Glitches

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2019, 08:58 PM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Received 229 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by azra
Interesting thread.

I'd like to add one which is assignment of the diamond button sometimes gets reset to nothing.
another related issue is that there are cases where the diamond button is working as it should, but when checking the settings menu it is showing that the button is not yet assigned.
This happens in my 2018 Panamera a lot...
Old 03-15-2019, 12:13 AM
MrIncredible
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 26 Posts

I see there are some issues with iPhones dropping Bluetooth but I’m wondering if anyone is having issues with the WiFi hotspot. We can get our iPhones connected but then it says that there is no network connection even though the PCM seems to be working normally and getting service. We’ve had the car at the dealer and it took them several days to even get the phone connected in the first place and now that we can get connected it doesn’t work so no notifications will come to the phone because it’s relying on the hotspot for data.
Old 03-15-2019, 12:37 AM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Received 229 Likes on 158 Posts

I was pointed to this article in another forum thread:

https://www.greencarreports.com/news...uel-has-gotten

It's 2.5 years old and talks about the new-generation Panamera, but it mentions that the new car has 100 million lines of code in its computer system, vs. only 2 million lines of code in the first-gen system. That's a LOT of new code. The new-gen Cayenne must have a lot of that same new Panamera code, and that may explain why there are a lot of glitches being reported that have to do with the computer system and electronics; other 2018 Panamera owners have been also complaining about a lot of electronics/computer glitches, though my 2018 Panamera has not shown anything major (just "minor" stuff like Homelink not working for my garage door, and I've just elected to use my old garage-door opener clipped to my sun visor instead).
Old 03-19-2019, 03:50 AM
azra
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

A new one, actually it might be an old one happening for a while but I've just noticed it.

The visual representation of air-flow coming out of the vents in the climate screen is opposite to what is actually happening.
e.g the screen would show the air coming out of the vent while the vent is completely shut and no air is coming out, once I press the vent on the screen to "de-activate" it, it actually now is allowing air to come out of the vent while the screen is showing the opposite.

it went back to normal after restarting the car, I've recorded a video to show it to my dealer.
Old 03-28-2019, 09:16 PM
bsklar
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

New Item to add. The Rear Hatch Door randomly will not close completely. They said that it is designed to do this when you leave key in car and press lock. Problem for me is that it does it when I have key on my person outside of car. Just got it back from Shop and they said they could not replicate and first time I tried it, I got the problem. See pic attached.
Old 03-29-2019, 10:26 AM
azra
Instructor

Originally Posted by bsklar
New Item to add. The Rear Hatch Door randomly will not close completely. They said that it is designed to do this when you leave key in car and press lock. Problem for me is that it does it when I have key on my person outside of car. Just got it back from Shop and they said they could not replicate and first time I tried it, I got the problem. See pic attached.

I know what you mean, this happens regularly when you are outside of the car, car is turned off, keyfob in your pocket, and try to close the rear hatch door with the close + LOCK button on the door itself; if you try it using the Close ONLY button on the hatch you should not get this problem.

Why is it acting like this I have no idea.
Old 03-29-2019, 12:14 PM
LSR
Burning Brakes

Received 311 Likes on 204 Posts

That is just so weird! These glitches seem to never end. But I just tried this with my 2019 base car and it works perfectly - stand behind the car with the key in pocket, push the hatch lock button, and the hatch closes and the car locks every time. I stood right behind the car within a foot or so of the hatch. Have you tried standing in different positions?
Old 04-03-2019, 06:30 AM
tornadosailor
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

time to time get this list of error messages when starting like PAS not activated, ACC not available, high beam assist not activated, etc. I think its not a software bug but generated by front camera when visibility is bad, could be just a small spot in this 1 inch x 1 inch window. Usually have it on a rainy days but only once when starting in a garage. Anybody have seen it with a proper cleaned front window and on a dry day?
Old 04-03-2019, 03:25 PM
JCWLS3
Burning Brakes

Received 367 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by tornadosailor
time to time get this list of error messages when starting like PAS not activated, ACC not available, high beam assist not activated, etc. I think its not a software bug but generated by front camera when visibility is bad, could be just a small spot in this 1 inch x 1 inch window. Usually have it on a rainy days but only once when starting in a garage. Anybody have seen it with a proper cleaned front window and on a dry day?
Yes. Our Turbo has been dry, fully clean and indoors (personal garage or parking garage) every time the errors have manifested.
Old 04-03-2019, 10:34 PM
Patek2301
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

I have the same exact errors. How do you get rid of your errors? When i restart it doesnt always go away.
Old 04-03-2019, 10:55 PM
vangoose
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by azra
I know what you mean, this happens regularly when you are outside of the car, car is turned off, keyfob in your pocket, and try to close the rear hatch door with the close + LOCK button on the door itself; if you try it using the Close ONLY button on the hatch you should not get this problem.

Why is it acting like this I have no idea.
Press the button hard until you hear doors are locked, it will close properly. Otherwise, it will stop like this. Took me a while to figure out, my wife keeps complaining to me on this.
Old 04-04-2019, 05:04 AM
azra
Instructor

Originally Posted by vangoose
Press the button hard until you hear doors are locked, it will close properly. Otherwise, it will stop like this. Took me a while to figure out, my wife keeps complaining to me on this.
That's a valuable piece of information, thank you! will try it out today.
Old 04-04-2019, 09:28 PM
JCWLS3
Burning Brakes

Received 367 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by Patek2301
I have the same exact errors. How do you get rid of your errors? When i restart it doesnt always go away.
I wish I had a good answer for you. A restart has cleared them for us every time. If yours are persistent, you may want to have your dealer run some diagnostics.

Sadly, if you have my luck, your Cayenne will behave itself during its entire stay with your service department, only to act up again on the drive home.
Old 04-04-2019, 10:05 PM
ufmike316
Advanced

Received 28 Likes on 6 Posts

They are working on an update for the issue of a restart fixes the problem. No known fox yet. Been working on it for months.
Mid it happens all the time, like mine did, I took it back in and they found an error code for a short in the front camera. My Navi was loosing its position, and none of my features that needed the camera (auto hi beam, adaptive cruise, etc) were working. They replaced the camera, and everything has been fine since.
Old 04-05-2019, 12:33 AM
LSR
Burning Brakes

Received 311 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by WCH BOS
I have noticed the diamond button issue when I set it by holding it down. If I use the screen to set, it is fine.

The PCM has forgotten all of my favorites (radio stations) once.
My experience is a bit different - my car’s PCM forgets the diamond button function no matter how it’s assigned - whether by holding the diamond button down, or setting it from the PCM. On the other hand, my car’s PCM hasn’t forgotten my radio stations yet. But it did once forget all of my Navigation favorites including my Home address. That was really frustrating.

Quick Reply: Glitches