Hybrid EPA Approval

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2024, 11:07 PM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 850 Likes on 466 Posts

Originally Posted by Electric Lizard
After yesterday's storm, be glad that your car isn't being held at Freeport, TX
Or at the bottom of the ocean....have lost one or more car carriers over the past few years due to issues w/EVs. Storms not withstanding. They'll get here...on the bright side gives CARB more time to get their act together!
Old 07-25-2024, 02:39 PM
CayenneTE1510
Track Day

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Angry Frustration

Don't know when this wait will end. It's so frustrating not knowing what's happening or when it will finally be over. No information or contact from PCNA and It's frustrating that such an expensive car is receiving this level of service even before delivery. I hope things improve once the car is delivered.
Old 07-25-2024, 05:38 PM
xmlguy
Intermediate

Received 57 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Still waiting on CARB

My SA called yesterday and said its looking like mid-August for CARB approval for our Turbo E-Hybrid.

So the wait continues. It's been over a month already, but if it gives them a chance to fix some bugs I guess I shouldn't complain (better them than me).
Attached Images  
Old 07-26-2024, 01:33 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by xmlguy
My SA called yesterday and said its looking like mid-August for CARB approval for our Turbo E-Hybrid.

So the wait continues. It's been over a month already, but if it gives them a chance to fix some bugs I guess I shouldn't complain (better them than me).
Wow...am so sorry for those of you still waiting and especially those with cars on shore at docks but cannot be released. Hope it resolves soon. fingers crossed guys.
Old 07-26-2024, 07:20 AM
ENCT
Rennlist Member

Received 368 Likes on 190 Posts

I’m at a couple days over 3 months sitting at the port. Crazy they are delaying the approval so long. I suppose someone at Porsche made a mistake with paperwork, or it didn’t pass.
Old 07-26-2024, 08:01 PM
Matjaz
Instructor

Received 81 Likes on 33 Posts

Two months and counting...so frustrating.
Old 08-06-2024, 02:37 PM
Electric Lizard
Pinecone Watchman
Rennlist Member

Received 381 Likes on 217 Posts
Default CARB EO for Turbo Hybrid

See below
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
Turbo Hybrid EO.pdf (301.9 KB, 26 views)
The following users liked this post:
CayenneTE1510 (08-06-2024)
Old 08-06-2024, 02:49 PM
Matjaz
Instructor

Whoop whoop...
Old 08-08-2024, 12:53 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Matjaz
Whoop whoop...
Congats...let the fun begin for you guys...or better yet the deliveries first!
CayenneTE1510 (08-08-2024)
Old 08-09-2024, 08:44 PM
imcarnuts
Advanced

Received 66 Likes on 27 Posts

My Turbo arrived at Sparrows Point June 28th or so. Now showing arrival at dealer between Sept. 9th and Sept 16th. I did a pre trade the middle of June expecting to have new one in a few weeks. Oh well. It is what it is.

Last edited by imcarnuts; 08-09-2024 at 08:46 PM.
Old 08-09-2024, 08:45 PM
Matjaz
Instructor

We are picking ours on Sunday morning. So exciting. Will post photos. It will be a year since we put our order i...
The following 2 users liked this post by Matjaz:
CayenneTE1510 (08-09-2024), Electric Lizard (08-10-2024)
Old 08-12-2024, 01:57 PM
CayenneTE1510
Track Day

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default She is home

Took the delivery on Sunday, Car is amazing, Zesty and many more adjectives . Some interesting things from the delivery:
  1. Car was 10 miles when handed over to me, surprised was expecting around 40 as mentioned in most of the posts here. SA mentioned they themselves have not driven the TEH yet
  2. There was rust on the all 4 rotors, SA said its because of the car being exposed to port weather for more than month due to stupid CARB approval.
  3. Car was fully charged and was showing 49 miles, was able to get 39 miles of pure electric with bit of enthusiastic drive in between.
  4. Some initial impression of the drive : Car is seriously powerful 729 is not just a number this thing is fast !
  5. In normal mode car feels very floaty on the road, even though i didn't take her on freeway PPF stuff is pending. This has PDCC so not sure what system is responsible
  6. Electric mode noise is strange and different from other cars, while driving in pure EV mode sometime I felt the engine was on but only after checking Techo can confirm its not
  7. Our family is big with music listening and good music system has been on top of our list, coming from Bang & Olufsen and Harman Kardon world Burmester fits our needs. Nice bassy with clear highs. Family loved it !
  8. AirPlay fiasco, I have 14 pro max which I set up at the dealership on the car and everything was working till it didn't. After disconnection it never joined back, deleting it restarting phone nothing helped. Eventually had to connect Wife's phone to make it work. Not sure who is at fault Apple or Porsche but yet to be resolved.
  9. Have not setup a charger at home, yet to use the charger which came with the car. I know there was recall so not sure if this is a new model or not, but will share information on that too.
  10. As usual was offered multiple maintenance packages on the car which i denied but Tire & Wheel package seems a good one and I am still thinking about it. Cost is $3795 for 4 years which includes (repairs or Replace Tie and wheel due to road hazards). Finance manager mentioned they don't fix the punctures at Porsche only replace tire which will be expensive. I check the front is $650/tire and rear is $900/ tire
  11. Car came with Yokohama ADVAN V35A and SA mentioned this is Porsche on tire for Cayenne on e-hybrids
  12. Car is Chromite Black and this color definitely surprised us. At the dealership it less bright condition it was looking pitch black and in bright sunlight it had shades of blue and green depending on the angle you are looking at it. One time family wanted a confirmation that they didn't accidentally painted itAlgarve Blue Metallic
  13. My wife is petite and had real hard time climbing in to the seats with her high heels, need to check if there's anyway to lower the seat and car every time passenger side door opens.
  14. I know Matrix Headlights are not completely activated for US market but looking at the switch between high beam and low beam depending on the oncoming traffic was great. And they are seriously bright.

