Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2023, 11:08 PM
V999
Rennlist Member

Received 366 Likes on 220 Posts

Originally Posted by svinaik1
I stayed with standard issue . 20 Inch Cayenne S Wheels
Thanks.

I have a CS coming with 22s. On air suspension. I’m curious how the ride will be. Sounded like it’s really good on your 20s, as expected.

I’m used to pretty harsh riding sports cars, and even with 22s, the CS will have more sidewall and suspension compliance than I’m used to. Traded a 991.2 GTS for a 992 GT3 because the GTS was too soft.

So I’m guessing the ride will feel relatively cushy to me. But we’ll see.
Old 09-20-2023, 12:33 AM
Skydog0203
8th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tavi
Argh!! My TYD added an additional week moving from Sept 22nd to Sept 29th for delivery to Atlanta for my April 8th ordered CS. Dealer said other C & CS dates were also moved to Sept 29th as well but haven’t heard back from regional as to why. Shocker that they haven’t heard anything!
Sorry to hear this. Mine is still showing 9/22, but that is not looking likely. SA says they are shipping some from JAX with the update and others without for the dealer to update. Sounds like they are trying to get them out, but I'm assuming there is some delay related to the storm that other ports aren't experiencing. Damn shame because I'm traveling through Atlanta this weekend to visit my son at boarding school and was really hoping to pick it up either on the front or back end of the trip. Instead, I'll be driving the family truckster to and from with my wife while she tells me what an idiot I am for buying a Porsche. I guess I won't tell her my plan to order a 911 in a year or so. Can't wait to actually get my car so I can finally stop watching these damned youtube review videos. How do these people make money doing this when they all say the same thing?
Old 09-20-2023, 05:32 AM
Varnavas
Track Day

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JasperW
I’m hoping for late Sep, but I think mid-Oct is a more realistic date!
I hope is October and not November
Old 09-23-2023, 04:25 AM
Zetta
Racer

Received 322 Likes on 102 Posts

I spoke to a mechanic and a sales assistant yesterday. The hybrid campaign is divided into two parts - on the one hand, vehicles that only need a software update and, on the other hand, vehicles that need both a software update and the replacement of a high-voltage cable. The second, larger, campaign takes around 4 hours, although 1-2 days are planned for each vehicle, since if the software update is canceled, it has to be reinstalled from the beginning. But overall there seems to be a light at the end of the tunnel. Deliveries in October are therefore realistic.
The following users liked this post:
Varnavas (09-24-2023)
Old 09-23-2023, 07:51 AM
Electric Lizard
Pinecone Watchman
Rennlist Member

Received 381 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by Zetta
…But overall there seems to be a light at the end of the tunnel. Deliveries in October are therefore realistic.
My family hates when I say this: Nothing could possibly go wrong now.
Varnavas (09-24-2023)
Old 09-28-2023, 05:27 AM
Varnavas
Track Day

I spoke to a mechanic and a sales assistant yesterday. The hybrid campaign is divided into two parts - on the one hand, vehicles that only need a software update and, on the other hand, vehicles that need both a software update and the replacement of a high-voltage cable. The second, larger, campaign takes around 4 hours, although 1-2 days are planned for each vehicle, since if the software update is canceled, it has to be reinstalled from the beginning. But overall there seems to be a light at the end of the tunnel. Deliveries in October are therefore realistic.
Hi All any further updates from EU? Here in Cyprus still waiting. I was told after mid-October.
Old 09-28-2023, 06:24 AM
Docmem
Advanced

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Varnavas
Hi All any further updates from EU? Here in Cyprus still waiting. I was told after mid-October.
I am in the UK, getting car delivered in 2 days. Currently getting the upgrade. One of my friend also got his car delivered this week so it’s all happening.
thanks
Old 09-28-2023, 07:58 AM
Varnavas
Track Day

Originally Posted by Docmem
I am in the UK, getting car delivered in 2 days. Currently getting the upgrade. One of my friend also got his car delivered this week so it’s all happening.
thanks
Perfect. Let’s hope is running smooth in other countries as well.
Old 09-28-2023, 11:53 AM
Pat_OD
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by svinaik1
Folks

just had another nice drive ( 300 miles) in Cayenne S . Just reconfirming the initial impressions . Superbly planted and smooth ride . Excellent suspension and biggest surprise the MPG that I am getting on highway diriving in S.
Great to hear, I have a CS coming in shortly with 21s. Looks like you are close to me, I'm about 5 miles North on your Map!
Old 09-28-2023, 12:15 PM
Sammersam
Racer

Received 104 Likes on 75 Posts

Is the last dial on the right the average speed that you were going? I'm assuming the first one is amount of time driven, 2nd. the distance, third average mpg.
Old 09-28-2023, 04:37 PM
Zetta
Racer

Received 322 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by Varnavas
My delivery is scheduled for next week. Cayenne Coupe E-Hybrid. I'm really looking forward to it
Varnavas (09-29-2023)
Old 09-29-2023, 05:24 AM
Varnavas
Track Day

My delivery is scheduled for next week. Cayenne Coupe E-Hybrid. I'm really looking forward to it
Where are you from? Anyone else from EU that got it or scheduled to get it ?
Old 09-29-2023, 07:46 AM
svinaik1
Advanced

Received 45 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Sammersam
Is the last dial on the right the average speed that you were going? I'm assuming the first one is amount of time driven, 2nd. the distance, third average mpg.
Yes. Avg. speed is from the start of the vehicle. In city speed was lower than this and highway speed was higher. This is the Avg. in total.
Old 09-29-2023, 07:47 AM
svinaik1
Advanced

Originally Posted by Pat_OD
Great to hear, I have a CS coming in shortly with 21s. Looks like you are close to me, I'm about 5 miles North on your Map!
Excellent. I bought my car from Herb Chambers (Porsche Burlington). Had a great experience with them.
Old 09-29-2023, 07:51 AM
svinaik1
Advanced

Originally Posted by V999
That came out looking great,

I’ve been thinking about having my incoming Chromite black Cayenne S done in Suntek Ultra Matte (my PPF guy uses Suntek products). He uses patterns to precut and upsizes them a bit so he can wrap edges where possible without removing body panels or other bits (he’ll pull headlights only, so far as know). He says there would be a slight bit of gloss showing on door handles or side mirrors.

Did your PPF company custom cut and remove a lot of stuff from the car? Or did they do something similar to what my guys is describing? According to my guy, you can’t see any gloss from two feet away, but get right up close and you see a bit on the door handles, etc.
I did not see the whole process but from what I saw on installation video, Installer did not remove any panels / doors. The PPF is wrapped on the edges and you cannot see any seams. Matt finish ( XPEL Stealth) really did an amazing turn on the paint. Where ever I go, people are commenting on the uniqueness of the color/ finish. I am so happy that I went this route. Car id now fully protected and looks amazing.
The following 2 users liked this post by svinaik1:
DubDub12 (09-30-2023), V999 (09-29-2023)

Quick Reply: 24 Cayenne stop sale