Sponsored By:

2025+ GTS orders

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2024, 03:10 PM
Ghaley50
Racer

Received 75 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Cmark777
just checked and my departure date from the German Port pushed back to 9/24-10/11 so this checks out

damn that sucks
I have the exact departure schedule on TYD, but my SA says on their website it shows existing 9/13..are you heading to the southeast?

Last edited by Ghaley50; 09-04-2024 at 03:23 PM.
Old 09-04-2024, 03:42 PM
Cmark777
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Ghaley50
I have the exact departure schedule on TYD, but my SA says on their website it shows existing 9/13..are you heading to the southeast?
yup south Florida
Old 09-04-2024, 03:47 PM
Ghaley50
Racer

Originally Posted by Cmark777
yup south Florida
we will probably be shipmates , hopefully my SA is correct and we blow this joint (Emden) next week.
Old 09-04-2024, 05:47 PM
gj271
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by MAXFPS

interesting that you're on the same ship and headed somewhere in bay area presumably, but ETA is 53 days whereas mine is 65 days (arrive 9/30-10/11 , en route to local dealer 10/17-11/7). presumably this is whatever buffer TYD is building in for EPA approval, since you have a different model cayenne... or some random artifact, given how crap tyd can be about some things.
Old 09-04-2024, 06:00 PM
ThomasWShea
Three Wheelin'

Received 470 Likes on 342 Posts

Originally Posted by gj271
interesting that you're on the same ship and headed somewhere in bay area presumably, but ETA is 53 days whereas mine is 65 days (arrive 9/30-10/11 , en route to local dealer 10/17-11/7). presumably this is whatever buffer TYD is building in for EPA approval, since you have a different model cayenne... or some random artifact, given how crap tyd can be about some things.
are you looking to track your ship? it is probably going thru the canal to benicia. there is a schedule you can reference to get the exact ship. let me know if ur interested and i can dig up the info.
Old 09-04-2024, 06:02 PM
gj271
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by ThomasWShea
are you looking to track your ship? it is probably going thru the canal to benicia. there is a schedule you can reference to get the exact ship. let me know if ur interested and i can dig up the info.
umm we’ve only dedicated the last 100 or so posts to how to do this
The following users liked this post:
ThomasWShea (09-04-2024)
Old 09-04-2024, 06:04 PM
ThomasWShea
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by gj271
umm we’ve only dedicated the last 100 or so posts to how to do this
apologies i will bow out!
Old 09-04-2024, 08:05 PM
charcuterie
6th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hey Everyone! I'm not sure if this is the right place, but I'm hoping you can give me some insights on a few build questions. I'm in the process of locking in a 2025 Cayenne GTS Coupe build in about two weeks and have a few questions that I am hoping some of you with experience from your builds can help shed some light on.

I'm mainly hung up on the exhaust since it appears that choosing the center-mounted exhaust prevents you from adding so many other options and customizations.
  • Sport Exhaust System incl. Center Mounted Tailpipes: Is there a considerable difference in exhaust note with this exhaust? Is the sound that much better? Is it worth sacrificing a lot of the options you can't get below with it?
    • If you want the center-mounted exhaust, it appears you're NOT able to have
      • Glass sunroof
      • 22" GT design satin black wheels
      • Ventilated front seats
      • A middle seat in the back (this is absolutely crazy to me)
      • Any interior modifications aside from the two "standard interior options." You can't even get the GTS stitching on the headrests with these two options... nor the "GTS" interior package.
      • + more, but these were the ones I was interested in
  • Sport Chrono Package
    • I assume this is included no matter what?
Old 09-04-2024, 09:00 PM
UD24PCS
Track Day

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MAXFPS
Yeah there isn't even an application showing on the EPA website for 2025 Carerras of any type either. Let's hope they have applications in for all these and the EPA site is just slow in posting them. Looks like most have been ~3 weeks from application to certificate of conformity.
given what has happened with my timeframe, they didnt get this in motion, major error. Why else would this get pushed back two months from arrival on land in the US. They whiffed but they will never admit that or give a straight answer. My VIN shows no recalls and there isnt a stop sale like last year.
Old 09-04-2024, 10:13 PM
Ghaley50
Racer

Originally Posted by charcuterie
Hey Everyone! I'm not sure if this is the right place, but I'm hoping you can give me some insights on a few build questions. I'm in the process of locking in a 2025 Cayenne GTS Coupe build in about two weeks and have a few questions that I am hoping some of you with experience from your builds can help shed some light on.

