple of buddies - one from downstate (John) and another (Matt) who lives in TC and has us up for a few days annually for some amazing backroad driving, dining, and general camaraderie. He’s going to chime in soon to confirm the location, so let us know where you spotted the group! 👍🏻

Here’s my garage and fleet, if you’re on IG, btw: https://instagram.com/ig_jts
Thanks for the welcome. I'm eager to make some contacts up here. I'll add you on my IG. When I saw the cars on 72, it would have been late August, or more likely the very beginning of September.
Old 11-13-2023, 07:57 AM
SS-PZDIV-997.2
AutoX

Originally Posted by Facepalm
Welcome to the TC area! Beautiful cars! I relocated here about 3 years ago myself. I'd say there's a chance It was me that you may have seen at a few gas station gatherings this year. There's a local group of guys that I typically meet up with at the Mobil 1 station on M-72 and once a year I have my buddies (one of them @jtsherri above) from downstate visit me for a weekend of driving. My circle is mostly 997s with one 964 in the mix. I'm located on the west side of TC and have 997 Carrera that I drive quite a lot. I'd love to meet up and connect! I'll pm you my number.
Thanks for the welcome. This region is absolutely phenomenal. Way better roads than I was expecting. Currently we are living in Williamsburg, on the east side of TC. I can say with almost 100% certainty that it was the Mobil1/Grumpys that I saw the cars grouped up on the west side of the parking lot. We were driving down 72, headed to TC for the first time ever, and I saw the cars (probably 3 or 4) and almost broke my neck turning to look. We were driving a rental and I contemplated turning around and introducing myself, but I didn't. I beat myself up pretty hard for the rest of the trip for not doing it. Hopefully it was your group. I remember there being a 964, and I thought maybe there was a G50 car there as well? Honestly I dont remember, as we were driving fast.
Old 11-13-2023, 09:27 AM
quotidiandrive
5th Gear

Thanks for the welcome. This region is absolutely phenomenal. Way better roads than I was expecting. Currently we are living in Williamsburg, on the east side of TC. I can say with almost 100% certainty that it was the Mobil1/Grumpys that I saw the cars grouped up on the west side of the parking lot. We were driving down 72, headed to TC for the first time ever, and I saw the cars (probably 3 or 4) and almost broke my neck turning to look. We were driving a rental and I contemplated turning around and introducing myself, but I didn't. I beat myself up pretty hard for the rest of the trip for not doing it. Hopefully it was your group. I remember there being a 964, and I thought maybe there was a G50 car there as well? Honestly I dont remember, as we were driving fast.
I have been hearing more and more about the roads further up north (I'm down by Saint Joseph, SW MI). Also seems like there are more members up that way. It would be great to drive up over a long weekend.
SS-PZDIV-997.2 (11-14-2023)
Old 11-13-2023, 02:51 PM
Facepalm
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Had to have been me... this was August 31st, west side of the parking lot, 964 included! It was may first time meeting these guys. We were heading out to Glen Arbor for a drive and car event

SS-PZDIV-997.2 (11-14-2023)

Quick Reply: Michigan Social Thread