Notices
Cayenne 9Y0 2019 - 3rd Generation
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Cayenne GTS MY22 Australia Recall! What to do?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2021, 07:48 PM
speedmax
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cayenne GTS MY22 Australia Recall! What to do?

Good news and bad news, after nearly a year waiting my Cayenne GTS MY22 finally landed at the dealership, bad news, got told a recall as been issued and they can not deliver the car until the problem is resolved ! The issue is wrong/faulty valve spring, it has to be replaced, so around 70 something GTS getting delivered to Australia between December 2021 and early 2022 are affected.
Parts has been ordered and ETA is around Feb 2022... has anyone in Australia received similar notice? I saw some similar engine recall issue for cayman earlier this year and people in the state and Canada got compensated and warranty extended, didn't get any of that this time. I did ask but no response from the dealer and Porsche Australia yet.

So does anyone know what's involved to replace the Valve spring? Like taking the engine apart? Is there any downside in long run? I means it's a brand new car... not a good feeling...should I worry about it?

What do you guys suggest to do? Should I wait and take the delivery or reject the car and order a new one? I don't mind waiting.
Old 12-30-2021, 12:30 AM
joinauto
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Same problem here. Car just arrived and they issued a stop sale order right before the delivery. Mine is MY21 though.

Wondering how you get MY22 a year ago.
Old 12-30-2021, 09:04 AM
disden
Drifting

Received 1,243 Likes on 483 Posts

My MY2022 was delivered 2 weeks ago, no word yet on recall from dealer…but, suspect it will happen soon
Old 12-30-2021, 10:19 AM
BigA
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by speedmax
Good news and bad news, after nearly a year waiting my Cayenne GTS MY22 finally landed at the dealership, bad news, got told a recall as been issued and they can not deliver the car until the problem is resolved ! The issue is wrong/faulty valve spring, it has to be replaced, so around 70 something GTS getting delivered to Australia between December 2021 and early 2022 are affected.
Parts has been ordered and ETA is around Feb 2022... has anyone in Australia received similar notice? I saw some similar engine recall issue for cayman earlier this year and people in the state and Canada got compensated and warranty extended, didn't get any of that this time. I did ask but no response from the dealer and Porsche Australia yet.

So does anyone know what's involved to replace the Valve spring? Like taking the engine apart? Is there any downside in long run? I means it's a brand new car... not a good feeling...should I worry about it?

What do you guys suggest to do? Should I wait and take the delivery or reject the car and order a new one? I don't mind waiting.
oh no, I am also in Aust... my GTS eta is end Jan. Please keep us posted with what they suggest... sounds like I could be in the same boat
Old 12-30-2021, 12:44 PM
speedmax
Track Day

Originally Posted by joinauto
Same problem here. Car just arrived and they issued a stop sale order right before the delivery. Mine is MY21 though.

Wondering how you get MY22 a year ago.

initially ordered my21, just before lockout date MY22 got released , managed to change my order. So what are you planning to do?
Old 12-31-2021, 10:09 AM
speedmax
Track Day

Originally Posted by disden
My MY2022 was delivered 2 weeks ago, no word yet on recall from dealer…but, suspect it will happen soon
Hope your's is ok, but please let us know if you do get the recall notice too.
Old 12-31-2021, 10:10 AM
speedmax
Track Day

Originally Posted by BigA
oh no, I am also in Aust... my GTS eta is end Jan. Please keep us posted with what they suggest... sounds like I could be in the same boat
I might suggest to call our dealer, they can use the VIN code to find out if the car is part of the recall or not, then order the spring replacement ASAP so you can save a bit of time waiting.
Old 01-01-2022, 11:52 AM
duke5021
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I took delivery of my MY22 last month and no recall notices... Checked the online recall look up and nothing there either. Guess its not all 22's and maybe just a local issue? (https://recall.porsche.com/prod/pag/...ReadForm&c=usa )
Old 01-02-2022, 03:31 AM
joinauto
Advanced

Originally Posted by speedmax
initially ordered my21, just before lockout date MY22 got released , managed to change my order. So what are you planning to do?
Looking for more information about it. Looks it is a problem only with some of V8 engines. Depending on how serious the problem is, I might book another one as a replacement. Waiting is not a big problem for me.
Old 01-06-2022, 02:07 AM
Arkenbout
AutoX

Just took delivery of my Cayenne Coupe Turbo S E-Hybrid on January 4 and got a call yesterday from the dealership for exactly the same issue, wrong valve springs have been installed. Seems the car shouldn’t be driven anymore till the valve springs are replaced…
I was wondering how bad it is I’ve driven around 700 km already, and indeed, what if they take the engine apart…
As I’ve always driven Maserati’s and everybody moans about their quality, I didn’t expect this now that I bought my first, and famous for quality, German car..
Old 01-06-2022, 02:37 AM
Trendy01
Track Day

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Aust delivered MY21' GTS here and no recalls or issues so far.

My only complaint is the front brakes are a little noisy at low parking speeds. Dealer attempted application of a silicon which resolved it for albeit 10min of driving?
The following users liked this post:
904brnbo (01-22-2022)
Old 01-06-2022, 10:11 AM
CanuckGT4
Rennlist Member

Received 269 Likes on 175 Posts

Sounds like a bad batch of valve springs from a supplier. Porsche doesn't manufacture every component in the vehicle. Hence only certain Vin numbers will be affected.
Old 01-06-2022, 02:52 PM
joinauto
Advanced

Originally Posted by Arkenbout
Just took delivery of my Cayenne Coupe Turbo S E-Hybrid on January 4 and got a call yesterday from the dealership for exactly the same issue, wrong valve springs have been installed. Seems the car shouldn’t be driven anymore till the valve springs are replaced…
I was wondering how bad it is I’ve driven around 700 km already, and indeed, what if they take the engine apart…
As I’ve always driven Maserati’s and everybody moans about their quality, I didn’t expect this now that I bought my first, and famous for quality, German car..
Looks like it only involves recent deliveries from my limited data points. They might have changed the supplier for whatever reason (hopefully not for cost cut). Replacing the valve springs is a big surgery to the engine. Bummer.
Old 01-07-2022, 03:50 AM
Arkenbout
AutoX

Originally Posted by joinauto
Looks like it only involves recent deliveries from my limited data points. They might have changed the supplier for whatever reason (hopefully not for cost cut). Replacing the valve springs is a big surgery to the engine. Bummer.
My car (MY22) has been waiting for delivery at the dealer since October 12, but wanted it to get it’s first registration in 2022.
Old 01-18-2022, 10:26 PM
joinauto
Advanced

SA called today that parts will arrive month end and repair will be done soon after.
The following users liked this post:
sadjad (01-20-2022)

Quick Reply: Cayenne GTS MY22 Australia Recall! What to do?