Sponsored By:

Hybrid EPA Approval

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2024, 06:10 PM
jase700
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default TYD updates?

Has anyone else had their TYD update with an earlier date than June 28?
Old 05-20-2024, 07:12 PM
SWxSec
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Darkwing668
Can't wait to see your photos. Mine is also same color combo with carbon fiber interior trim, silvershade interior accent and chalk deviated stitching. Delivery ETA is Aug for me...literally counting the days.
Nice, I went with leather trim and neodyme accents.

Originally Posted by jase700
Nope, I wish!

Last edited by SWxSec; 05-20-2024 at 07:15 PM.
Old 05-20-2024, 07:18 PM
jase700
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Update

so my SA just wrote me that they are releasing non CARB states now/soon. Of course I bought a car in MD (CARB state) even though I’ll title it in VA {sigh}
The following users liked this post:
mdrobc1213 (05-21-2024)
Old 05-21-2024, 12:20 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 850 Likes on 466 Posts

Originally Posted by Electric Lizard
Interesting correspondence with my friends at CARB below. In other news, my base hybrid has arrived at my dealer in TX (see pic). Since we're headed out to the beach with the grand kids this week, I'll get it next week.

Congrats. She looks beautiful...Wow that color pops. What color is it again. Glad to hear and confirm some cars are getting released to dealers pre-CARB as it makes no sense to keep the cars from customers esp in non-carb states.
I’ll also let you know how this looks with the brick red leather.
I’ll post when I get the car next week.
Nice...I added one in Chalk to my 992. Nice touch on the interior. . Send pics when you have them.
Go figure!

I bought my 40th hoping to make it a track car. It was too luxurious to change. So I sold it and bought my GT3.
Yes sounds like someone at Porsche got some cajones and made a sensible and executive decision to release the cars to non-CARB states now that EPA has certified. I mean not illegal is it...maybe it was just a CARB policy or request that cars are held previously until ALL certs were done. Anyway sounds like the dayum has broken.
Nope mine says 28 June but has not been updated since 25 Apr 2024 though when it arrived in port. As reported my SA expects the car by months end and they've already listed 2 Turbo e Hybrid on their website saying IN TRANSIT already although don't know if they're customer cars or avail for sale.
so my SA just wrote me that they are releasing non CARB states now/soon. Of course I bought a car in MD (CARB state) even though I’ll title it in VA {sigh}
That explains it and confirms what I and others are hearing now...SA's reaching out to say vehicles are being released and coming soon....for non CARB states it seems. Keep the faith guys...CARB meets 5/23 according to their website so maybe the final piece of the dam will break then. Fingers crossed.
Old 05-21-2024, 12:31 AM
VoodooUomo
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 30 Posts

When I looked at past carb meeting notes and EOs I noticed that the meeting notes do not mention any drivetrain approvals and that past EO dates do not align with meetings.
I don’t know anything about how Carb works but it led me to believe it has nothing to do with the meetings.
Electric Lizard (05-21-2024)
Old 05-21-2024, 01:08 AM
Electric Lizard
Pinecone Watchman
Rennlist Member

Received 381 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by VoodooUomo
When I looked at past carb meeting notes and EOs I noticed that the meeting notes do not mention any drivetrain approvals and that past EO dates do not align with meetings.
I don’t know anything about how Carb works but it led me to believe it has nothing to do with the meetings.
Robin Lanz, who signs the EOs, is the Chief of an important CARB division. She doesn’t make policy like the board. She signs the EO when the regulatory requirements are met.
The following 2 users liked this post by Electric Lizard:
mdrobc1213 (05-21-2024), VoodooUomo (05-21-2024)
Old 05-21-2024, 02:16 AM
ThomasWShea
Burning Brakes

