Sponsored By:

Turbo GT Thread - MY2024+

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2024, 05:08 PM
Schnave
Rennlist Member

Received 2,570 Likes on 1,358 Posts

Originally Posted by ma1111
Anyone having delays for vehicles here, I got the notification that the car is at the port, but not sure how long it will be their, dealer end is February 16, how long will it take?
You’re not alone. Far from it:

https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-...hips-from.html

https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-...port-hold.html

https://rennlist.com/how-tos/slidesh...-delays-965553

The delay has also been reported in the news:

https://jalopnik.com/porsche-cant-se...-no-1851235453

https://www.thestreet.com/automotive...eir-dream-cars

And Reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Porsche/com...2024_delivery/

Last edited by Schnave; 02-14-2024 at 07:59 AM.
Old 02-14-2024, 08:51 PM
Muhney
Rennlist Member

Received 430 Likes on 188 Posts

Hi all, I'm strongly considering trading my 2024 992 Turbo S in on a Cayenne GT, hopefully they are available to order in a reasonable time. My question that I can't seem to find an answer to is "Are GT T's available without the Alcantara bits? I've seen many pictures of interiors and they all have Alcantara dash, steering wheel etc and I'm not a fan. I'm also a big fan of ventilated seats which Alcantara can't provide. Thanks for your help.
Old 02-14-2024, 09:06 PM
ranger22
Rennlist Member

Received 363 Likes on 205 Posts

Originally Posted by Muhney
Hi all, I'm strongly considering trading my 2024 992 Turbo S in on a Cayenne GT, hopefully they are available to order in a reasonable time. My question that I can't seem to find an answer to is "Are GT T's available without the Alcantara bits? I've seen many pictures of interiors and they all have Alcantara dash, steering wheel etc and I'm not a fan. I'm also a big fan of ventilated seats which Alcantara can't provide. Thanks for your help.
The answer is yes you can get leather and ventilated seats, but you could have figured that out on your own if you visited the Porsche site to configure one.
Old 02-14-2024, 09:09 PM
Muhney
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ranger22
The answer is yes you can get leather and ventilated seats, but you could have figured that out on your own if you visited the Porsche site to configure one.
Yes, I've built and ordered 3 different cars on the Configurator. Apparently it was down because the GTT wasn't even showing as an option.
Thanks for your response.
Old 02-14-2024, 09:20 PM
ThomasWShea
Burning Brakes

Received 374 Likes on 278 Posts

Originally Posted by JTG13
@JTG13 what color is that cayenne?! chalk? just curious - mine is carrara…

Last edited by ThomasWShea; 02-14-2024 at 09:21 PM.
Old 02-14-2024, 09:58 PM
clemsondds
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

This is probably a dumb question but you guys that daily a GT…do you find yourself driving it 90% of the time in comfort mode like a regular cayenne and then 10% of time when the conditions are right laying the hammer down? Or is it hard to resist the temptation and constantly drive like a hooligan? I’m guessing it has more to do with the individuals personality, but thought I would ask. My panamera turbo-s e-hybrid was so refined that sometimes you forgot that it could turn in to a savage beast.
Old 02-14-2024, 10:03 PM
Hams911
Rennlist Member

Received 58 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by clemsondds
This is probably a dumb question but you guys that daily a GT…do you find yourself driving it 90% of the time in comfort mode like a regular cayenne and then 10% of time when the conditions are right laying the hammer down? Or is it hard to resist the temptation and constantly drive like a hooligan? I’m guessing it has more to do with the individuals personality, but thought I would ask. My panamera turbo-s e-hybrid was so refined that sometimes you forgot that it could turn in to a savage beast.
im maybe 60/40 civil to nuisance in the GT. Wayyy harder to not drive like a kid than my panamera ST turbo. The induction noise the GT department was able to pull off paired with cracks on the exhaust make it addicting.
Old 02-14-2024, 10:21 PM
canuckporsche
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

