Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Glitches

Old 12-26-2018, 10:54 AM
framo49
Cruisin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Glitches

On two occasions when I started my base Cayenne, a warning message appeared stating "PAS not activated service required." That warning is accompanied by another message "ACC not activated," and I cannot use my cruise control. These messages have disappeared when I restarted the vehicle. Also my fuel cap has stopped clicking and will need to be replaced. Has anyone else had these issues or know what might be causing the warning messages?
The following users liked this post:
abokor (04-02-2022)
Old 12-27-2018, 10:25 AM
framo49
Cruisin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by framo49
On two occasions when I started my base Cayenne, a warning message appeared stating "PAS not activated service required." That warning is accompanied by another message "ACC not activated," and I cannot use my cruise control. These messages have disappeared when I restarted the vehicle. Also my fuel cap has stopped clicking and will need to be replaced. Has anyone else had these issues or know what might be causing the warning messages?
The dealer showed me a notice from Porsche that the PAS/ACC issue is known by them and that it is a software issue for which they have no solution yet. A diagnostic check at the dealer showed no problems and that all of my software was up to date. The worst case scenario is that the ACC may not work, and the automatic collision avoidance system may not work. Not very reassuring for an upscale vehicle. The fuel cap self corrected.
The following users liked this post:
Dr. G7 (01-24-2021)
Old 12-27-2018, 10:26 AM
dbwalsh
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry, but I suspect these will be easily resolved with a service call.
I like your thread. With the new Cayenne models beginning to arrive in larger numbers this would be a great place to keep track of issues. As the cars become more and more "electronic" I would expect to see lots of electronic bugs like the one you described. Meticulous "hands-on" Quality Control is great for the physical issues but struggles seeing bugs in software.
Thanks for your post!
Old 12-27-2018, 10:37 PM
vangoose
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

My fuel cap takes a few clicks to close as well.
I've seen twice PAC disabled due to dirty sensor error, but restarting the car solves it.
After my wife uses her key and adjusts seating positions, when I enter the car with my key fob, the seats not restored to my memory position automatically, I have to press the memory key.
When I go over bumps, sometime the front wiper or front screen fan will be engaged.

These are minor issues and most of them can be easily fixed or updated with software.
Old 12-28-2018, 03:13 PM
bsklar
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Black Base with most options and 21 inch wheels. 5 weeks and 750 miles and now have a number of issues to add to the running list.

1.Recall WJ60 to update PCM
  1. Recall WJ85 - Retrofit connecting plate on rear brake caliper
  2. Bluetooth drops to iPhone X often. Apple CarPlay and Phone USB works better than bluetooth
  3. PCM - a warning message appeared stating "PAS not activated service required." That warning is accompanied by another message "ACC not activated," and I cannot use my cruise control. Restart clears it but has happened 4 or 5 times
  4. Hard Acceleration Gurgle
  5. Reverse Gear sudden acceleration
  6. NAV/Map being able to put in Different State using regular NAV issue
  7. Haze when using wipers at Night after hard clean of windscreen
  8. Dirt under rear hatch (no seal)/ Dirt under side doors (same lack of seal issue)
  9. Black plastic trim seems to look like it is spotting (not uniform coloring)
  10. Rear Wiper assembly issue
  11. Condensation in Headlights and Taillights after rain or washing of car
Old 12-28-2018, 05:56 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,139 Likes on 560 Posts

Originally Posted by bsklar
  1. Dirt under rear hatch (no seal)/ Dirt under side doors (same lack of seal issue)
Looks like a lot of issues. Hope they fix all of the issues shortly. Is the lack of seal issue specific to your car or a design flaw? I mean, if the seal not designed to be there at all or is it just not working as supposed on your car? The previous gen cayenne had very good seals.
Old 12-28-2018, 06:06 PM
bsklar
Track Day

Will post pictures of the dirt issues when I get a chance. Important to stress not an interior penetration issue just onto the underlying facings. More sloppy design than anything else. All of the issues I listed have been reported in other places on this list serve by other new owners, I just put the list together in one place. Some of the other pics of the issues are below on the PCM warnings (#3) and condensation in lighting bars and headlights (#11)

Old 12-28-2018, 08:16 PM
WCH BOS
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Our Macan has dirt on the sills at the bottom. Never gets into the vehicle but does need to be wiped down to look tidy.
Old 12-29-2018, 01:39 AM
Sobrut911
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 32 Posts

Do the recalls apply to all 2019 base Cayennes? I have not received any recall notices. If you want to get rid of the haze which is usually caused by road grime, wiper residue or automatic car wash, I recommend Diamond Fast Powder which is a very mild glass polish. It also removes mild scratches. It’s very easy to use. You spray a little water on the windshield and then put some of the polish powder on a damp sponge or microfiber towel and apply it to the windshield to creat a slurry. Wipe it off with paper towels and then some windex. I use it on all of my cars every 4 months. You will be amazed at the clarity of the glass. It’s about $20 for 10 ounce jar that should last for many years. The phone # is 800-441-4527 www.gtglass.com
Old 12-30-2018, 02:24 PM
bsklar
Track Day

Images regarding #8

Old 01-03-2019, 03:02 PM
Danac123
5th Gear

I was just told by my dealer in Colorado that the condensation is common on the new LED lights because they cannot be completely air tight to function properly.
Old 01-03-2019, 06:18 PM
azra
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Interesting thread.

I'd like to add one which is assignment of the diamond button sometimes gets reset to nothing.
another related issue is that there are cases where the diamond button is working as it should, but when checking the settings menu it is showing that the button is not yet assigned.

Old 01-03-2019, 09:27 PM
Turboace
Intermediate

Default Got this warning today

Just driving along and this popped up. And again after a restart.
Old 01-07-2019, 11:45 AM
LSR
Burning Brakes

Received 310 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by azra
Interesting thread.

I'd like to add one which is assignment of the diamond button sometimes gets reset to nothing.
another related issue is that there are cases where the diamond button is working as it should, but when checking the settings menu it is showing that the button is not yet assigned.
I've been told by my dealer that the displayed resetting of the assignment of the diamond button you describe is "normal" - in quotes because while what you describe doesn't logically seem like the way things should work, this is how the cars work. The PCM display in my car also "forgets" the assigned function of the diamond button, even though the diamond button still actually performs the function as it was assigned. When my car was in for service recently, I told service about this and several other PCM bugs I had discovered, and service told me this is how all the cars work. And indeed, I did sit in other 2019s on my dealer's lot and all the cars worked this way.
Old 01-07-2019, 06:52 PM
WCH BOS
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I have noticed the diamond button issue when I set it by holding it down. If I use the screen to set, it is fine.

The PCM has forgotten all of my favorites (radio stations) once.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Glitches