Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2025+ GTS orders

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2024, 09:12 PM
Cmark777
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally I was leaning towards black but it looks like they got rid of it and only offer Chromite Black.

is it just me or is the Chromite a less deep black? Doesn’t look right
Old 05-15-2024, 09:15 PM
qwerrewq
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cachemoney
Got a call this morning about the first allocations from Porsche Albuquerque. Secured the first slot for an August build date.
congrats! My SA said I'm the first on his list but he didn't call me...Maybe he's off today, can't remember. August build date - does it mean start building in August? So is it an August allocation or May allocation? Did they give an ETA on arrival?
Old 05-15-2024, 09:19 PM
Buckett76
Rennlist Member

Received 160 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Cmark777
Originally I was leaning towards black but it looks like they got rid of it and only offer Chromite Black.

is it just me or is the Chromite a less deep black? Doesn’t look right
Chromite is metallic so could just be the config pics, not sure why they took away flat black, maybe because the trim is High Gloss Black which is basically the base black I beleive so you can't make the car all one uniform color spec, not sure why tho. Not sure how Chromtie differs from Jet Balck Metallic, maybe the shade of the metallic flakes.
Old 05-15-2024, 10:38 PM
Buckett76
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Sammersam
PSX784H6

Any thoughts?
Solid build, only comment is why body color the rear model designation? With the HGB options you have I would think the rear model designation would look good in HGB also.
Old 05-16-2024, 02:02 AM
xuhuama
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by qwerrewq
congrats! My SA said I'm the first on his list but he didn't call me...Maybe he's off today, can't remember. August build date - does it mean start building in August? So is it an August allocation or May allocation? Did they give an ETA on arrival?
Just ordered today lol. Does anyone who had ordered already got an earlier build date before 8/20?

​​​​​​​
Old 05-16-2024, 03:59 AM
Ghaley50
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Eta 9/28 delivery

Old 05-16-2024, 07:41 AM
Cmark777
Intermediate

Originally Posted by xuhuama
Just ordered today lol. Does anyone who had ordered already got an earlier build date before 8/20?
8/13 build complete with 9/23 delivery date

​​​​​​​

Last edited by Cmark777; 05-16-2024 at 07:44 AM.
Old 05-16-2024, 08:13 AM
Sammersam
Racer

Received 102 Likes on 73 Posts

Thanks for your thoughts. What do you think about keeping or removing GTS emblems on the sides? What do you think about the SportDesign Package in High Gloss Black? Also does anyone think the 18 way sports seats are too confining especially with coats in the winter.

Last edited by Sammersam; 05-16-2024 at 08:24 AM.
Old 05-16-2024, 09:07 AM
Buckett76
Rennlist Member

Thanks for your thoughts. What do you think about keeping or removing GTS emblems on the sides? What do you think about the SportDesign Package in High Gloss Black? Also does anyone think the 18 way sports seats are too confining especially with coats in the winter.
No opinion on the GTS emblems, they are just stuck on so not obtrusive, I'm leaving them on my build as I'm going full GTS spec on the outside, but its free to keep or remove. I do think if you go Quartzite grey they will not be very obvious anyway so you could leave them for a stelthy move for those that know or remove as most won't see them anyway. Also, if you go with the SportDesign in HGB you can make it more of a sophiticated aggressive look than a 'sporty' look if that makes sense as the car will be mostly one color but have the right trim prices without being Black + a color. So I like the SD in HGB with a deep metallic color, I was going to go that route with the Algarve Blue but leaing more towards launch spec (Red + HGB) as I am light on speeding tickets .
18 ways are my preference but ideally see if you can test them in a dealership, the good news is you can make the bolsters really wide in the winter (or just leave them wide until you need some support on a twisty road, another nice feature of memory seats, regular and spirited drives ) and that will make them easier to get in and out of and move around in, so you have flexability but they will be 'snugger' than the 14 ways, I do think they can impact how you feel in the car though. The 14 ways to me make the car feel more 'regular' SUV than high riding sports car, obvioulsy the car doesn't change but you'll be more 'on' the car than 'in' the car if that makes sense, it's suttle but noticable. Probably depends on who will be driving mostly and the use case, my wifes X5 has standard seats and while it handles decently I don't like having much fun in it as you're using the steering wheel a lot more to support your own weight in turns, but for just long road trips it's fine. I would recommend the 18 ways to maximize the benefit of having all the handling goodies you will be getting. Also, the bolsters will soften over time too, so unless you leave them in the snuggest setting you really should have minimal issues getting in or out of them, and you'll get used to them too, but hopefully you can try them first.
Old 05-16-2024, 10:26 AM
xuhuama
Intermediate

8/13 build complete with 9/23 delivery date

​​​​​​​
wow! Where can I find a timeline like this?
Old 05-16-2024, 12:12 PM
thigos
Rennlist Member

Received 345 Likes on 209 Posts

Also does anyone think the 18 way sports seats are too confining especially with coats in the winter.
I think you are best off if you go sit in the seats to compare as it is likely body type dependent on the width. Seat preference is subjuective. For my car, the 14 way would be my last choice or the 3 options. They feel a bit flat and don't look as good. I have not tried these 8 ways, but if they can go as low as the 18 with as much seat bottom tilt, I would consider those. My local dealer has a TGT with the 8-way so I may go try them while it's there.
Old 05-16-2024, 12:38 PM
Cachemoney
Intermediate

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

Build date on my porsche profile says Aug. 7th. no idea on estimated delivery but assuming some time in late septmber. Not sure on whether it would be a "May" or "August" allocation??
Old 05-16-2024, 02:19 PM
Cmark777
Intermediate

Originally Posted by xuhuama
wow! Where can I find a timeline like this?
​​​​​​​In the “my Porsche” app once your dealer reserves your allocation.
Old 05-16-2024, 04:05 PM
xuhuama
Intermediate

In the “my Porsche” app once your dealer reserves your allocation.
I received an email from my dealer and I can track it via the link in it. But when I log in my porsche app, there is nothing under "Vehicle". It requires the vin to add a vehicle.
Old 05-16-2024, 04:17 PM
scott40
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 50 Posts

Can the lower black trim be ordered body color?

Quick Reply: 2025+ GTS orders