I drive my TGT all the time in Sport mode - perfect balance of sportiness and comfort and the irritating Stop Start is shut off.
The following 2 users liked this post by canuckporsche:
Muhney (02-15-2024), Optimistic (02-17-2024)
Old 02-14-2024, 10:42 PM
PAJ
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts

I am still breaking mine in, so I am showing some restraint. What I have found so far is that I prefer drive mode in sport and suspension mode in normal. This allows for a comfortable ride and easy access to power when you want it. The TGT handles so darn well I don't feel the need to take it out of normal chassis setting often. To me, these settings allow the TGT to be both cruiser and aggressive without having to fiddle with the modes. I find the TGT gets up to speed so quickly that the more rewarding aspect of the package is the way it handles. To answer your question, even during break-in, I am giving my right foot exercise on a regular basis - it is just too much fun not to. I should add that I did install a Pedal Commander and it has added immensely to my enjoyment of this beast. With the Pedal Commander, I would only use Sport Plus drive mode on a track.
Old 02-14-2024, 11:04 PM
JTG13
Instructor

Received 75 Likes on 40 Posts

sport mode 90% of the time. Wakes up the car substantially.
Old 02-14-2024, 11:06 PM
JTG13
Instructor

Received 75 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by ThomasWShea
@JTG13 what color is that cayenne?! chalk? just curious - mine is carrara…
it’s chalk, correct. The HS is Grigio Hati, which is $20k paint at lambo believe it or not. Non metallic as well.
Old 02-15-2024, 10:06 AM
clemsondds
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Hams911
im maybe 60/40 civil to nuisance in the GT. Wayyy harder to not drive like a kid than my panamera ST turbo. The induction noise the GT department was able to pull off paired with cracks on the exhaust make it addicting.
Originally Posted by canuckporsche
I drive my TGT all the time in Sport mode - perfect balance of sportiness and comfort and the irritating Stop Start is shut off.
Originally Posted by PAJ
I am still breaking mine in, so I am showing some restraint. What I have found so far is that I prefer drive mode in sport and suspension mode in normal. This allows for a comfortable ride and easy access to power when you want it. The TGT handles so darn well I don't feel the need to take it out of normal chassis setting often. To me, these settings allow the TGT to be both cruiser and aggressive without having to fiddle with the modes. I find the TGT gets up to speed so quickly that the more rewarding aspect of the package is the way it handles. To answer your question, even during break-in, I am giving my right foot exercise on a regular basis - it is just too much fun not to. I should add that I did install a Pedal Commander and it has added immensely to my enjoyment of this beast. With the Pedal Commander, I would only use Sport Plus drive mode on a track.
Originally Posted by JTG13
sport mode 90% of the time. Wakes up the car substantially.
Sounds good! Looking for something that has a little bit of rawness in every mode ha. I was sortof looking at the E63S, since I heard it was like that, but I think I would miss the Porsche quality. What I want is a 911 GT3 but for daily use (not low profile) and ease of egress ha...so that's why I'm thinking the TGT is the way to go. Thank you all for your feedback!
Old 02-15-2024, 04:03 PM
dasher17
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Muhney
Yes. 2 leather options are available: Black and Black/Bordeax. No cost option.
Old 02-15-2024, 04:29 PM
BTurbo
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Another option is to leave in "normal" mode but put transmission in manual and upshift and downshift yourself. Extra sharp shifting and more response with this combo !
Old 02-17-2024, 11:57 AM
Muhney
Rennlist Member

Has anyone here gone from a 992 Turbo S to a Cayenne Turbo GT? I'm a little conflicted. Love my Turbo S but it's just not very practical. I do have a 2018 Macan Turbo with the perfomance package as my DD. But I'm considering making some changes. If anyone made the change, do you have any regrets? I think my TTS has retained value close to MSRP so it's not a disaster financially to consider trading it. I've also considered trading just the Macan but having 500+k in 2 cars seems a little over the top for my conservative self. Appreciate any comments.

Quick Reply: Turbo GT Thread - MY2024+