Sponsored By:

Porsche Export Hold

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2024, 05:47 PM
sapper17
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 992 911 GTS also

I have had a 2024 911 GTS at the port since December 19th for the same issue.
Old 02-16-2024, 02:24 PM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 814 Likes on 452 Posts

Apparently now the word is out and it’s geo-political not functional… not a question of bad part just made in what is considered a “bad” place and subjects the car to import hold due to sanctions against Chinese. Stupid error if you ask me.🤨. Sounds like Porsche is already pulling parts off cars and fixing and will add approved part to those coming off production line but will likely delay a lot of deliveries due to the logistics of how many cars are involved and where located to replace…as I understand it and has been mentioned if indeed ECU then easy in most cases to reach and replace but other models may require more disassembly then there is recoding to sure it is correctly married to the correct car and VIN likely with Porsche so more time for that I’d expect also!

Here’s the latest from yesterday…

https://europe.autonews.com/automake...e-subcomponent
The following users liked this post:
whistler80 (02-16-2024)
Old 02-17-2024, 11:56 AM
donsladek
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Motor Trend Article

Latest according to Motor Trend - US customs hold due to Chinese sourced parts:
https://www.motortrend.com/news/vw-g...western-china/
mdrobc1213 (02-19-2024)
Old 02-23-2024, 12:38 PM
SOLI2D-1
Intermediate

Received 39 Likes on 14 Posts

Hey All -
I just received a note from Porsche.
Logged onto TYD
Tells me my Cayenne has left the port.
Sitting since Jan 5th.
I'm going to assume this is correct and i'll see her next week!

Maybe this will offer some comfort to all of us waiting.......
AVUS (02-23-2024)
Old 02-23-2024, 12:40 PM
AVUS
Intermediate

Received 63 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by SOLI2D-1
Hey All -
Logged onto TYD
Sitting since Jan 5th.

That sounds just AWESOME!! I assume your Cayenne was held at the port for the part swap... were you notified about that via email from Porsche? Also, would you mind sharing which port your car has been stuck at?
Old 02-23-2024, 12:55 PM
SOLI2D-1
Intermediate

Originally Posted by AVUS
That sounds just AWESOME!! I assume your Cayenne was held at the port for the part swap... were you notified about that via email from Porsche? Also, would you mind sharing which port your car has been stuck at?
Yep held at port for part swap
Port of Baltimore

More news - its coming in fast and furious.
SA called me and confirmed it is en route to them.
SA called me 10 minutes later and stated car has arrived.
however, ports got the permission to release un repaired - my Dealer will be getting the part and doing the retro. they do not have the updated part yet so who knows the wait, but i can drive by and gaze upon it every day....
freddiesobrev (02-24-2024)
Old 02-23-2024, 01:37 PM
AVUS
Intermediate

Received 63 Likes on 24 Posts

Port of Baltimore

however, ports got the permission to release un repaired - my Dealer will be getting the part and doing the retro. they do not have the updated part yet so who knows the wait, but i can drive by and gaze upon it every day....
Thank you for the additional updates! What a rollercoaster tease that is from Porsche. Now you can see it, maybe even touch it, but still not have it. Oh, man! Still, the positive is that there is some progress. I'm hoping for you the dealership will get the part quickly and replace it swiftly.

My Cayenne is at the port of Benicia. I have yet to receive any update other than the generic 4/12 date.
Old 02-23-2024, 02:16 PM
ThomasWShea
Burning Brakes

Received 374 Likes on 278 Posts

since it is clear now that porsche is replacing the chips because of the forced labor, and not because the approval for the part simply expired as some had advanced, then will they replace ALL the forced labor chips even in cars already delivered? it just seem hypocritical to replace the chips in undelivered cars only if they are being replaced solely because of the labor used to make the part, and not because the part itself is faulty.

anyone else have any thoughts on this?
Old 02-23-2024, 03:45 PM
steveclear
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey All -
Logged onto TYD
Sitting since Jan 5th.

First of all, congrats. Would you please post a screenshot of the note? Is it an email? Thanks!
Old 02-23-2024, 06:00 PM
erko1905
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 61 Posts

Interesting, so cars being released unfixed - but they still can't be sold while unfixed? or, we could take the cars and bring it in as if a recall when the part arrives?
Old 02-23-2024, 06:00 PM
Electric Lizard
Pinecone Watchman
Rennlist Member

Received 376 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by ThomasWShea
since it is clear now that porsche is replacing the chips because of the forced labor, and not because the approval for the part simply expired as some had advanced, then will they replace ALL the forced labor chips even in cars already delivered? it just seem hypocritical to replace the chips in undelivered cars only if they are being replaced solely because of the labor used to make the part, and not because the part itself is faulty.

anyone else have any thoughts on this?
It’s my understanding that the ban on products from Western China (home of the Uyghur work camps) took effect fairly recently. Imports before the effective date didn’t need to certify that they were produced without forced labor. Now they do. Same chip, different rules.
donsladek (02-26-2024)
Old 02-23-2024, 11:22 PM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 814 Likes on 452 Posts

Port of Baltimore

Can you share what model Cayenne your ordered and has arrived soon to be delivered? But yes good news for sure for you and maybe some others for sure.

My TDY shows no changes and still a delivery at the end of June...vehicle doesn't go into production for another 3 weeks tho. Not scheduled to arrive and leave port once produced till 1st week of April and delivery end of June. Not sure if that is a placeholder date or note. Will see...
Old 02-24-2024, 04:35 AM
ThomasWShea
Burning Brakes

Received 374 Likes on 278 Posts

Originally Posted by Electric Lizard
It’s my understanding that the ban on products from Western China (home of the Uyghur work camps) took effect fairly recently. Imports before the effective date didn’t need to certify that they were produced without forced labor. Now they do. Same chip, different rules.
i think why this is kind of a brain breaker for me is that supposedly w matters of slavery, there is a desire (and i believe this is a noble desire) to not have goods made w slave labor. i would think caring about that would extend to figuring out what chips were potentially made w the slave labor and eliminating them from use - whether they are already in sold cars or unsold cars. if we are saying it is okay for the chips that are already in use in sold cars, this kind of explodes the idea of reparations doesn’t it? we are saying what is done is done, and all we need to do is worry about moving forward. if that is the thinking then the idea of reparations should be void because that is for rectifying something that is also long done.
Old 02-24-2024, 08:48 AM
Electric Lizard
Pinecone Watchman
Rennlist Member

Received 376 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrobc1213
…Not sure if that is a placeholder date or note. Will see...
The 28Jun date is a placeholder for Porsche’s best guess as to when EPA approval will be complete.
Old 02-26-2024, 12:23 PM
SOLI2D-1
Intermediate

Originally Posted by mdrobc1213
Can you share what model Cayenne your ordered and has arrived soon to be delivered? But yes good news for sure for you and maybe some others for sure.

My TDY shows no changes and still a delivery at the end of June...vehicle doesn't go into production for another 3 weeks tho. Not scheduled to arrive and leave port once produced till 1st week of April and delivery end of June. Not sure if that is a placeholder date or note. Will see...
Cayenne Coupe' (Base 6 Cyl) - lots of fun upgrades.
I've seen her with my own eyes.
Look but don't Touch
I'm being told they can't hand her off until fixed.
They do not have parts yet.
They stated could be up to 2 months (end of April)
The following 2 users liked this post by SOLI2D-1:
donsladek (02-26-2024), mdrobc1213 (02-26-2024)

Quick Reply: Porsche Export Hold