Sponsored By:

Porsche Export Hold

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2024, 09:45 PM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 814 Likes on 452 Posts

Originally Posted by ricktu
Curious what you have on order? I'm wondering if there's a path to getting this kind of compensation for all delayed at port?
Well I just asked….sent my dealership and SA a copy of one of the letters another member received and posted from Porsche NA re: the delay and said I had not been contacted our updated and asked what their plan was. SA replied back with the above offered items from Porsche NA and the dealership throw ins. Car is 2024 Cayenne S e-hybrid.
Originally Posted by ThomasWShea
yes this is an extensive list of freebies. unless someone’s definition of these items differs from mine ur talking about a solid 15k of giveaways.
Maintenance plans I believe are on Porsche. Tint my SA threw in along with significantly discounted ceramic/PPF. Dealer also added interior protection stuff and since ii have 22” said wheel protection can be added and offered at savings below cost. I just asked and after some back and forth we agreed upon the above.😀

Last edited by mdrobc1213; 02-11-2024 at 09:48 PM.
Old 02-12-2024, 08:31 AM
Patriot
Rennlist Member

Received 779 Likes on 288 Posts

Originally Posted by ricktu
I wouldn't expect any issues with placing an order. The hold is really an "import" hold I think, not an export hold. So it's happening to cars that are arriving at US ports. The wording I got was an "administrative hold" is in place. No word yet on how long this will take to resolve. As it's at the VW Group level, not just Porsche, I would hope this is a top priority as it's holding up a lot of vehicles. But, I've not been able to find any information on the web about it and of course very limited communication from my SA as he doesn't have any information to pass along.
Does the hold prevent dealers from selling cars on their lots, or does the hold prevent that too?
Old 02-12-2024, 10:45 AM
Shuga
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 786 Likes on 563 Posts

Originally Posted by Patriot
Does the hold prevent dealers from selling cars on their lots, or does the hold prevent that too?
It doesn't seem to effect the cars that are already at the dealer. I've been talking to a few dealers and non of them mentioned a Stop Sale on the cars on the lot.
Old 02-12-2024, 10:48 AM
Shuga
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

I'm honestly getting pissed off. The dealers I talked to over the weekend where foaming at the mouth saying how they're not going to get any Cayennes till April so the prices are going up again, and that they don't want negotiate because of the low inventory.

The whole thing is a scam, and gets me wondering if this whole thing is a set up.
Old 02-12-2024, 11:02 AM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,581 Likes on 1,604 Posts

Originally Posted by Shuga
I'm honestly getting pissed off. The dealers I talked to over the weekend where foaming at the mouth saying how they're not going to get any Cayennes till April so the prices are going up again, and that they don't want negotiate because of the low inventory.

The whole thing is a scam, and gets me wondering if this whole thing is a set up.
Dude, no. Manufacturers do not shoot themselves in the foot this way. Whatever your dealers are telling you are just your dealers being dealers.

My dealer is rightly pissed. They don't have cars to sell and these guys are on 100% commission. Hard to make money in sales when you don't have anything to sell. This is not a set up.
The following users liked this post:
MaxLTV (02-13-2024)
Old 02-12-2024, 11:14 AM
Shuga
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf
Dude, no. Manufacturers do not shoot themselves in the foot this way. Whatever your dealers are telling you are just your dealers being dealers.

My dealer is rightly pissed. They don't have cars to sell and these guys are on 100% commission. Hard to make money in sales when you don't have anything to sell. This is not a set up.
I don't agree. Create a limited supply price goes up. It scares the current buyers into jumping something that they're on the fence about because they fear that they're not going to be able to get one for months... .
These cars don't fly off the shelfs to begin with. They make the money off the Macan buyers.
So the Cayenne's can sell at sticker or above which gets the dealers through till April.

