Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2024 | 09:12 PM
Roman ACS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Cayenne958Hybrid

Google Maps

It also has split screen so you can run 2 apps at once and you can change the wallpaper

The CarPlay and Android Auto features are the same for both brands as the actual CarPlay and Android auto comes from your phone and not the isudar / mr12volt hardware.

Your photos are also off apple CarPlay and mine are of android so, they will be different. Our CarPlay looks the same as yours...

Really unsure what isudar equaliser can offer when the audio is neutered by converting the digital signal analog and then to digital vs the mr12volt complete factory fiber optic audio connection.

All of this has been discussed and proven numerous times...

Last edited by Roman ACS; 09-25-2024 at 07:32 AM.
Old 09-25-2024 | 06:33 AM
PhineasFlynn
Intermediate

I have had both and the way Mr12Volt uses the tv input is way better than Isudar. I did not like how long it took for Isudar to start up and be available. They have maybe changed something in a year or so, but the interface is better on the Mr12Volt.
Old 10-06-2024 | 11:34 PM
shashankmittal
Track Day

Originally Posted by shashankmittal
1. I unpaired PCM from the phone and removed the phone from PCM as well. All incoming and outgoing calls could be made through the car speakers (SUCCESS) via mr12volt, but the steering buttons stopped working (FAIL).
2. ⁠Unpaired both PCM and Mr12volt in phone, removed the phone from PCM, also in P2000>Bluetooth deleted the phone. Paired again with mr12volt first and then with PCM. Problem came back (FAIL).

Further testing:
While connected to Android Auto, if I turn off the "Phone calls" for mr12volt in the phone, everything works as expected. Outgoing calls work are handled by PCM and car speakers. Steering buttons continue to work. (SUCCESS)
However, the next time when the ignition is turned on, mr12volt doesn't establish the bluetooth connection with the phone automatically. Android Auto doesn't work and shows "bluetooth connection couldn't be established" error. To fix this, "Phone calls" setting had to be turned back on, which brings up the original problem (FAIL).

IMHO, pairing the phone with PCM should not be a requirement for steering buttons to work. However, since this is a requirement, mr12volt should have the ability to connect to the phone's bluetooth with the "phone call" setting turned off and let PCM handle both incoming and outgoing calls. @Roman ACS Is there a fix for this?
Originally Posted by don16
I also have this same issue..
After waiting for weeks to get a response from mr12volt customer service, I finally received an answer from them. This is verbatim - "we always encourage users to only pair with Mr12volt, we know this will disable the steering wheel call button but this is the most stable way for the Bluetooth connection to function."

So basically they do not have a solution to this defect and their response indicates that they are possibly aware of this issue.
Old 10-07-2024 | 08:19 AM
Roman ACS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by shashankmittal
After waiting for weeks to get a response from mr12volt customer service, I finally received an answer from them. This is verbatim - "we always encourage users to only pair with Mr12volt, we know this will disable the steering wheel call button but this is the most stable way for the Bluetooth connection to function."

So basically they do not have a solution to this defect and their response indicates that they are possibly aware of this issue.
I apologize about the delay in someone reaching out. I know Mr12volt was short staffed and then closed for a holiday for the past week, so that accounts for the delay, which is unusual.

I know firmware is constantly changing. Different phones, and features, and software can make any aftermarket hardware a challenge. This is not me saying "deal with it". This is me saying we are constantly working on new solutions of issues that crop up.

Last edited by Roman ACS; 10-07-2024 at 11:52 AM.
Old 10-07-2024 | 11:05 AM
Jump_Ace
Cruisin'

Mr12Volt said he only had an suv and not a 911 so was unsure when I asked if the Siri button on the stalk would still function post install. I for one will hold off on buying this one and look into others like Joyeauto and see if they have Siri support. It seems to me that they don’t want to admit the truth here as it’d hurt sales.

Jerome
Old 10-17-2024 | 02:07 PM
Kujo_100
1st Gear

I have the exact same issue to the letter that @shashankmittal described. Very frustrating experience.

Last edited by Kujo_100; 10-17-2024 at 02:10 PM. Reason: left out the name of the user I wanted to quote
Old 10-17-2024 | 02:56 PM
shashankmittal
Track Day

Originally Posted by Kujo_100
I have the exact same issue to the letter that @shashankmittal described. Very frustrating experience.
1. Outgoing calls work without issues if the phone isn't paired with PCM - however, steering controls don't work.
2. When phone is paired with mr12volt and PCM, the outgoing calls behave differently with different phones -
a. Google Pixel 8 Pro - No sound from car speakers.
b. iPhone12 and 14 - No issue.
c. Samsung Galaxy Flip 6 (brand new) - intermittent issue. 2 out of 10 times, there is no audio from the car speakers.
3. The behavior is same whether the call is made from the phone, Android Auto or steering buttons.
4. Incoming calls do not ever have an issue.

