Hybrid EPA Approval

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2024, 03:04 PM
Electric Lizard
Pinecone Watchman
Rennlist Member

Received 381 Likes on 217 Posts
Default Hybrid EPA App. New Approvals see post 82, 83

The EPA issued their Certificate of Compliance for Cayenne Hybrids on Tuesday. I’m trying to determine if that’s all that’s needed from EPA and where CARB is in the process.

On edit: My contact at the EPA confirms that "the issuance of the certificate completes EPA's involvement". I have contacted CARB and may check with a contact at PCNA permitting.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
RPRXT03.0CH6-015.pdf (158.6 KB, 97 views)
The following 5 users liked this post by Electric Lizard:
JArnald (04-19-2024), mdrobc1213 (04-21-2024), mnorek (04-19-2024), Tedster (05-11-2024), ThomasWShea (04-18-2024)
Old 04-18-2024, 04:59 PM
ENCT
Rennlist Member

Received 368 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by Electric Lizard
The EPA issued their Certificate of Compliance for Cayenne Hybrids on Tuesday. I’m trying to determine if that’s all that’s needed from EPA and where CARB is in the process.
Great, it doesn't list the Turbo Hybrid Coupe. Hopefully it moved quickly, our car is in Baltimore as of yesterday.
Old 04-19-2024, 02:12 AM
thearmoredking
Track Day

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ENCT
Great, it doesn't list the Turbo Hybrid Coupe. Hopefully it moved quickly, our car is in Baltimore as of yesterday.
Same here (although SUV, not coupe). My turbo is leaving Emden next week so I’m hoping that should the turbos be approved by EPA, Canada will follow suit.

where can we follow this info?
Old 04-19-2024, 07:06 AM
Guards Red Car
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

Great News !

Thanks Electric Lizard for your diligent research and updates !

My Cayenne S e-Hybrid reached the glorious USA Pavement at Davisville RI yesterday - Hope to see it within a couple of weeks !
Old 04-19-2024, 04:15 PM
Electric Lizard
Pinecone Watchman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by thearmoredking
Same here (although SUV, not coupe). My turbo is leaving Emden next week so I’m hoping that should the turbos be approved by EPA, Canada will follow suit.

where can we follow this info?
The EPA updates their Certificate of Compliance website ( https://iaspub.epa.gov/otaqpub/ ) every couple of weeks. I was emailed the Certificate I posted above by an EPA official; it should be on website after the next update. Other Cayenne variants might be included in that update as well.

I'm still waiting to hear from a couple of sources any news on CARB certification.
Old 04-21-2024, 02:14 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 850 Likes on 466 Posts

On edit: My contact at the EPA confirms that "the issuance of the certificate completes EPA's involvement". I have contacted CARB and may check with a contact at PCNA permitting.
Good contact and info to have. FLASH news update...thanks for sharing! . Lots of folks happy to see this one for sure.
Hopefully soon and they'll add the Turbo Hybids too next!
Originally Posted by Guards Red Car
Great News !

Thanks Electric Lizard for your diligent research and updates !

My Cayenne S e-Hybrid reached the glorious USA Pavement at Davisville RI yesterday - Hope to see it within a couple of weeks !
Mine was shipped around 6 April and still in transport aboard Siems Confusious....ETA docking next week around 23-24 Apr 2024.
The EPA updates their Certificate of Compliance website ( https://iaspub.epa.gov/otaqpub/ ) every couple of weeks. I was emailed the Certificate I posted above by an EPA official; it should be on website after the next update. Other Cayenne variants might be included in that update as well.

