Notices
Cayenne 9Y0 2019 - 3rd Generation
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Cayenne GTS MY22 Australia Recall! What to do?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2022, 10:10 PM
thebestoil
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Valve springs are now at the dealership; however, all the hardware has not arrived. There is also a special tool needed, for which the dealership has a workaround. Some of the hardware is on hand, some available in the U.S., but some is backordered in Germany with an ETA of about 10 days.
We're looking at mid-April at this point.
The engine has to be dropped and put on the bench to complete the recall. About a 3-day process.
We're over 90 days since I acquired the car and awaiting the recall parts and repairs to be made. Recall was reported on Carfax 11/29/21.
Old 04-02-2022, 06:10 AM
ppsa
Track Day

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by thebestoil
Valve springs are now at the dealership; however, all the hardware has not arrived. There is also a special tool needed, for which the dealership has a workaround. Some of the hardware is on hand, some available in the U.S., but some is backordered in Germany with an ETA of about 10 days.
We're looking at mid-April at this point.
The engine has to be dropped and put on the bench to complete the recall. About a 3-day process.
We're over 90 days since I acquired the car and awaiting the recall parts and repairs to be made. Recall was reported on Carfax 11/29/21.
Thanks for sharing the info. Which state are you in? Did the dealership ever mentioned about extended warranty or similar compensations?
Old 04-02-2022, 09:54 AM
thebestoil
Rennlist Member

In Georgia. The new car manager mentioned there could be some compensation for the big inconvenience (several months) and gave an example like free maintenance in the outyears; however, he did say specifics would be presented when car is ready to avoid any premature negotiations about it.
I think an extended warranty would be more appropriate considering the issue.
The following users liked this post:
ppsa (04-03-2022)
Old 04-10-2022, 10:11 PM
ppsa
Track Day

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

Quick update.

Got msg from my local dealer saying the parts and tools are available to order and it would take aprox 3 days to perform the fix and hopefully deliver the car at end of this month. No mention about the compensation or extended warranty.

cheers
Old 04-10-2022, 11:07 PM
thebestoil
Rennlist Member

Sounds similar to what I have been told. I was notified 3/30 part numbers were available to order. Valve springs are in but all the hardware is not. Parts Manager said there is no "kit" for the job and all the hardware, clips, washers, "o" rings, etc., had to be ordered a la carte. Been about 2 1/2 weeks so far. I was told last week all the parts are either at the dealership, in the country or in customs, except for some "o" rings that were backordered in Germany. They were supposedly checking with Germany but haven't received an update. 3 day job is what I was told, too. Hope you get your parts!
Old 05-28-2022, 05:27 PM
joinauto
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Thought I would give an update.

The car is finally ready for pick up after 5 months additional delay. Called Porsche about the inconvenience and possible extended warranty. Surprised that they will only provide a voucher for 2nd year maintenance, which is worth $1200. No extended powertrain warranty at all.

I searched the forum and found that Porsche also had an engine recall last year on 718 GT4. They did engine swap with factory brand new built engine for Gt4 instead of fixing it as in the Cayenne GTS case. Porsche also contacted the customers waiting for their car delivery and provided 8 years extended warranty as well as cash compensation for the inconvenience.

In my case, my car was put on stop sale right before the delivery. I never received any letter from Porsche about the issue and there has been no apology in any form for the inconvenience. The $1200 proposal is laughable considering how much inconvenience the problem has caused. Why they handle this so differently from 718 GT4? Because Cayenne GTS is cheaper?

Very very disappointed about Porsche. So I rejected the car.

Last edited by joinauto; 05-28-2022 at 05:28 PM.
Old 05-28-2022, 05:31 PM
3-Pedals
Rennlist Member

Received 1,744 Likes on 974 Posts

Originally Posted by joinauto
Thought I would give an update.

The car is finally ready for pick up after 5 months additional delay. Called Porsche about the inconvenience and possible extended warranty. Surprised that they will only provide a voucher for 2nd year maintenance, which is worth $1200. No extended powertrain warranty at all.

I searched the forum and found that Porsche also had an engine recall last year on 718 GT4. They did engine swap with factory brand new built engine for Gt4 instead of fixing it as in the Cayenne GTS case. Porsche also contacted the customers waiting for their car delivery and provided 8 years extended warranty as well as cash compensation for the inconvenience.

In my case, my car was put on stop sale right before the delivery. I never received any letter from Porsche about the issue and there has been no apology in any form for the inconvenience. The $1200 proposal is laughable considering how much inconvenience the problem has caused. Why they handle this so differently from 718 GT4? Because Cayenne GTS is cheaper?

Very very disappointed about Porsche. So I rejected the car.
I’m not surprised at all. I came to the conclusion that Porsche doesnt treat Cayennes and Macans (and their respective customers) the same way they do 911 or 718s especially the GT variants. Soccer mom car vs whatever. I know I know…
Old 05-29-2022, 12:44 AM
Dyim
Drifting

Received 1,045 Likes on 559 Posts

My Spyder was involved in the 4.0 connecting rod stop sale fiasco last year.

I rejected that car and waited exactly a whole year to get a new car delivered from the original delivery date. Have to fight like hell to get the new allocation.

Porsche ended up not giving me anything other than the new allocation. I need to push the dealer for extras. It can be done.

When the Felicity Ace sank, Porsche prioritized to replace those vehicles on board.

Put up a fight and don’t accept what was offered if you are not happy.

Here was what was offered. I was in the minority to not accept the car. GL.

Old 05-30-2022, 08:57 PM
joinauto
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Dyim
My Spyder was involved in the 4.0 connecting rod stop sale fiasco last year.

I rejected that car and waited exactly a whole year to get a new car delivered from the original delivery date. Have to fight like hell to get the new allocation.

Porsche ended up not giving me anything other than the new allocation. I need to push the dealer for extras. It can be done.

When the Felicity Ace sank, Porsche prioritized to replace those vehicles on board.

Put up a fight and don’t accept what was offered if you are not happy.

Here was what was offered. I was in the minority to not accept the car. GL.

Great that it finally worked out for you.

At least, Porsche contacted you regarding the issue and provided an honest solution.

For Cayenne GTS, no direct contact from Porsche about the issue, no apology from Porsche, and no compensation offered proactively from Porsche. When pushed, they are only willing to provide a voucher for second year maintenance for the exhausted waiting and inconvenience. Definitely second class citizen experience.

They don't care, and I don't have to drive Porsche. There are tons of alternatives.

Old 05-31-2022, 08:13 AM
Dyim
Drifting

Received 1,045 Likes on 559 Posts

Originally Posted by joinauto
Great that it finally worked out for you.

At least, Porsche contacted you regarding the issue and provided an honest solution.

For Cayenne GTS, no direct contact from Porsche about the issue, no apology from Porsche, and no compensation offered proactively from Porsche. When pushed, they are only willing to provide a voucher for second year maintenance for the exhausted waiting and inconvenience. Definitely second class citizen experience.

They don't care, and I don't have to drive Porsche. There are tons of alternatives.
Sorry to hear that.

When this all started, we had quite an active thread going on RL.

I was also part of a chat group away from RL to keep each other informed. Without that, we were left alone to deal with this.

While it could be possible they are treating you differently than sports car owners, another possibility is maybe your issue and fix is not as bad as ours.

FWIW, I also had to have my engine dropped in the Macan to fix the timing chain cover oil leak issue. Albeit that was a 5 year old car then.

Definitely different for a new vehicle. I understand your pain and frustration.

Quick Reply: Cayenne GTS MY22 Australia Recall! What to do?