Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2024 Cayenne S Login and ALK Issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2023 | 07:27 PM
silversurfer6
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by John Mclane
Self parking works really well. Needs some practice to recognize the distance to the parking spot the car needs to allow the procedure. It also takes the car out of the parking spot.
There's a remote function via app that was not available on my launch model, but it's available now as an option and present on several other models.
John,

do you trust it and use it? Is there a time to react if something goes wrong?
Old 10-20-2023 | 07:28 PM
raymort
Rennlist Member

Self parking works really well. Needs some practice to recognize the distance to the parking spot the car needs to allow the procedure. It also takes the car out of the parking spot.
There's a remote function via app that was not available on my launch model, but it's available now as an option and present on several other models.
Which app has it. I don’t see it available on my app.
Old 10-20-2023 | 07:29 PM
silversurfer6
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by raymort
I have it, as it was packaged with the surround view. However, it looks completely useless to me.
I tried to read the instructions in the web manual - seriously wtf. It is so technical and complicated that is you need a phd to understand it - and I am fairly technical. Porsche needs to hire people to write their manuals and keep the laywer **** at the bottom.
Old 10-20-2023 | 07:34 PM
silversurfer6
Rennlist Member

I think you car is an early spec one like mine and we did not have that option. I personally only had the middle option to get the surround view. The 3rd one gives you the app.

From the configurator:

- Remote-controlled parking
Remote-controlled parking allows to enter and leave the parking space via your smartphone. The system automatically detects parking spaces and measures their size. If the parking space is a suitable size, the driver can initiate the parking maneuvers and then get out. At the end of the parking maneuver, the vehicle is automatically switched off and locked.
- Garage Pilot
The Garage Pilot uses the same principle as the remote-controlled parking and is used when the vehicle is to be parked in or out of a narrow garage without the driver being in the vehicle. The driver can also use this function to make the vehicle leave the garage.
- Active Parking Support
The system automatically detects parking space. Once the system has signaled that the parking space is a sufficient size, the driver can initiate and control the parking process. The system automatically takes over the steering and the forward and backward movement of the vehicle. The Active Parking Assistance is able to park the vehicle in parallel and perpendicular parking spaces.
- 3D Surround View
The 3D display allows the driver to influence the perspective displayed, resulting in a better all-round view.

- Rear Cross Traffic Alert
The Rear Cross Traffic Alert uses the rear radar and, where system limitations allow, warns the driver when reversing slowly when the parking aid is activated. The system warns, for example, of critically approaching vehicles when leaving a perpendicular parking space. The information is provided in stages – visually on the PCM touchscreen display, audibly and, if necessary, with a jolt of the brakes.

Notes:
Only compatible with iPhone 7 and higher with iOS 13 and higher
The assistance provided by Remote Park Assist is subject to system limitations. The driver must monitor at all times and intervene in cases of doubt. Remote ParkAssist is not available in some countries

Old 10-20-2023 | 07:36 PM
silversurfer6
Rennlist Member

Actual update. Got a call from the dealer after they spent time doing nothing yesterday, asking to return today. Today they tell me that yesterday afternoon they got a call from PCNA saying that there's an actual update enabling the feature above.
Took about 30 min, it's working as the manual describes. Can't help but feeling vindicated after the way they dismiss this. Of course, this may be my experience alone as I'm not privy tow what actually happens behind the curtains.
John, if you got a document or any details on this please post them so it can help others convince their dealer that this thing exist.
Old 10-20-2023 | 08:01 PM
John Mclane
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by silversurfer6
John,

do you trust it and use it? Is there a time to react if something goes wrong?
Like the huskies would say, trust but verify. I left the car take over with my foot ready to break if the margins are too close. I just did a transverse parking a few minutes ago and worked fine.

Beemers had that for at least 10 years. The car hat numerous sensors that might be better than some drivers.
Old 10-20-2023 | 08:03 PM
John Mclane
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

It's not available for the first batch of cars. Mine doesn't have.
There a symbol by the heating and key fob on the main screen of the app. I saw on the configurator a few days back.
Old 10-20-2023 | 08:06 PM
John Mclane
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

John, if you got a document or any details on this please post them so it can help others convince their dealer that this thing exist.
I'll ask the dealer to send me the receipt. Will post here when I have it. Allegedly, they got word from PCNA, and will call the local owners for this update. It might be worth now to get in touch with the local dealer.
Old 10-20-2023 | 11:55 PM
Fahrfun
Instructor

