Sponsored By:

2024 Cayenne S Login and ALK Issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2023 | 01:14 AM
TurboJake
Instructor

Default 2024 Cayenne S Login and ALK Issues

Hey everyone,

I took delivery of my 2024 Cayennes S yesterday. The things a beast and I absolutely love it. So, for everyone waiting on the update and delivery, it's well worth the wait.

That said, there are two frustrating issues I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing so far. My SA is investigating but still curious if others have any info.

1. My car won't login to my account. Neither QR code or username/password work. It fails and tells just tells me that Registration is not available at this time. Note the password is correct, an incorrect password returns a different error.

2. I can't activate Active Lane Keep despite having Innodrive. Note, I'm talking about Active Lane Keep (ALK), not Lane Keep Assist (LKA) which is working and nudges the car back into the lane if departing. I checked the manual and activation of Active Lane Keep is supposed to be in the digital manual which I don't have access to on the app until I'm logged in with the car. What's weird is I did find a video online that shows three options. I've attached the photo below. I'm assuming the "Lane Keeping" there is for "Active Lane Keep" and not just Lane Keep Assist. Mine is entirely missing "Lane Keeping" as an option and instead of "Route Topography" it just says "Route". Based on what I know, it's are supposed to be there with innodrive. And I've confirmed the innodrive option is on my window sticker.

Is anyone else experiencing similar issues and if you purchased Innodrive, do you have issue 2 where Active Lane Keep seems to be missing entirely? I have a current theory that the update might have installed a version of the software that doesn't have Active Lane Keep even though it should.

Thanks!

Old 08-25-2023 | 11:54 AM
Woofman
Burning Brakes

Are you selecting PID/Innodrive with the toggle switch on the cruise control stalk? Using the controls on the stalk, you can select either regular adaptive cruise control or Porsche Innodrive (PID). When Innodrive is selected, "PID" is displayed in the instrument cluster and in the heads-up display. At least that's the way it works in my 2022.
The following users liked this post:
Schnave (08-25-2023)
Old 08-25-2023 | 12:46 PM
David0413
Instructor

On my 2022 you click the edit button for the left screen and check ALK. It will then work for ACC and PID but only while one of those is active
The following users liked this post:
Woofman (08-25-2023)
Old 08-25-2023 | 03:59 PM
TurboJake
Instructor

Originally Posted by Woofman
Are you selecting PID/Innodrive with the toggle switch on the cruise control stalk? Using the controls on the stalk, you can select either regular adaptive cruise control or Porsche Innodrive (PID). When Innodrive is selected, "PID" is displayed in the instrument cluster and in the heads-up display. At least that's the way it works in my 2022.
it works a bit differently in the 2024. The only options are shown here. And then additional options like lane keep are shown on the center screen like in my original post.

My car does not show lane keeping when up put the assist mode into Adaptive Cruise Control as shown below.

Old 08-25-2023 | 06:53 PM
John Mclane
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

I got the same screen from the assisted cruise control, only 2 options.

I managed to login to my porsche but I cannot create different users under that account.

Manual indicates you can have up to 6 users and a guest. That's for the car comfort settings, user is under the same account. If you create another account you won't have the connect services (unless paid separately I imagine). Secondary user is also different.

Also could not use the remote park (the app icon that should be with ventilation and the key fob is not there) or save comfort settings to different key fobs. All described in the manual.
Old 08-25-2023 | 09:08 PM
TurboJake
Instructor

Originally Posted by John Mclane
I got the same screen from the assisted cruise control, only 2 options.

I managed to login to my porsche but I cannot create different users under that account.

Manual indicates you can have up to 6 users and a guest. That's for the car comfort settings, user is under the same account. If you create another account you won't have the connect services (unless paid separately I imagine). Secondary user is also different.

Also could not use the remote park (the app icon that should be with ventilation and the key fob is not there) or save comfort settings to different key fobs. All described in the manual.
do you have Innodrive equipped?
Old 08-25-2023 | 09:29 PM
John Mclane
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TurboJake
do you have Innodrive equipped?
Yes
Old 08-26-2023 | 04:34 PM
TurboJake
Instructor

Yes
interesting, I’m getting a little worried the car was delivered without it due to some sort of supply chain issue.
Old 08-27-2023 | 05:23 PM
Eric11
Instructor

I have those 2 settings too
Old 08-27-2023 | 07:48 PM
TurboJake
Instructor

Well, the plot thickens. This error message came up while I was driving today but disappeared after the car was turned off and back on.

Old 08-27-2023 | 08:02 PM
John Mclane
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Although that option is not populated in the car, it's working. I wonder if this is due to lawyer/designers for the US market, where you cannot turn off that option when using cruise control.
Old 08-27-2023 | 08:04 PM
TurboJake
Instructor

Although that option is not populated in the car, it's working. I wonder if this is due to lawyer/designers for the US market, where you cannot turn off that option when using cruise control.
The lane keep assist that nudges you back into the lane if you drift is working. But for me it’s not actively following lanes like it should.
Old 08-27-2023 | 08:05 PM
John Mclane
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TurboJake
The lane keep assist that nudges you back into the lane if you drift is working. But for me it’s not actively following lanes like it should.
Time for a test drive with the dealer. Hopefully yours is better than mine my local one, which is selectively blind to anything that doesn't show in the PIWIS or can have a picture taken.
Old 08-27-2023 | 08:26 PM
TurboJake
Instructor

Time for a test drive with the dealer. Hopefully yours is better than mine my local one, which is selectively blind to anything that doesn't show in the PIWIS or can have a picture taken.
My SA is actively looking into it so hoping they can figure it out soon. Is your car actively lane keeping? Also what does your assistance setting screen look like?Mine looks like this.

But, my SA sent me one that looks like this in a car he had access to

Old 08-27-2023 | 09:25 PM
John Mclane
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Mine looks like the former.

Edit:
From the manual. I dont have access to the car now, but I dont recall the following operation being available as well. Also, I have yet to see the double green lines on the sides like the picture below displays. This is in keeping with what you described. Looks like features are missing. Mine is a launch car, is that the same case with yours?

Fig. 1 Active lane guidance in the Assisted Driving viewAActive lane guidance status display
B Animation of Active lane guidance
Reading system states

The table shows the system states of Lane states of active lane guidance and and their display in the instrument cluster:

Status display

Meaning

No display

Active lane guidance is switched off.

Active lane guidance switched on but passive

Active lane guidance is switched on and active.

Active lane guidance is switched on and active.

Improved lane guidance is active below 60 km/h and in the case of a detected vehicle ahead.

Information
Turning Active lane guidance on and off

If Assisted Driving is active, Active lane guidance can be switched on/off. Selection or deselection is possible with the control lever in the instrument cluster and in the center display.
Fig. 1 Control leverRMODE: Switch systems on/off and open the selection menu
Turning Active lane guidance on and off
  • Adaptive Cruise Control switched on.
  1. Press button R (Fig. 1) on the control lever.

A drop-down menu appears on the center display.
  2. Switch Active lane guidance on or off in the drop-down menu.

– or –
  3. Activate AssistanceAdaptive Cruise ControlActive Lane Keeping.

Last edited by John Mclane; 08-28-2023 at 03:01 PM.

Quick Reply: 2024 Cayenne S Login and ALK Issues