2024 Cayenne S Login and ALK Issues

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2023, 01:34 PM
John Mclane
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,394 Likes on 756 Posts

Originally Posted by niko78
My software version is on picture tomorrow I will be at Service Porche and I will want to install proper software version My inodrive not working properly Thanks 🙏
Thanks.
Please update us with the new version number. My dear dealer started the conversation saying I don't have the option, for which I told him to look at the window sticker. My local dealer is terrible. A picture of the software version will go a long way.
Next if the remote updates that I could not turn on in the website. Remote parking via app also not even populating.
Old 09-20-2023, 02:02 AM
enriquevaldez505
5th Gear

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Here’s my software version.

Hope this helps. Active Lane Keeping is definitely worth having.

Last edited by enriquevaldez505; 09-20-2023 at 12:24 PM. Reason: ALK in instrument cluster
The following users liked this post:
Fahrfun (09-20-2023)
Old 09-20-2023, 01:40 PM
niko78
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Thanks a lot man for sharing your pictures

Today I drive 180 miles away from my city to services Porsche and they explain this option not working in my county region Bulgaria that’s is big issue for Porsche because why they sell this option in my country ? And of course they get already my money. And their Tester computer can’t connecting with car because The car is very new model.So they will order new tests computer PIWI from Germany to open new model Cayenne after 1-3 months . I order and pay extras and can’t use them and Maybe I will sell the car, or wait couple of months to see what’s happening. I will write a letter to Porsche Germany and wait for theirs answer. That’s all for now. Have nice Evening from Bulgaria

QUOTE=enriquevaldez505;19022040]Here’s my software version.

Hope this helps. Active Lane Keeping is definitely worth having.

[/QUOTE]
Old 09-22-2023, 03:21 PM
raymort
Rennlist Member

Received 2,250 Likes on 1,141 Posts

How do you deactivate the LKA?
Old 09-22-2023, 04:10 PM
Kalson
Instructor

Received 89 Likes on 58 Posts

Hold the button on the bottom of the cruise control stalk.
Old 09-22-2023, 05:08 PM
niko78
Advanced

Default Same situation is with me

Originally Posted by TurboJake
Hey everyone,

I took delivery of my 2024 Cayennes S yesterday. The things a beast and I absolutely love it. So, for everyone waiting on the update and delivery, it's well worth the wait.

That said, there are two frustrating issues I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing so far. My SA is investigating but still curious if others have any info.

1. My car won't login to my account. Neither QR code or username/password work. It fails and tells just tells me that Registration is not available at this time. Note the password is correct, an incorrect password returns a different error.

2. I can't activate Active Lane Keep despite having Innodrive. Note, I'm talking about Active Lane Keep (ALK), not Lane Keep Assist (LKA) which is working and nudges the car back into the lane if departing. I checked the manual and activation of Active Lane Keep is supposed to be in the digital manual which I don't have access to on the app until I'm logged in with the car. What's weird is I did find a video online that shows three options. I've attached the photo below. I'm assuming the "Lane Keeping" there is for "Active Lane Keep" and not just Lane Keep Assist. Mine is entirely missing "Lane Keeping" as an option and instead of "Route Topography" it just says "Route". Based on what I know, it's are supposed to be there with innodrive. And I've confirmed the innodrive option is on my window sticker.

Is anyone else experiencing similar issues and if you purchased Innodrive, do you have issue 2 where Active Lane Keep seems to be missing entirely? I have a current theory that the update might have installed a version of the software that doesn't have Active Lane Keep even though it should.

Thanks!

That’s my menu

Old 09-22-2023, 05:19 PM
John Mclane
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Dealer played dumb as usual,saying "I don't have the option" instead of investigating. Classical, no surprises there.
Old 09-22-2023, 05:38 PM
niko78
Advanced

I have the same issue with Innodrive
Old 09-23-2023, 11:43 AM
Fahrfun
Instructor

Received 172 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by John Mclane
Dealer played dumb as usual,saying "I don't have the option" instead of investigating. Classical, no surprises there.
It’s laughable how many times the manual states page after page to only let your Porsche center service experts deal with the car as they know best. I called those so called experts earlier in the week while they were doing the PDI and their mandatory 30+ miles to inform them, instruct them, remind them to make sure they confirm the ALK on innodrive is fully functional and if not to update the software before I pick up the car three days later.

Finally my long awaited day of delivery arrived and while going through the features intro I immediately pushed the ACC mode button on the stalk and sure enough, the third and most critical $2700 option was missing. The sales guy had no clue what I was talking about and tried to bs me saying ALK shows up on my dash just fine instead of remaining quiet and trying to learn something. The service desk had no clue what I was talking about even after showing the screenshots on my phone from this forum. To brush me off, they sent me back to my sales person, however, fortunately, I ran into the Porsche sales manager who immediately took the service person to the car, did the same test and looked at the window sticker then sternly told the latter “it is missing, fix this!”.

Now I have to wait two weeks to get in the schedule. I left telling them, “You know, this is the first brand I’ve owned where I had to schedule service even before driving the first ten feet of ownership!”

PS: when I asked them why my car had 49 miles I got no answer other than telling me the extra 17 miles were from the shipping from Germany.

Anyway, many many thanks to all who posted in this thread with the pertinent information and pictures to reveal and address this problem.

Last edited by Fahrfun; 09-23-2023 at 11:49 AM.
Old 09-23-2023, 01:00 PM
John Mclane
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Ideally there should be a campaign number to refer them to. But, this is tbe type of issue that they will not generate a campaign as I see very few owners noticing it and why would VW pay the dealers to fix something they can just deny? Wouldn't be the first time.
Old 10-05-2023, 01:24 PM
Obelix13
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

On mine, active line tracking doesn't work either. Same problem. Do you know if the solutions have been found?
Old 10-05-2023, 01:49 PM
TurboJake
Instructor

Received 96 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Obelix13
On mine, active line tracking doesn't work either. Same problem. Do you know if the solutions have been found?
There is an update that service can perform to activate it. It is a known bug with Porsche now. Make a service appointment and they’ll take care of it.
Old 10-05-2023, 02:30 PM
Fahrfun
Instructor

Received 172 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by Obelix13
Update: I brought it in and they fixed it. If your service contact has any doubts or questions, maybe showing them my receipt pictured below will help. Also, the quick way to test if ALK (Active Lane Keeping) is even operable with ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control) is to push the Mode button on the cruise control stalk and watch for the three options on the PCM screen window to pop up… not just two. In other words, before the fix the steering wheel symbol on the right was missing. After the fix the steering wheel symbol shows as it should, as in the second pic below. I tested the “self driving” inno option immediately after pick up and it seemed to work as it should. PS: you may notice on my receipt the courtesy vehicle inspection. They even texted me a video report going under the car measuring the remaining tire tread depth and brake pad thickness. I was such a relieved customer to know that my tires and brakes were still acceptable after 49 original miles on the vehicle LoL.

Last edited by Fahrfun; 10-05-2023 at 02:35 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Fahrfun:
Kalson (10-09-2023), Obelix13 (10-05-2023)
Old 10-05-2023, 02:45 PM
John Mclane
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

That's really good info. Although dealers will say any absolute nonsense before saying " I don't know, let me look into it". I FW to the tech, but the local dealer is terrible, like the majority.
Old 10-05-2023, 04:54 PM
Obelix13
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

Merci Beaucoup

Quick Reply: 2024 Cayenne S Login and ALK Issues