Sponsored By:

Porsche Export Hold

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2024, 01:39 PM
jayshi827
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Porsche Export Hold

I just got a message from my SA today when I inquired my non-hybrid base Cayenne: "We just got a notification that the software update was completed but there is now some type of export hold on not only Porsche but Audis also. We have not received any other info or ETA."

My car has been in Houston port for about 2 weeks now. I will share more info as it becomes available.
The following users liked this post:
donsladek (01-23-2024)
Old 01-29-2024, 03:32 PM
ricktu
Track Day

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Got a similar update from my SA today as well. My Cayenne S (non-hybrid) just landed in Benicia over the weekend, but this hold will most likely delay it. No details on what the hold is about or when it will get resolved. The hold looks to be across several brands in the VW Group, not just Porsche.
Old 01-29-2024, 06:37 PM
jayshi827
Intermediate

The lack of transparency is frustrating.
Old 01-29-2024, 07:08 PM
ricktu
Track Day

I just re-read the text from my SA. According to the SA, it's affecting all cars that are part of the VW group. It's a customs issue of some kind. Agree that more transparency would be welcomed.
Old 02-01-2024, 12:56 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 814 Likes on 452 Posts

My SA said today he had no issues and no hold when I placed my deposit prior to my freeze date next week. Looks like this will be a long 4-6 mos till my vehicle is built and shipped and just maybe delivered!
Old 02-01-2024, 02:08 PM
ricktu
Track Day

Originally Posted by mdrobc1213
My SA said today he had no issues and no hold when I placed my deposit prior to my freeze date next week. Looks like this will be a long 4-6 mos till my vehicle is built and shipped and just maybe delivered!
I wouldn't expect any issues with placing an order. The hold is really an "import" hold I think, not an export hold. So it's happening to cars that are arriving at US ports. The wording I got was an "administrative hold" is in place. No word yet on how long this will take to resolve. As it's at the VW Group level, not just Porsche, I would hope this is a top priority as it's holding up a lot of vehicles. But, I've not been able to find any information on the web about it and of course very limited communication from my SA as he doesn't have any information to pass along.
Old 02-01-2024, 02:53 PM
ThomasWShea
Burning Brakes

Received 374 Likes on 278 Posts

Originally Posted by ricktu
I wouldn't expect any issues with placing an order. The hold is really an "import" hold I think, not an export hold. So it's happening to cars that are arriving at US ports. The wording I got was an "administrative hold" is in place. No word yet on how long this will take to resolve. As it's at the VW Group level, not just Porsche, I would hope this is a top priority as it's holding up a lot of vehicles. But, I've not been able to find any information on the web about it and of course very limited communication from my SA as he doesn't have any information to pass along.
i am really curious what the hold is for. administrative implies it is logistical, but they don't normally declare a hold if they are just slow w the import process.
Old 02-01-2024, 04:15 PM
AVUS
Intermediate

Received 63 Likes on 24 Posts

Got a similar update from my SA today as well. My Cayenne S (non-hybrid) just landed in Benicia over the weekend, but this hold will most likely delay it. No details on what the hold is about or when it will get resolved. The hold looks to be across several brands in the VW Group, not just Porsche.
Your SA clearly communicates better than mine. My Cayenne S Coupe also arrived in Benicia about a week ago. Nothing since...
Old 02-01-2024, 04:31 PM
ricktu
Track Day

Originally Posted by AVUS
Your SA clearly communicates better than mine. My Cayenne S Coupe also arrived in Benicia about a week ago. Nothing since...
Maybe reach out to your SA and see if they can give you an update on progress?
Old 02-01-2024, 06:38 PM
jayshi827
Intermediate

My SA told me that the hold can be "potentially" lifted by the end of Feb earlier today.
Old 02-01-2024, 06:58 PM
ricktu
Track Day

Originally Posted by jayshi827
My SA told me that the hold can be "potentially" lifted by the end of Feb earlier today.
I’m going to be super disappointed if it takes a month+ to resolve this hold. Especially if we have no information on what the hold is for. I can’t believe VW Group would let it go that long as it applies to all VW cars in the US…
AVUS (02-01-2024)
Old 02-02-2024, 07:59 AM
Electric Lizard
Pinecone Watchman
Rennlist Member

Received 376 Likes on 214 Posts

I’m going to be super disappointed if it takes a month+ to resolve this hold. Especially if we have no information on what the hold is for. I can’t believe VW Group would let it go that long as it applies to all VW cars in the US…
Don’t ever carry out a corporate wide scheme to lie to the USEPA.
Larson E. Rapp (02-05-2024)
Old 02-02-2024, 11:09 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ThomasWShea
i am really curious what the hold is for. administrative implies it is logistical, but they don't normally declare a hold if they are just slow w the import process.
Yes someone somewhere some folks didn’t dot a t or cross and I or attach a photocopy or sign or submit a payment somewhere for VW as this affects not just Porsche but Volkswagen, Lamborghini, Audi and a few others…that’s a whole lot of metal to hold from sale/delivery!
Originally Posted by AVUS
Good luck…
Originally Posted by jayshi827
My SA said is admin not cars themselves and his mgmt says Porsche NA down the street here in ATL expects it to be lifted by soon and to have deliveries cleared by 14 Feb! Happy Valentines Day maybe! lol
Yes whole VW group implies larger paperwork/certification issue…maybe something overlooked or overdue not submitted or some monies paid to block all exported sales till lifted!
Originally Posted by Electric Lizard
Don’t ever carry out a corporate wide scheme to lie to the USEPA.
doubt it’s that much….likely due to some port clearance or likely EPA issue with certification.
Old 02-02-2024, 12:26 PM
donsladek
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by mdrobc1213

My SA said is admin not cars themselves and his mgmt says Porsche NA down the street here in ATL expects it to be lifted by soon and to have deliveries cleared by 14 Feb! Happy Valentines Day maybe! lol
Hope this is right, our Cayenne base was completed yesterday and is on it's way to Port Emden!
Old 02-02-2024, 03:11 PM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by donsladek
Hope this is right, our Cayenne base was completed yesterday and is on its way to Port Emden!
Just got off the phone with my SA. Note to them this AM are cars can be shipped, no production delays, admin hold for updated part required for release was what they were told. ETA as said part(s) arrive in US and are swapped out likely at Port as part of clearance to release process to respective dealers. No word on what part is from him but If backlogged that explains some of it possibly. Fingers crossed 🤞 also for all!

Quick Reply: Porsche Export Hold