Sponsored By:

Dashcam on Cayenne

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2024, 07:09 PM
retom
Pro

Received 413 Likes on 245 Posts

Originally Posted by Woofman
Yes, the front-only version works fine for my needs. I've downloaded numerous videos from it most of which are of stop sign and red light runners. Maybe I'll upload those videos to the YouTube channel where I put the FITCAMX video that shows how my LED-matrix headlights work after 9xx re-coded them.

I still wish that the FITCAMX could put location coordinates and vehicle speed on the videos as many dashcams do. And it would be nice if it supported a better WiFi connection protocol that would allow faster video downloading. I usually remove the microSD card and plug it into a personal computer.

If I was going to install a rear camera, I'd investigate running the cable to it under the door threshold plates and behind the cargo area trim instead of through the headliner. I've run a lot of cables through vehicles and have found that under the door thresholds is easiest and less stressful. I would definitely spring for a new FITCAMX front/rear setup if they made the improvements I want.
I also have had FitcamX for 3 weeks (front only). The quality is good and there is no problem connecting to the smartphone. I just ordered a polarizing filter for the FitcamX to reduce reflections from the windshield. We'll see if it helps. I tried to play video files from the camera on PCM, but it only plays sound without image. Pity.

Quick Reply: Dashcam on Cayenne