Received 425 Likes on 312 Posts

@Electric Lizard is that ring barrique? I have a red drive
mode button that i need to install, maybe i should consider adding the barrique ring to it. my steering wheel w the red 12 o’clock marker w the red stitching clashes w the barrique, but it has grown on me. I am semi thinking of getting red seat belts to round out the red & barrique.
Old 05-21-2024, 06:52 AM
Electric Lizard
Pinecone Watchman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ThomasWShea
@Electric Lizard is that ring barrique? I have a red drive
mode button that i need to install, maybe i should consider adding the barrique ring to it. my steering wheel w the red 12 o’clock marker w the red stitching clashes w the barrique, but it has grown on me. I am semi thinking of getting red seat belts to round out the red & barrique.
It’s “burgundy”. Given all the reds in your car, maybe you should get a red one.
Old 05-21-2024, 11:12 AM
SWxSec
Rennlist Member

It’s “burgundy”. Given all the reds in your car, maybe you should get a red one.
Speaking of various reds…. I’ll be interested to see how my selection of Boudreaux seatbelts plays out in an otherwise barrique interior. I think it should be ok because I intentionally did not spec deviated stitching — thought it would be too visually busy. Worst case, a buy a set of belts from suncoast.
Old 05-21-2024, 01:21 PM
Electric Lizard
Pinecone Watchman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SWxSec
Speaking of various reds…. I’ll be interested to see how my selection of Boudreaux seatbelts plays out in an otherwise barrique interior. I think it should be ok because I intentionally did not spec deviated stitching — thought it would be too visually busy. Worst case, a buy a set of belts from suncoast.
Since I couldn’t get a match, I kept black belts
Old 05-21-2024, 02:22 PM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 850 Likes on 466 Posts

Well the gods have spoken and stars aligned and SA just called and my car was released today from port! Should be at dealership in a few days but I am out of town for the weekend so will drop by on my way out to start paperwork and take delivery later in a week or so which also gives time for tint and stuff to be done! 😎

interestingly enough TYD showed car was still at port without any update this AM. But Opps..spoke too soon just shows now enroute
to me now! So Porsche IS efficient no? Expected date is now 31 May 2024!

We’ll see and just like the rest of you will be happy to get the car ahead of time and actually closer to the original delivery time given by Porsche when I ordered the car! Looking forward to seeing pics of all the deliveries soon! 👍🏾

Last edited by mdrobc1213; 05-22-2024 at 01:11 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by mdrobc1213:
Electric Lizard (05-21-2024), nkhalidi (05-22-2024)
Old 05-21-2024, 05:00 PM
ThomasWShea
Burning Brakes

Received 425 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by SWxSec
I am unsure what color the red on my wheel is...

Old 05-21-2024, 08:52 PM
retom
Pro

Received 445 Likes on 263 Posts

Originally Posted by ThomasWShea
I am unsure what color the red on my wheel is...

It is carmine red. IMO Bordeaux red seat belts won't match Barrique red interior. Better stay with black seat belts especially that such a swap would be very expensive and probably would need some coding (pyrotechnic belt tensioners).
ThomasWShea (05-22-2024)
Old 05-21-2024, 11:12 PM
SWxSec
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by retom
It is carmine red. IMO Bordeaux red seat belts won't match Barrique red interior. Better stay with black seat belts especially that such a swap would be very expensive and probably would need some coding (pyrotechnic belt tensioners).
Ha, far too late for that. Car’s unloaded at port. I think it’ll look good but only time will tell.
Old 05-22-2024, 01:45 AM
lazyace
Advanced

Received 39 Likes on 19 Posts

My SEH is headed from the dealership to the shop that handles my PPF, tint, ceramic, etc. It will then be delivered to me middle of next week. Two other hybrids arrived on the same truck and are also set to be delivered to clients. As it happens, mine was not expected by the dealer to be on that truck and was a surprise. My second ‘24 TGT is also tracking ahead of schedule. Things appear to be moving along, unlike my Purosangue, which has been en route for two and a half months, somewhere between Maranello and Mars.

Quick Reply: Hybrid EPA Approval