Sponsored By:

Glitches

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2019, 09:45 PM
JCWLS3
Burning Brakes

Received 367 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by WCH BOS
The PCM has forgotten all of my favorites (radio stations) once.
Been there, done that.

Old 01-08-2019, 11:16 PM
adave
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have noticed a couple:

1. Reverse camera stays on screen despite putting it in drive and driving off forward.

2. Side mirrors don't lower during reversing even though that function is checked.

Anyone notice similar issues?
Old 01-08-2019, 11:46 PM
vangoose
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by adave
I have noticed a couple:

1. Reverse camera stays on screen despite putting it in drive and driving off forward.

2. Side mirrors don't lower during reversing even though that function is checked.

1. I think the speed needs to reach 15km/h to turn it off. If not, then there is problem.

2. Try to press left mirror button to see if it works.
Old 01-09-2019, 01:21 AM
LSR
Burning Brakes

Received 335 Likes on 218 Posts

Vangoose is correct - that’s how my car works. For #2, if the right mirror button is pressed (as if you wanted to manually adjust the right mirror), the mirror will not point down when in reverse.
Old 01-09-2019, 07:38 AM
porscherex
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

As to #2 my SA showed me how point the right mirror where you want it in reverse. I believe (but could be wrong) while in reverse adjust the right mirror then memorize it on the door buttons. It is easy just can't remember what he said. It's not a glitch.
Old 01-09-2019, 10:51 AM
bsklar
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1200 miles and Car is at Shop for first visit on some of the following list. An update is that my Service Tech indicated that the first two Recalls WJ60 and WJ75 were not pulling up in his computer as matching to my VIN. Anyone else having any information on these two would be appreciated.
  1. Recall WJ 60 to update PCM
  2. Recall WJ85 - Retrofit connecting plate on rear brake caliper
  3. Bluetooth drops to iPhone X often. Apple CarPlay and Phone USB works better than bluetooth
  4. PCM - a warning message appeared stating "PAS not activated service required." That warning is accompanied by another message "ACC not activated," and I cannot use my cruise control. Restart clears it but has happened 4 or 5 times
  5. Hard Acceleration Gurgle
  6. Reverse Gear sudden acceleration
  7. NAV/Map being able to put in Different State using regular NAV issue
  8. Haze when using wipers at Night after hard clean of windscreen
  9. Dirt under rear hatch (no seal)/ Dirt under side doors (same lack of seal issue)
  10. Black plastic trim seems to look like it is spotting (not uniform coloring)
  11. Rear Wiper assembly issue
  12. Condensation in Headlights and Taillights after rain or washing of car
Old 01-09-2019, 06:32 PM
fkim011
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by WCH BOS
I have noticed the diamond button issue when I set it by holding it down. If I use the screen to set, it is fine.

The PCM has forgotten all of my favorites (radio stations) once.
Are you using the custom drivers mode profile or did you turn it off? If you use the drivers mode profile it has a tendency to erase all person settings after exit like radio favs, nav history and favs etc.....
Old 01-09-2019, 06:34 PM
fkim011
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by adave
I have noticed a couple:

Might need to calibrate. When you reverse your car, you can manually lower your mirror using the electronic button on your door. Once you put it in drive, it will bring the mirror back up and will save the manual tilted position when you reverse.

Then you press save to whatever number you want.
Old 01-10-2019, 04:07 AM
azra
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Another one that happened a number of times:

I use Spotify through Bluetooth on my iPhone X, there are some cases ( cannot determine yet the sequence of steps to replicate it ) , where the song is running but there's no sound at all coming out of the speakers, and the volume level indicator is stuck on whatever level it was on and you cannot increase nor decrease the setting when trying to either through the volume wheel or the steering wheel buttons, no response from those buttons.