I'm still waiting to hear from a couple of sources any news on CARB certification.
So cool...thanks for sending and researching this. Includes my Cayenne S e hybrid which is still off the coast of Northern Canada headed for its east coast port by next week. Maybe I'll get a delivery mid month which is closer to my original delivery date before the chip issue and certification delay. Fingers crossed for all!
Old 05-07-2024, 09:32 AM
PoscheNewb
Track Day

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

This is great news!!! Our Cayenne Hybrid arrived in Baltimore on 4/18 and have not received any more updates since. Does anyone know if there are more testing/regulation compliance remaining on the Cayennes or if it’s just volume of cars being released causing time to process?
Old 05-07-2024, 10:04 AM
Electric Lizard
Pinecone Watchman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PoscheNewb
This is great news!!! Our Cayenne Hybrid arrived in Baltimore on 4/18 and have not received any more updates since. Does anyone know if there are more testing/regulation compliance remaining on the Cayennes or if it’s just volume of cars being released causing time to process?
They are awaiting CARB approval (technically, an Executive Order for CARB's New Vehicle and Engine Certification program). As of late last week, this has not been issued for Hybrids.
The following 2 users liked this post by Electric Lizard:
mdrobc1213 (05-08-2024), PoscheNewb (05-07-2024)
Old 05-07-2024, 10:24 AM
PoscheNewb
Track Day

They are awaiting CARB approval (technically, an Executive Order for CARB's New Vehicle and Engine Certification program). As of late last week, this has not been issued for Hybrids.
Thank you! I’ve seen your feedback on other threads! Always so helpful!!! Have a great day!
Old 05-17-2024, 01:28 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 850 Likes on 466 Posts

Looks like CARB Board meets on 5/23 and I got a call from my SA saying they got a call today to start notifying customers to expect to take delivery shortly and earlier than planned. SA seems to think that they may be able to get the car shortly and set up delivery at end of the month earliest and early Jun more likely. So fingers crossed maybe Porsche NA has decided to release hybrid cars to non-CARB state orders vs wait until end of June or maybe they expect CARB to act quickly after their meeting next week? Fingers cross and prayers to all!
Old 05-17-2024, 07:05 AM
PoscheNewb
Track Day

Originally Posted by mdrobc1213
Looks like CARB Board meets on 5/23 and I got a call from my SA saying they got a call today to start notifying customers to expect to take delivery shortly and earlier than planned. SA seems to think that they may be able to get the car shortly and set up delivery at end of the month earliest and early Jun more likely. So fingers crossed maybe Porsche NA has decided to release hybrid cars to non-CARB state orders vs wait until end of June or maybe they expect CARB to act quickly after their meeting next week? Fingers cross and prayers to all!
The wait is over! Well almost…. Time to schedule the PPF, Ceramic Coat, and Tint so we can bring this baby home!!! Can’t wait to see everyone sharing their photos!!!

The following 2 users liked this post by PoscheNewb:
mdrobc1213 (05-21-2024), rluciano (05-22-2024)
Old 05-17-2024, 07:20 AM
ENCT
Rennlist Member

Received 368 Likes on 190 Posts

Curious, does the dealer hold your car until the CARB approval is completed?
Old 05-17-2024, 07:34 AM
PoscheNewb
Track Day

Curious, does the dealer hold your car until the CARB approval is completed?
It’s our first time taking delivery of built Porsche so we are not sure how it goes but I’d think the car release from port means it’s cleared and ready to be delivered(?). My contact at the dealership told me yesterday that once it’s ready with paint protection, we should be able to take delivery.

I will update as I learn more.
Old 05-17-2024, 10:29 AM
SWxSec
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 38 Posts

It’s our first time taking delivery of built Porsche so we are not sure how it goes but I’d think the car release from port means it’s cleared and ready to be delivered(?). My contact at the dealership told me yesterday that once it’s ready with paint protection, we should be able to take delivery.

My SA said that PCNA does not allow cars to leave port unless they’re certified for sale.

Unfortunately I don’t see any approvals for the Turbo hybrid on the EPA or CARB websites.
Old 05-17-2024, 12:04 PM
Electric Lizard
Pinecone Watchman
Rennlist Member

Is your car a base e-hybrid?

On Edit: My sales guy just told me that my base hybrid has been released to the transport company to move it from Freeport, TX to Houston (about a 2-3 hour ride).

Quick Reply: Hybrid EPA Approval