Sponsored By:

2025+ GTS orders

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2024, 12:44 AM
Ron.s
Pro

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by gj271
bro, we explained everything to you. the other guy even told you how to look up what ship you are on. it’s clear as day i don’t know what all the nonsense you typed is.
You might try to be a little less rude and a little more humble. No one appointed you God AFAIK. I didn't ask you the question, asked the other guy you insulted.
Most of what you posted earlier is in conflict with the information I just posted. Emden vs Benecia, Time in Port, TYD is junk. if TYD is unreliable, how do you know your car shipped from Emden. According to My Ship Tracking the Ant was never in Emden. Maybe "My Ship" is not accurate but it's the only source that I found with history. IMO, it's an honest question. There seems to be conflicting information...just looking for accuracy. Like I posted, it isn't that important but for some reason you seem to think it's your job to moderate posts not addressed to you.
Edit: I printed off the "other guys" instruction and they weren't legible enough to read.

Last edited by Ron.s; 09-06-2024 at 12:49 AM.
Old 09-06-2024, 01:00 AM
gj271
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Ron.s
You might try to be a little less rude and a little more humble. No one appointed you God AFAIK. I didn't ask you the question, asked the other guy you insulted.
Most of what you posted earlier is in conflict with the information I just posted. Emden vs Benecia, Time in Port, TYD is junk. if TYD is unreliable, how do you know your car shipped from Emden. According to My Ship Tracking the Ant was never in Emden. Maybe "My Ship" is not accurate but it's the only source that I found with history. IMO, it's an honest question. There seems to be conflicting information...just looking for accuracy. Like I posted, it isn't that important but for some reason you seem to think it's your job to moderate posts not addressed to you.
Edit: I printed off the "other guys" instruction and they weren't legible enough to read.
at this point i wonder if you are trolling
Old 09-06-2024, 01:22 AM
Ghaley50
Racer

Received 75 Likes on 63 Posts

Hey Ron try this Hack that everyone is using to find out what ship their car is on , I hope this is helpful.
C'mon guys play nice.
The following users liked this post:
Ron.s (09-06-2024)
Old 09-06-2024, 01:22 AM
MAXFPS
Instructor

Received 156 Likes on 89 Posts

@Ron.s This may help. Also, I saw the RCC Antwerp on shipfix docked at Emden for several days.
The following users liked this post:
Ron.s (09-06-2024)
Old 09-06-2024, 09:39 AM
Hunky
Pro

Received 303 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by UD24PCS
yeah the GTS hasnt passed EPA and CARB yet. It wont be 50-state ready until 10/24 (they hope). So it will sit at the port until it is good to go. Sucks.
Where does one find this information?
Old 09-06-2024, 10:42 AM
UD24PCS
Track Day

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Hunky
the dealers all know now, just call them. Porsche knew it was October at best for awhile, and just flipped the dates on our app and the dealer inventory management screens on Tuesday night. Cars are getting to the US ports and sitting there, so the kicking and screaming has started.
Old 09-06-2024, 10:57 AM
Ron.s
Pro

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by Ghaley50
Hey Ron try this Hack that everyone is using to find out what ship their car is on , I hope this is helpful.
C'mon guys play nice.
Originally Posted by MAXFPS
@Ron.s This may help. Also, I saw the RCC Antwerp on shipfix docked at Emden for several days.
Thanks guys, very helpful info. I have no doubt that my car is on the RCC Antwerp...just trying to get this figured out for the next time. No F12 key on my phone but will try this hack when I get home this weekend. Apparently My Ship tracking has some bad data. Shipfix seems to have less free data than when I used it 2 years ago, some might be phone vs desktop.
Old 09-06-2024, 12:53 PM
Ghaley50
Racer

Thanks guys, very helpful info. I have no doubt that my car is on the RCC Antwerp...just trying to get this figured out for the next time. No F12 key on my phone but will try this hack when I get home this weekend. Apparently My Ship tracking has some bad data. Shipfix seems to have less free data than when I used it 2 years ago, some might be phone vs desktop.
Yes, the hack works wonders on lap top, I just right clicked on my laptop to and skipped the F12. Try vesselfinder.com
Old 09-06-2024, 02:46 PM
charcuterie
6th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I decided to opt out of the center-mounted sport exhaust/lightweight package. I've talked to a few GTS owners, and they said there isn't much of a difference in sound, and it's hard to justify losing the back middle seat on an SUV.