Old 02-12-2024, 11:35 AM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,581 Likes on 1,604 Posts

Originally Posted by Shuga
I don't agree. Create a limited supply price goes up. It scares the current buyers into jumping something that they're on the fence about because they fear that they're not going to be able to get one for months... .
These cars don't fly off the shelfs to begin with. They make the money off the Macan buyers.
So the Cayenne's can sell at sticker or above which gets the dealers through till April.
Erm....ok. We will disagree on this one then.
Old 02-12-2024, 11:34 PM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 814 Likes on 452 Posts

Yes they have cost to keep the dealership running and move cars that's what they do...they do not create this kinda problem (we're talking nationwide across the US also not just a handful of cars for a week ro so) just to make a few extra thousand $$ on a deal. Also to coordinate it across the US for every Porsche dealer and German factory and ports would be almost impossible to do. So while some dealers may be trying to gain a bit of a financial advantage most are not happy about having cars to sell technically that their customers cannot get/they cannot delivery. For Porsche AG and Porsche NA it is also in their best interest to fix this problem ASAP so a lot of effort and $$ is likely gonna be thrown at this problem in a short amount of time to resolve this issue if corporate is thinking correctly and their A team is on the job.
Erm....ok. We will disagree on this one then.
LOL
AVUS (02-13-2024)
Old 02-13-2024, 01:06 AM
RDPorsche58
Track Day

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Got a similar email today stating that production of our 24 Cayenne is being put on hold indefinitely. Funny thing is that we already took delivery of it on 12/23/2023. I’m assuming that ours is affected by this part issue (production date 10/31/2023) but made the cut before the hold was put in place. Definitely a frustrating situation to say the least, especially if your car is sitting at the destination port.
Old 02-13-2024, 02:54 AM
ThomasWShea
Burning Brakes

Received 374 Likes on 278 Posts

driving my 2024 belarus cayenne and loving it...however, if someone is really antsy, i could consider offers
whistler80 (02-13-2024)
Old 02-14-2024, 09:02 AM
SOLI2D-1
Intermediate

Received 39 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by RDPorsche58
Got a similar email today stating that production of our 24 Cayenne is being put on hold indefinitely. Funny thing is that we already took delivery of it on 12/23/2023. I’m assuming that ours is affected by this part issue (production date 10/31/2023) but made the cut before the hold was put in place. Definitely a frustrating situation to say the least, especially if your car is sitting at the destination port.
Whoa - I'm fairly certain I don't like that word "indefinitely".
You're the first I'm hearing such verbiage.
Old 02-14-2024, 09:04 AM
SOLI2D-1
Intermediate

driving my 2024 belarus cayenne and loving it...however, if someone is really antsy, i could consider offers
Show off
Old 02-14-2024, 09:34 AM
ThomasWShea
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by RDPorsche58
this indicates there is no material difference between the part you and I have in our cars, and the part in cars that are now held. how insane to make porsche switch parts out for un delivered but already built cars if they won’t be switching the same part out in already delivered cars. if the part has to be switched simply because a paper approval wasn’t in place, our policy makers are missing the mark in a big way. i am sure that cannot be the intent of the regulation. i wish we knew what was really going on.
Old 02-14-2024, 09:45 AM
SOLI2D-1
Intermediate

this indicates there is no material difference between the part you and I have in our cars, and the part in cars that are now held. how insane to make porsche switch parts out for un delivered but already built cars if they won’t be switching the same part out in already delivered cars. if the part has to be switched simply because a paper approval wasn’t in place, our policy makers are missing the mark in a big way. i am sure that cannot be the intent of the regulation. i wish we knew what was really going on.
I find it stunning that we can't get the real story.
There are MANY who know, yet no information has gotten out and we're all simply speculating. Is Porsche that good at protecting their secrets?
This is strange.
Old 02-14-2024, 09:49 AM
ThomasWShea
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by SOLI2D-1
I find it stunning that we can't get the real story.
There are MANY who know, yet no information has gotten out and we're all simply speculating. Is Porsche that good at protecting their secrets?
This is strange.
It appears so…maybe it is a VW AG wide skill…since audi is also good at keeping any details about the root cause of their BSG failure under wraps.

Quick Reply: Porsche Export Hold