I'm mainly hung up on the exhaust since it appears that choosing the center-mounted exhaust prevents you from adding so many other options and customizations.
  • Sport Exhaust System incl. Center Mounted Tailpipes: Is there a considerable difference in exhaust note with this exhaust? Is the sound that much better? Is it worth sacrificing a lot of the options you can't get below with it?
    • If you want the center-mounted exhaust, it appears you're NOT able to have
      • Glass sunroof
      • 22" GT design satin black wheels
      • Ventilated front seats
      • A middle seat in the back (this is absolutely crazy to me)
      • Any interior modifications aside from the two "standard interior options." You can't even get the GTS stitching on the headrests with these two options... nor the "GTS" interior package.
      • + more, but these were the ones I was interested in
  • Sport Chrono Package
    • I assume this is included no matter what?
Maybe your selecting the lightweight package also, so with that you lose a lot of options. You can definitely get the center exhaust and Sport Chrono , without losing a lot of options , I hope this was helpful

Last edited by Ghaley50; 09-04-2024 at 10:26 PM.
Old 09-04-2024, 10:25 PM
charcuterie
6th Gear

It appears the only way to get the center-mounted sports exhaust is to select one of the lightweight sports packages. Same for the 22" GT design satin black wheels.
Old 09-04-2024, 10:28 PM
ThomasWShea
Three Wheelin'

@charcuterie can you share a link to your build?

if it doesn’t ax absolutely critical options i would think you would want that exhaust. i am guessing that is a titanium exhaust made by akrapovic.
Old 09-04-2024, 10:33 PM
Ghaley50
Racer

Originally Posted by charcuterie
It appears the only way to get the center-mounted sports exhaust is to select one of the lightweight sports packages. Same for the 22" GT design satin black wheels.
My bad bro , I see what you mean, I personally wouldn't lock myself into that box. I've had a couple of GTS and the four pipes give you plenty of rumble

Last edited by Ghaley50; 09-04-2024 at 10:42 PM.
Old 09-04-2024, 11:11 PM
charcuterie
6th Gear

Originally Posted by ThomasWShea
@charcuterie can you share a link to your build?

if it doesn’t ax absolutely critical options i would think you would want that exhaust. i am guessing that is a titanium exhaust made by akrapovic.
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PSR6XXI8

Honestly, the main potential deal breaker for me is not having the middle seat in the back. I think that it's a little crazy of Porsche not to allow with the sports package. I just want to try to make sure the center exhaust is really worth not having so many other great options

Originally Posted by Ghaley50
My bad bro , I see what you mean, I personally wouldn't lock myself into that box. I've had a couple of GTS and the four pipes give you plenty of rumble
Yeah I'm trying to put that comparison to rest hopefully..
Old 09-04-2024, 11:52 PM
ThomasWShea
Three Wheelin'

@charcuterie i get it. maybe i am a little different. paying more for less is fine w me. having a solid roof is worth it all day long, i think. i prefer a plain interior roof w no option to open anything or look out blah blah blah. so the thing that is axing the features is that “lightweight” package. i suppose that center seat and seatbelt etc adds weight. i guess you have to weigh how often you would use that 5th seat. if i had a choice, i would prefer not to have the 5th seat. not having the option for 5 ppl would be welcome by me. in an emergency u could still squeeze five in - say in the w event of a fire evacuation or something.

lightweight package = baller imo

Quick Reply: 2025+ GTS orders