New build here. Would love anyone's thoughts/inputs: https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PS8QDJ36
  • On the fence with the red stitching/red seatbelts. Not sure why the stitching doesn't show up in the preview?
  • Really disappointed I can't get the 22" GT Design Wheels in Satin Black. Only available with the Lightweight Sport Package. The ones I have on there now seem to be the closest.
Old 09-06-2024, 03:41 PM
ThomasWShea
Three Wheelin'

Received 470 Likes on 342 Posts

Originally Posted by charcuterie
I decided to opt out of the center-mounted sport exhaust/lightweight package. I've talked to a few GTS owners, and they said there isn't much of a difference in sound, and it's hard to justify losing the back middle seat on an SUV.

New build here. Would love anyone's thoughts/inputs: https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PS8QDJ36
  • On the fence with the red stitching/red seatbelts. Not sure why the stitching doesn't show up in the preview?
  • Really disappointed I can't get the 22" GT Design Wheels in Satin Black. Only available with the Lightweight Sport Package. The ones I have on there now seem to be the closest.
i have seen deviated stitching in several cars w black interior getting it seems expensive but it is an excellent call imo and really adds to the exclusive look. pro tips having seen several of these cars: if you go w the club black interior you get the fancier cross stitched top seam along the top of the dash and doors that looks even more amazing when ur doing deviated stitching. there is also another check for interior grab handles in leather that gets u exposed stitching on the grab handles and if ur doing deviated that stitching would also be red. and the steering column in leather also gets red stitching if u add that.

also a fan of the red belts.

consider the deep pile mats w red leather edging to match ur deviated stitching.

here is a question, the lower part of the mirror housing: is it black plastic or painted for the gts? if it isn’t painted i would check one of those options to ensure u don’t get plastic lower mirror housings.
Old 09-06-2024, 03:56 PM
luv2sleep
Burning Brakes

Received 334 Likes on 226 Posts

I'm with you regarding the 22" GT wheels. As we all know, it's Porsche's way of upselling. It's one thing if the "upsell" is what I like but usually isn't. Every manufacturer does this, sadly.
Old 09-06-2024, 06:17 PM
Ghaley50
Racer

Very solid build .I had all black MY23 GTS with red seat belts, nice touch. I would option for performance (PDCC) over the red stitching. Or get them both , but if I had to choose. PDCC

Last edited by Ghaley50; 09-06-2024 at 07:16 PM.
Old 09-06-2024, 08:40 PM
cayennegtsmax
Track Day

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I've got almost the same build as you but I opted for PDCC and I didn't go for the SD package b/c I think the gloss black arches/side are unique and will add depth! https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PSKT3ZB8
Old 09-06-2024, 09:06 PM
Ghaley50
Racer

Originally Posted by cayennegtsmax
I've got almost the same build as you but I opted for PDCC and I didn't go for the SD package b/c I think the gloss black arches/side are unique and will add depth! https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PSKT3ZB8
I agree.
Old 09-06-2024, 10:09 PM
MAXFPS
Instructor

Received 156 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by Hunky
You can look at all of Porsche's applications for, and approvals (i.e. "Certificate of conformity") here on the EPA website search tool. https://dis.epa.gov/otaqpub/publist1.jsp Just fill out the model year and "porsche" and hit "search", and for 2025 there's not much EPA approved yet - mostly Taycans and Macans, Cayenne base.
Porsche has evidently not yet even applied for EPA certification for the 2025 Cayenne GTS. This is second in obnoxiousness only to the fact that they have not yet applied for any 2025 911 models either, and mine has been sitting in the port in CA for 3 weeks now.
The following 3 users liked this post by MAXFPS:
Ghaley50 (09-07-2024), gj271 (09-07-2024), iiAtlas (09-06-2024)

Quick Reply: 2025+ GTS orders