Sponsored By:

Glitches

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2019, 01:20 PM
Yang Chen
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PCM goes full red

This happened a couple of times, screen go full red and start/stop the car did not help. it recovers after car sit there for a while.
2019 cayenne base
Old 05-09-2019, 12:13 AM
vangoose
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Here is another problem. After this, camera view can not be switched off and PCM is hanging. Locked the car and after a few minutes PCM is off.
Old 05-15-2019, 05:17 AM
Yalbader
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just took the car to the dealer for service,

Theres a recall for new software update for pcm and a recall to reolace some holders in the exhaust.

Ive already replaced exhaust holders before they issued the recall since it cause vibration in my car, but apparently it turned out to be on all cars not just mine

Last edited by Yalbader; 05-15-2019 at 06:10 AM.
Old 05-15-2019, 06:01 AM
beefchopper
Racer

Received 97 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Yalbader
Just took the car to the dealer for service,

Theres a recall for new software update for pcm and a recall to reolace some holders in the exhaust.

Ive already replaced exhaust holders before they issued the recall since it cause vibration in my car, but apparently it turned out to be on all cars not just mine
I wouldn't be surprised if there were updates to the PCM most times you bring the car in the same way as there are frequent updates to any computer operating system.
Old 05-15-2019, 03:45 PM
LSR
Burning Brakes

Received 311 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by beefchopper
I wouldn't be surprised if there were updates to the PCM most times you bring the car in the same way as there are frequent updates to any computer operating system.
You’d think. But this is Porsche, not Tesla. I was just at my dealer last week and asked whether there were any software updates available for my base ‘19 Cayenne. They looked up my VIN and the answer was: no. But I sure could use a fix for all the PCM issues I’m having.
Old 05-21-2019, 02:43 PM
QQQ
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When I turn on the car and it adjusts all my settings under setting 1, I wait for everything to finish moving. I then push button 1 and it continues making adjustments to my seat. Anyone else experience this issue?
Old 05-21-2019, 04:07 PM
LSR
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by QQQ
When I turn on the car and it adjusts all my settings under setting 1, I wait for everything to finish moving. I then push button 1 and it continues making adjustments to my seat. Anyone else experience this issue?
Here’s my guess as to what’s happening. Your key automatically stores the last positions of your seat, mirror, steering wheel and more when you turn off the car and leave. If you happened to have moved your seat from position 1 before you left the car, when you return to the car your seat will return that last position - which will not be position 1. I’m guessing here not knowing more, but I think this is what may have happened.

Personally, I find this type of automatic operation an example of poor ergonomic design and to my knowledge it can’t be overridden or disabled. More than once I have lowered my driver’s mirror to park and when I returned to the car the mirror stayed there and did not return to the position of the settings button. I’ve searched for a way to turn the auto-store-in-key feature off, but to my knowledge there is none.
Old 05-21-2019, 04:23 PM
QQQ
Advanced

Thanks for your response, LSR. What you say does make sense, however, I might add that I keep hitting the Set button followed by 1 to hopefully overwrite the existing setting with my new one. For whatever reason it does seem to update and resolve the issue.

In regards to your lowering mirror, I recall with a bit of fuzziness, somewhere on the forum mentioning you want to adjust your mirror down manually when you are in reverse and it was either have the button lit up or not and then save your settings. Next go round it should lower your mirror when you reverse and then revert back when you go into drive. Let us know if that addresses your issue.
Old 05-21-2019, 04:34 PM
LSR
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by QQQ
Thanks for your response, LSR. What you say does make sense, however, I might add that I keep hitting the Set button followed by 1 to hopefully overwrite the existing setting with my new one. For whatever reason it does seem to update and resolve the issue.

In regards to your lowering mirror, I recall with a bit of fuzziness, somewhere on the forum mentioning you want to adjust your mirror down manually when you are in reverse and it was either have the button lit up or not and then save your settings. Next go round it should lower your mirror when you reverse and then revert back when you go into drive. Let us know if that addresses your issue.
About the mirror - what you say applies, I believe, only to the passenger side mirror. The user manual says only the passenger side mirror adjusts down on reverse, and that’s been my experience. If automatic down tilting of the driver side mirror upon reverse is possible, I’d surely like to know how to do that!
Old 07-22-2019, 06:17 PM
PorscheACC
Burning Brakes

Received 337 Likes on 248 Posts

Originally Posted by redbaron01
I have noticed of late 2 issues : First being, Hatch closure on me, while adjusting the rear cargo mat, (for fit with CGO loading systm) . Second one
was weird; H/up display randomly drops the pre-set height position .. Its frustrating as its not a constant problem ,, Apart from some minor PCM quirks,
some of which maybe user driven, Its a great ride ...