When this happens I'm also not able to answer a call through the steering wheel buttons.

disconnecting and reconnecting Bluetooth resolves this.

wondering if anyone else is facing this? I showed it to the dealership they didn't have any clue and asked to just try another application
Old 01-11-2019, 07:42 AM
ufmike316
Advanced

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

I also have several warnings related to the front facing camera (ACC, collision avoidance, headlight range control,etc). No software update yet. Very annoying as I get these every time I turn the car on. I also have condensation in the headlights and tail lights. They say they are a ventilated design, and this is normal.
Old 01-11-2019, 09:50 AM
LSR
Burning Brakes

I have had an instance of what you describe happen in my car, but only once and it happened while I was on a Sirius channel. Nothing I did got the audio back short of turning off the engine and starting up again. This happened only once so far.
Old 01-11-2019, 03:58 PM
JCWLS3
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ufmike316
I also have several warnings related to the front facing camera (ACC, collision avoidance, headlight range control,etc). No software update yet. Very annoying as I get these every time I turn the car on. I also have condensation in the headlights and tail lights. They say they are a ventilated design, and this is normal.
Same here on both. Can’t help you with the electronics, but I can make you feel better (maybe) on the condensation.

Heat is a killer for LEDs. It’s even mentioned in the Owner’s Manual not to apply clear bra / protective film to the headlights. Thus, taillights and headlights are vented well to evacuate heat.

Their oversize design and heavy venting is a perfect recipe for condensation. I do not believe it is a design flaw. Even the Macan Sport we drive as a loaner had significant headlight condensation along the bottom that evaporated quickly as things dried out.
Old 02-22-2019, 10:17 PM
LSR
Burning Brakes

Default PAS not activated.high beam assist not available errors

Originally Posted by bsklar
Will post pictures of the dirt issues when I get a chance. Important to stress not an interior penetration issue just onto the underlying facings. More sloppy design than anything else. All of the issues I listed have been reported in other places on this list serve by other new owners, I just put the list together in one place. Some of the other pics of the issues are below on the PCM warnings (#3) and condensation in lighting bars and headlights (#11)

My 2019 Cayenne just greeted me with "PAS not activated" and "high beam assist not available" error messages like happened to you. I bought the car 3 months ago and have 3100 miles on the odo, and the error just popped up for the first time. I'm wondering whether anyone's had these issues resolved yet? Is there any more information from any dealers about what's going on?
Old 02-23-2019, 02:57 AM
JCWLS3
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by LSR
My 2019 Cayenne just greeted me with "PAS not activated" and "high beam assist not available" error messages like happened to you. I bought the car 3 months ago and have 3100 miles on the odo, and the error just popped up for the first time. I'm wondering whether anyone's had these issues resolved yet? Is there any more information from any dealers about what's going on?
We've had those errors display at start up three times. They always clear after a shutdown and restart.

Our Turbo was in for service about a month ago to replace a poorly installed rear seal adjacent to the active rear spoiler. I asked them the run a full diagnostic on the electronics, which naturally came up empty. The service manager said he'd had reports of similar errors. He escalates them to PCNA each time, and said that he expects the next software / firmware revision to address them.

So for the time being, they are an annoyance, nothing more. You are not alone.
Old 02-23-2019, 11:46 AM
redyps
Rennlist Member

Received 313 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by JCWLS3

Same here on both. Can’t help you with the electronics, but I can make you feel better (maybe) on the condensation.

Heat is a killer for LEDs. It’s even mentioned in the Owner’s Manual not to apply clear bra / protective film to the headlights. Thus, taillights and headlights are vented well to evacuate heat.

Their oversize design and heavy venting is a perfect recipe for condensation. I do not believe it is a design flaw. Even the Macan Sport we drive as a loaner had significant headlight condensation along the bottom that evaporated quickly as things dried out.
Very interesting issue regarding the condensation in the lights. I have never heard of this before. By chance can you post of pic of the owner's manual page that states the PPF advice? Thanks in advance.

Quick Reply: Glitches