John: Really glad to hear they got back to you and successfully implemented it (after they understood the issue). It would have been a shame not to have it working, let alone pay for nothing! After using it last week over 1100 miles, I can say it’s wonderful on those boring interstates. The self steering is a delight and far smoother than in my late X5. I found strengths and weaknesses in each of the three options (once they all show up on the screen upon pushing the mode side button, as they should if one ordered innodrive), and I’ll post more details in my “first week impressions” at a later date when I get back from the road trip. However, I never felt “in danger” at any point by the way the Cayenne took charge unlike that late BMW that was downright scary at times.

raymort/silversurfer6: As John already mentioned, the self-park works pretty well after some practice learning what parking situations work and what doesn’t. Best to start with the manual. I know, it’s not always easy to understand what it is saying. You control the brakes throughout the process and you can go as slowly as you want. And if you don’t like where it’s heading, brake to a stop and “X” out of it. It’s nice how it also works to get you out of a parallel parking as long as there are at least three feet of open space in front and back combined per manual. The key thing is to drive far enough past an open spot until the spot shows up in blue on the screen at which point only the “Start” button becomes available. Another point is that there need to be parked cars around for the system to work. My first attempt was in a large empty parking lot with dozens of spaces but zero cars. The program didn’t identify anything. I thought what a joke… but the joke was on me as I later read in the manual that it requires cars to be detected. Maybe the German logic is, if one can’t park themselves in an empty parking lot, then one should not have passed their drivers license lol.

Yes, now you can order the remote park option which includes the 360 surround and self park (with driver inside the car). This is about $500 more in the US than the original 360+park option before the remote parking became available. Not sure if our early models can be retrofitted at some point… but if I need that (because the space is so tight that I can’t get out of the car) then I don’t want to park there in the first place! (I.e. think what is the person next to you - without park remote - going to do to get into their own car…)

Last edited by Fahrfun; 10-21-2023 at 12:10 AM.
The following users liked this post:
tavi (10-21-2023)
Old 10-21-2023 | 11:37 AM
Kalson
Instructor

Ok, I was wrong on this. I finally read the manual and the button is there. I was not really going to get this option but since this was an early configured car it was the only way to get surround view.
Is this the button you pressed? Mine has been grey the entire time of ownership. I've followed the instructions in the online videos on how to trigger it to start. No luck.

Old 10-21-2023 | 01:28 PM
Fahrfun
Instructor

Originally Posted by Kalson
Is this the button you pressed? Mine has been grey the entire time of ownership. I've followed the instructions in the online videos on how to trigger it to start. No luck.
Yes that is the button. Odd place and size in my opinion but it is what it is. For me it stays grey most of the time and becomes bright white only when below some slow speed and close to cars parked on either side. The conditions have to be “just right” I guess. If you have been doing that with no luck, I would call your sales agent and ask for a demo on their lot… in case something is not working right and that way they can’t deny it.
Old 10-21-2023 | 07:16 PM
tavi
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by tavi
Talked to my dealer on another issue and they said that ALK was a known issue and being updated at the dealership. Hopefully, your dealership gets the “memo” and the update.
I have the text chain asking the Sales Manager and my SA about this issue and was told that it was an update to be done at the dealer. Realized that my CS did not have ALK activated and am not a happy person especially being pro-active about this issue before delivery.

Texted them Thursday and they said that I would have to bring it back in to recode the ALK.

Their response “It’s actuallly programming lost at PDI, It’s’ rare but not impossible.”

They said they would check with service and would be “on it” and haven’t heard back. I live in a rural area that has 4 lane divided highways to any city/town with speed traps, this option is something I really wanted and need.

Last edited by tavi; 10-21-2023 at 07:17 PM.
Old 10-23-2023 | 05:17 PM
silversurfer6
Rennlist Member

One more question about ALK:

Anybody has this through the option "ALK with ACC" and not through "Innodrive"

I would like to know if the activation is the same and if I should get a pop up on the PCM as well. I do not have Innodrive but "'ALK with ACC".
Old 10-23-2023 | 05:20 PM
andyz02
Track Day

One more question about ALK:

Anybody has this through the option "ALK with ACC" and not through "Innodrive"

I would like to know if the activation is the same and if I should get a pop up on the PCM as well. I do not have Innodrive but "'ALK with ACC".
It should look like in those pictures that were posted here before:

Old 10-23-2023 | 06:09 PM
silversurfer6
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by andyz02
It should look like in those pictures that were posted here before:

@andyz02 Are the above from car without innodrive?

Quick Reply: 2024 Cayenne S Login and ALK Issues