Sponsored By:

2025+ GTS orders

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2024, 07:19 AM
UD24PCS
Track Day

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MAXFPS
You can look at all of Porsche's applications for, and approvals (i.e. "Certificate of conformity") here on the EPA website search tool. https://dis.epa.gov/otaqpub/publist1.jsp Just fill out the model year and "porsche" and hit "search", and for 2025 there's not much EPA approved yet - mostly Taycans and Macans, Cayenne base.
Porsche has evidently not yet even applied for EPA certification for the 2025 Cayenne GTS. This is second in obnoxiousness only to the fact that they have not yet applied for any 2025 911 models either, and mine has been sitting in the port in CA for 3 weeks now.
dealer here claims it is applied for, just not approved yet. Cant differentiate on that site from approvals and applications, looks just like approvals are listed. Is there confirmation on not even being applied for yet, or just based on that site result?
Old 09-07-2024, 07:39 AM
MAXFPS
Instructor

Received 156 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by UD24PCS
dealer here claims it is applied for, just not approved yet. Cant differentiate on that site from approvals and applications, looks just like approvals are listed. Is there confirmation on not even being applied for yet, or just based on that site result?
As I said the hope is that the EPA website is just REALLY late in posting documents and Porsche submitted an application a while ago. But here's how to look for applications yourself:

For 2025, no Cayenne GTS or 992.2 911s have applications submitted:

If you select 2024 model year, this is what application and approvals for the 911s looked like. Last year they got the 2024 911s submitted July 6th and approved July 11th, so it can happen quickly:

Old 09-07-2024, 08:41 AM
AAO
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by charcuterie
I decided to opt out of the center-mounted sport exhaust/lightweight package. I've talked to a few GTS owners, and they said there isn't much of a difference in sound, and it's hard to justify losing the back middle seat on an SUV.

New build here. Would love anyone's thoughts/inputs: https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PS8QDJ36
  • On the fence with the red stitching/red seatbelts. Not sure why the stitching doesn't show up in the preview?
  • Really disappointed I can't get the 22" GT Design Wheels in Satin Black. Only available with the Lightweight Sport Package. The ones I have on there now seem to be the closest.
Great build… I had the 22" Exclusive Design Sport Wheels in Satin Black configured on mine. The displacement on them gives a nice wider appearance.
Old 09-07-2024, 09:22 AM
Sammersam
Racer

Received 104 Likes on 75 Posts

Could you please share the TYD website
Old 09-07-2024, 09:29 AM
UD24PCS
Track Day

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MAXFPS
As I said the hope is that the EPA website is just REALLY late in posting documents and Porsche submitted an application a while ago. But here's how to look for applications yourself:

For 2025, no Cayenne GTS or 992.2 911s have applications submitted:

If you select 2024 model year, this is what application and approvals for the 911s looked like. Last year they got the 2024 911s submitted July 6th and approved July 11th, so it can happen quickly:
yes I went through it all and didn’t see either, dealer and his rep are claiming it is. Who knows what to believe, but I’m inclined to believe they aren’t totally inept and haven’t applied at this juncture as they have cars built and ready to deliver. But….nothing surprises me.
Old 09-07-2024, 10:21 AM
Hunky
Pro

Received 303 Likes on 198 Posts

This is what you deal with when the federal government is involved in anything.
It is even worse when you know that a bunch of EPA pencil necks have a hand in this.
Looks like those of us who have a Cayenne GTS in the pipeline will just have to wait patiently for the EPA to bless us with their tree hugger seal of approval.

Last edited by Hunky; 09-07-2024 at 10:25 AM.
Old 09-07-2024, 10:54 AM
On_Your_Left
Rennlist Member

Received 57 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Sammersam
Could you please share the TYD website
you just sign in to your account on the Porsche website
Old 09-07-2024, 06:30 PM
charcuterie
6th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ThomasWShea
i have seen deviated stitching in several cars w black interior getting it seems expensive but it is an excellent call imo and really adds to the exclusive look. pro tips having seen several of these cars: if you go w the club black interior you get the fancier cross stitched top seam along the top of the dash and doors that looks even more amazing when ur doing deviated stitching. there is also another check for interior grab handles in leather that gets u exposed stitching on the grab handles and if ur doing deviated that stitching would also be red. and the steering column in leather also gets red stitching if u add that.

also a fan of the red belts.

consider the deep pile mats w red leather edging to match ur deviated stitching.

here is a question, the lower part of the mirror housing: is it black plastic or painted for the gts? if it isn’t painted i would check one of those options to ensure u don’t get plastic lower mirror housings.
Originally Posted by Ghaley50
Very solid build .I had all black MY23 GTS with red seat belts, nice touch. I would option for performance (PDCC) over the red stitching. Or get them both , but if I had to choose. PDCC
Fair point on the PDCC. After giving it more thought, it's a bummer (and very odd) that you can get carmine red stitching but not carmine red seatbelts (I sort of like the brighter red a more)....they only offer Bordeaux red seatbelts, so you would have to go full Bordeaux.

What are your thoughts on race-tex? I've done a lot of research, and I've heard mixed reviews. It adds the GTS logo back into the headrests and it comes in full carmine red. I'm just worried about how it will hold up on a daily driver. If I did go this route, I think I would opt for a leather steering wheel instead of race tex. I only plan to have this car for 3-4 years max.

Last edited by charcuterie; 09-07-2024 at 06:31 PM.
Old 09-07-2024, 08:33 PM
Ghaley50
Racer

Received 75 Likes on 63 Posts

Fair point on the PDCC. After giving it more thought, it's a bummer (and very odd) that you can get carmine red stitching but not carmine red seatbelts (I sort of like the brighter red a more)....they only offer Bordeaux red seatbelts, so you would have to go full Bordeaux.