Build date Jan07 .
Are you sure you did not do the kick around the towing area and close the hatch? I don't know if all Cayenne S have the package, but if I do a small kick on the left side of the towing assembly, it will open and or close the hatch door.. like many other vehicles brands have already..

It comes very handy when you come with groceries and want to open the hatch with your hands full. Just a small kick on the left side, and it opens.. or another kick to close it when you are unpacking the hatch and have your hands full..
Old 07-30-2019, 09:33 AM
urbanski
Instructor

my only glitch is i can't get the weather radar to display.
Old 08-05-2019, 02:35 AM
JoBri17
1st Gear

Default ECU

Hi All We purchased our very first Porsche, third generation Cayenne S with approx 25k of options September 2018. The car was fine until we took into the dealership for first recall notice regarding brake pad wear warning light (April 2019).
Two trips for diagnostics and glitches as mentioned. ( Random PCM messages, door sill , creaking driver's door, squeaking brakes) When attempting to upgrade the system the technician inadvertently damaged the ECU so all warning lights came on and car could not be driven. A new ECU had to be manufactured in Germany. Six weeks later our car is returned to us. It is not the same car as it is lagging in gear transition, the air suspension is faulty, the petrol release cap is faulty, and front collision warning system flashes when driving on a clear road with no visible obstructions. We are seriously thinking of cutting our losses and selling the car.
Old 08-05-2019, 03:04 AM
PorscheAMG
Track Day

Originally Posted by JoBri17
Hi All We purchased our very first Porsche, third generation Cayenne S with approx 25k of options September 2018. The car was fine until we took into the dealership for first recall notice regarding brake pad wear warning light (April 2019).
Two trips for diagnostics and glitches as mentioned. ( Random PCM messages, door sill , creaking driver's door, squeaking brakes) When attempting to upgrade the system the technician inadvertently damaged the ECU so all warning lights came on and car could not be driven. A new ECU had to be manufactured in Germany. Six weeks later our car is returned to us. It is not the same car as it is lagging in gear transition, the air suspension is faulty, the petrol release cap is faulty, and front collision warning system flashes when driving on a clear road with no visible obstructions. We are seriously thinking of cutting our losses and selling the car.
Definitely take that up with the Porsche dealership/headquarters. Sounds like you were sold a lemon and service error ruined the car.
Old 08-22-2019, 09:29 PM
Amaru
AutoX

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi all -- new member here, and also first-time Porsche owner. Took delivery of my 2019 Cayenne S (with ~$30k CDN in optional equipment) on 30 July 2019. Build date was in mid-June of 2019.

After 3 weeks of ownership (2000km driven), I've got 3 issues so far (all of which don't seem to have been mentioned yet in this thread as far as I can tell)...
  1. Upon every startup, I've been getting an "Emergency Call Function Error - Inspection Necessary" error message in the gauge cluster. When I hit the back button on the steering wheel, it clears the large warning error message, leaving only a small "SOS" icon in the cluster. I am assuming this will be a quick fix, and it's just a minor nuisance.
  2. Annoying "squeak-squeak-squeak" noise that appears to be coming from outside the car (when moving)... sounds like it's from the rear axle. It happens intermittently, but is quite loud outside the vehicle. Applying any amount of brake pressure (Surface Coated) makes the squeaking stop. Anyone had this issue?
  3. Annoying squeaking sound inside the cabin (somewhere in the rear, possibly the tailgate) when going over bumps. No idea what could be causing this.... anyone experienced a similar squeaking noise from the rear of the cabin that only occurs when driving over bumpy surfaces?

Hoping this will be the extent of my problems... not thrilled about all these issues as a first-time Porsche owner, since my previous vehicle (2016 BMW M4) had literally 0 problems whatsoever in 40,000km of driving.

EDIT: Sounds like the 2nd item mentioned above (intermittent squeaking outside the car when no brake pressure is applied to the PCSB brakes) is actually very common and does not yet have any fix from Porsche... ugh
Old 08-23-2019, 02:01 PM
Hmet
Instructor

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Seats

I get a random adjustment of the seat settings. normally it occurs shortly (but not after a fixed time) after the trip starts.
Sometimes it doesn't happen during a trip. But if it does its normally within the first ten to fifteen minutes and not at any particular speed.
The seat side bolsters readjust to my setting making the seat tighter.
Cayanne Turbo feb 2019 delivery. Software updated once.

Quick Reply: Glitches