Will add more things as I drive it more, so far really happy with the purchase.

mdrobc1213 (08-14-2024)
Old 08-12-2024, 02:50 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 864 Likes on 590 Posts

Congrats - funny on Algarve - as that's my color and I asked if your car is Algarve in one of the pics you posted. The Porsche charger that came with my car got extremely hot when I used it. I installed a dedicated Wall Box Pulsar Plus in my garage and its been great. There are other solutions. Look for DaveoPorche's posts on this topic - he's incredibly knowledgeable. I have the base e-Hybrid and already i am wondering if I should have gotten the Turbo . Maybe next time. I figured I have a pretty modified 911 Turbo for my speed kick. Enjoy your car in good health.
CayenneTE1510 (08-12-2024)
Old 08-14-2024, 02:16 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CayenneTE1510
Took the delivery on Sunday, Car is amazing, Zesty and many more adjectives . Some interesting things from the delivery:
  1. Car was 10 miles when handed over to me, surprised was expecting around 40 as mentioned in most of the posts here. SA mentioned they themselves have not driven the TEH yet
  2. There was rust on the all 4 rotors, SA said its because of the car being exposed to port weather for more than month due to stupid CARB approval.
  3. Car was fully charged and was showing 49 miles, was able to get 39 miles of pure electric with bit of enthusiastic drive in between.
  4. Some initial impression of the drive : Car is seriously powerful 729 is not just a number this thing is fast !
  5. In normal mode car feels very floaty on the road, even though i didn't take her on freeway PPF stuff is pending. This has PDCC so not sure what system is responsible
  6. Electric mode noise is strange and different from other cars, while driving in pure EV mode sometime I felt the engine was on but only after checking Techo can confirm its not
  7. Our family is big with music listening and good music system has been on top of our list, coming from Bang & Olufsen and Harman Kardon world Burmester fits our needs. Nice bassy with clear highs. Family loved it !
  8. AirPlay fiasco, I have 14 pro max which I set up at the dealership on the car and everything was working till it didn't. After disconnection it never joined back, deleting it restarting phone nothing helped. Eventually had to connect Wife's phone to make it work. Not sure who is at fault Apple or Porsche but yet to be resolved.
  9. Have not setup a charger at home, yet to use the charger which came with the car. I know there was recall so not sure if this is a new model or not, but will share information on that too.
  10. As usual was offered multiple maintenance packages on the car which i denied but Tire & Wheel package seems a good one and I am still thinking about it. Cost is $3795 for 4 years which includes (repairs or Replace Tie and wheel due to road hazards). Finance manager mentioned they don't fix the punctures at Porsche only replace tire which will be expensive. I check the front is $650/tire and rear is $900/ tire
  11. Car came with Yokohama ADVAN V35A and SA mentioned this is Porsche on tire for Cayenne on e-hybrids
  12. Car is Chromite Black and this color definitely surprised us. At the dealership it less bright condition it was looking pitch black and in bright sunlight it had shades of blue and green depending on the angle you are looking at it. One time family wanted a confirmation that they didn't accidentally painted itAlgarve Blue Metallic
  13. My wife is petite and had real hard time climbing in to the seats with her high heels, need to check if there's anyway to lower the seat and car every time passenger side door opens.
  14. I know Matrix Headlights are not completely activated for US market but looking at the switch between high beam and low beam depending on the oncoming traffic was great. And they are seriously bright.

Will add more things as I drive it more, so far really happy with the purchase.

1. AirPlay fiasco, I have 14 pro max which I set up at the dealership on the car and everything was working till it didn't. After disconnection it never joined back, deleting it restarting phone nothing helped. Eventually had to connect Wife's phone to make it work. Not sure who is at fault Apple or Porsche but yet to be resolved. Had the same thing happen to me too. Mine disconnected itself on day #1 and would not reconnect on its own. Deleting phone and re-establishing connection again fresh and new did finally work after like the 3rd try and now works fine each time. Initial glitch maybe?
  2. Have not setup a charger at home, yet to use the charger which came with the car. I know there was recall so not sure if this is a new model or not, but will share information on that too. Charger is the new model so you shouldn't have any issues with using it. New Cayenne's and Taycans were supposed to have the new upgraded ones when shipped so the recall doesn't apply. However with a home L2 charger setup the car and use is golden IMHO. I have 2 L2 charges that can use for my wife's Taycan CT4 or my Cayenne S e hybrid and can fully recharge in less than 3 hrs normally and can have full 45mile range each AM ready to go.
  3. As usual was offered multiple maintenance packages on the car which i denied but Tire & Wheel package seems a good one and I am still thinking about it. Cost is $3795 for 4 years which includes (repairs or Replace Tie and wheel due to road hazards). Finance manager mentioned they don't fix the punctures at Porsche only replace tire which will be expensive. I check the front is $650/tire and rear is $900/ tire. Yes probably a very good idea...i have the same wheels you have on my car 22" Sport Design I think they are called...and given the cost of the wheels as a package set which I think was about $8-10k for a set and tires then its good insurance. Tires you are correct are about $600-$750 each for "22 in Porsche specs from a TireRack look so yeah one flat will cost ya a tad bit more and the protection pack will pay for itself almost depending on your level of care and also negotiation skills. I got the finance guy to discount mine quite a bit so didn't pay what you quoted. But overall agree...good choice.

Quick Reply: Hybrid EPA Approval