What are your thoughts on race-tex? I've done a lot of research, and I've heard mixed reviews. It adds the GTS logo back into the headrests and it comes in full carmine red. I'm just worried about how it will hold up on a daily driver. If I did go this route, I think I would opt for a leather steering wheel instead of race tex. I only plan to have this car for 3-4 years max.

I'm sure the race tex will show the wear and tear more than the leather, I personally like the leather.
The following users liked this post:
MAXFPS (09-07-2024)
Old 09-08-2024, 12:25 AM
ThomasWShea
Three Wheelin'

Received 470 Likes on 342 Posts

i like this racetex topic. some people i trust are very pro racetex, however for me, i would not want racetex seats, yet. if it meant getting a racetex dash i would be very tempted because i love racetex look and feel, but it is work for a daily driver. i would say 100% get the racetex headliner, and i do love it on my steering wheel but i always wash my hands before driving and i have generally dry hands and wear no lotions. i keep a suede brush in my center console to fluff the wheel every 2 or 3 weeks. racetex grab handles might be cool but i am already at my max w constantly fluffing the steering wheel. i added the wheel after the fact because i really wanted it and knew there would be some upkeep. if you are a very clean careful person and your passengers are too and you are okay w the upkeep i would say go for it. if you have a female on the scene and she puts on makeup and lotion and does that stuff in the car like my girlfriend, skip racetex seating and save ur self the stress. race tex doesn’t like lotions or oil. yes it can be easily restored, but you need to be really diligent with up keep. to me even having to do something every two weeks is considered a pretty heavy lift. my leather seats i haven’t touched other than vacuuming and dusting and after 10000 miles, i am just now feeling like they should have a preventative clean.

steering wheel post i did just after initial install:
https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-...l#post19238781
Old 09-08-2024, 07:46 AM
Ron.s
Pro

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

RaceTex is another name (sometimes from a different mill) for a type of Ultra Suede. Mercedes calls it Dinamica, Audi Alcantera. My wifes (7+ year old Audi SQ5, 52,000+ miles) has it in the seat centers similar to the Cayenne. Results could vary by the texture but her seats show no wear vs the leather side bolsters do show some wear. Our daughter spilled a Starbucks carmel drink in the rear seat a few weeks ago and wiped it up with a bunch of napkins. On return home I found that nothing penetrated the fiber and there was almost no residue left to clean up.
My wife wants the same seats when she upgrades to the new Gen 2025 model. Her reasoning is that the seats are not cold in winter or hot in summer like leather. They are also softer feeling. The heated seats seem to heat faster and get hotter. They are too hot for me after a few minutes, she loves the heat on high.They also "breathe" better, similar to a moisture wicking shirt.
I still ordered my GTS with leather. I prefer the deviated stitching, deviated centers for some contrast. The club leather is also VERY nice but I don't care for the way Porsche cheapened it this MY with a lot of contrasting black and no deviated centers option with club. If you like all black then club leather will still look OK, IMO.
Another difference with leather is the availability of 14 or 18 way seats and with passenger seat memory.

The following 3 users liked this post by Ron.s:
Ghaley50 (09-08-2024), MAXFPS (09-09-2024), ThomasWShea (09-08-2024)
Old 09-09-2024, 02:35 AM
GumballRally
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ghaley50
Hey Ron try this Hack that everyone is using to find out what ship their car is on , I hope this is helpful.
C'mon guys play nice.

Hi - long time lurker, first time poster...

Thanks for posting this. My GTS went from Stage 6 (headed to German port) yesterday to Stage 8 (left German port), overnight. Seems like my car may have been one of the last aboard. My car is headed to Texas, but Vesselfinder says the boat it's on is destined for Halifax, Canada. I figured it would ride a boat to Port of Houston. Does this mean my car will likely get trailered all the way down from Halifax, or do these ships layover and partially unload in one port before taking the remainder of their cargo to a subsequent port? I don't see any way to determine where the ship is headed after Halifax.

Thx
Old 09-09-2024, 02:43 AM
Ghaley50
Racer

Received 75 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by GumballRally

Thanks for posting this. My GTS went from Stage 6 (headed to German port) yesterday to Stage 8 (left German port), overnight. Seems like my car may have been one of the last aboard. My car is headed to Texas, but Vesselfinder says the boat it's on is destined for Halifax, Canada. I figured it would ride a boat to Port of Houston. Does this mean my car will likely get trailered all the way down from Halifax, or do these ships layover and partially unload in one port before taking the remainder of their cargo to a subsequent port? I don't see any way to determine where the ship is headed after Halifax.

Thx
Great for you ! Yes these ships usually make a couple of stops. I'm still waiting to get on a ship.
The following users liked this post:
GumballRally (09-09-2024)
Old 09-09-2024, 12:04 PM
MAXFPS
Instructor

Received 156 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by GumballRally

Thx
If you search for the shipping line that runs your boat, they have their schedules on their websites. There are several, Siem, Stena Glovis, etc.
The following 2 users liked this post by MAXFPS:
GumballRally (09-09-2024), jimdillard (09-09-2024)
Old 09-09-2024, 12:28 PM
Cachemoney
Intermediate

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

you are most likely on the Siem Cicero and eventually headed to texas with my order. Here is the VW shipping schedule, which shows our orders should hit Freeport Tx on 9-24.
Attached Images

Quick Reply: 2025+ GTS orders