Here is the bluetooth behavior during outgoing calls when paired with both mr12volt and PCM -
1. The call starts with mr12volt shown as the active bluetooth device on the phone screen.
2. Within a 2-3 seconds, the active bluetooth device on the call screen changes to PCM automatically.
a. After (2) happens, the audio can be heard from the car speakers.
b. When (2) does not happen, there is no audio from the car speakers and the active blueooth device continues to show as mr12volt.

This is certainly a firmware issue with mr12volt, but the fact that the company recommends not pairing with PCM, then its a bigger issue as the steering controls do not work and that's contrary to what is being advertised.

Last edited by shashankmittal; 10-17-2024 at 03:12 PM.
Old Yesterday | 10:10 PM
ElSpoon958
Racer

Default Frozen and Disconnects

I've had my Mr12Volt for maybe 2 months now. I couldn't be happier with it as the better of the options out there for this retrofit Car Play / Android Auto setup. Mostly especially because of the MOST audio capabilities. I still haven't dialed in the best sound settings, but it's good to know it's there!

My only frustration is that my unit and setup is just not very reliable or responsive sometimes. Actually, mostly all the time with regard to navigation via like Waze or Google Maps. It's super delayed, doesn't sync, takes a lonnnng time to actually figure out GPS signal, and sometimes just straight up freezes and disconnects. I have to power cycle the vehicle and sometimes my phone. This happens on wireless Android Auto and wired, it doesn't matter. I can live with the touchscreen input sucking due to the fact that it was never designed to have the kind of touch input sensitivity like vehicles that come stock with Android Auto, but I can't live with this ridiculously crappy connection experience. Many times, I can't use my GPS whatsoever and have to resort to just using Google Maps on my phone to get where I'm going until or unless the GPS decides to sync up and play nice.

Not sure if it's just my phone (Pixel 7 Pro) or the Android Auto connection experience in general. I haven't tested the responsiveness or connection consistency with an iPhone for example. Just frustrating. I have heard mixed reviews about Android Auto having intermittent connection issues and/or could be my phone too.
Old Yesterday | 10:25 PM
Roman ACS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by ElSpoon958
I've had my Mr12Volt for maybe 2 months now. I couldn't be happier with it as the better of the options out there for this retrofit Car Play / Android Auto setup. Mostly especially because of the MOST audio capabilities. I still haven't dialed in the best sound settings, but it's good to know it's there!

My only frustration is that my unit and setup is just not very reliable or responsive sometimes. Actually, mostly all the time with regard to navigation via like Waze or Google Maps. It's super delayed, doesn't sync, takes a lonnnng time to actually figure out GPS signal, and sometimes just straight up freezes and disconnects. I have to power cycle the vehicle and sometimes my phone. This happens on wireless Android Auto and wired, it doesn't matter. I can live with the touchscreen input sucking due to the fact that it was never designed to have the kind of touch input sensitivity like vehicles that come stock with Android Auto, but I can't live with this ridiculously crappy connection experience. Many times, I can't use my GPS whatsoever and have to resort to just using Google Maps on my phone to get where I'm going until or unless the GPS decides to sync up and play nice.

Not sure if it's just my phone (Pixel 7 Pro) or the Android Auto connection experience in general. I haven't tested the responsiveness or connection consistency with an iPhone for example. Just frustrating. I have heard mixed reviews about Android Auto having intermittent connection issues and/or could be my phone too.
Try with a friend's phone to see if that's the issue. I'm using a S24 ultra and it's very smooth.

Our website is now LIVE! please visit us at www.ACSByRoman.com

FREE INSTALL KIT AND CAR CHARGER WHILE SUPPLIES LAST!

On site install is available in the Philadelphia PA area as is Global shipping!

CLICK HERE JOIN OUR FACEBOOK GROUP
Old Today | 06:36 AM
PhineasFlynn
Intermediate

Extremely stable for me, however I have only an iphone. Compared to the Isudar, Mr12volt was more stable as well.

Quick Reply: Mr12Volt - The solution for Carplay and Android Auto integration