Old 12-06-2022, 11:57 PM
Roman ACS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 111 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Shadows89
Darn. That's unfortunate...
Is this the most current version for PCM 3.1?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYrmk5pRL-k

It looks like there's a mic. What's that for?
The additional mic, which gets tucked away, is only used for siri or Google. I have placed them under a vent or under the steering wheel where it's not seen and they work great.

All calls are still routed through your factory Bluetooth and factory mic.

There is a mod some users have found to use the factory mic for both but we don't set this up on our end.
Old 12-07-2022, 10:59 AM
CWCTT
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

After reading the Macan thread, this updates through a MicroSD card. Where would you place it for easy access? I'm interested as you are only 1.5 hours away from where I live.
Old 12-07-2022, 11:01 AM
Roman ACS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by CWCTT
After reading the Macan thread, this updates through a MicroSD card. Where would you place it for easy access? I'm interested as you are only 1.5 hours away from where I live.
For the Cayenne I install the external component just about the passenger side footwell kick panel.
Old 12-08-2022, 05:07 PM
Nugget
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Can this be installed in a Cayenne that has the Burmester stereo option?
Old 12-08-2022, 09:09 PM
Roman ACS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Nugget
Can this be installed in a Cayenne that has the Burmester stereo option?
Yes, this was designed to work with the Burmester!
Old 01-12-2023, 05:31 PM
Nugget
Rennlist Member

I just installed one of these in my 2015 Cayenne, took me about 2 hours total with a few calls to Roman for guidance. If I had to do it again I think I could knock it out in well under an hour.

Great product, great support, definitely would buy again.
Attached Images   
The following users liked this post:
Monetizer (03-12-2023)
Old 01-12-2023, 05:33 PM
twodollardoug
Three Wheelin'

Received 344 Likes on 240 Posts

I just installed one of these in my 2015 Cayenne, took me about 2 hours total with a few calls to Roman for guidance. If I had to do it again I think I could knock it out in well under an hour.

Great product, great support, definitely would buy again.
Do you have any install tips you can share with us?
Old 01-12-2023, 11:32 PM
volcanogts
Rennlist Member

Received 58 Likes on 44 Posts

Got mine and installed about a week ago. Very simple install, working great so far. Just remember to unpair bluetooth so they don’t fight each other. I was having issues with audio not working but carplay was on the screen and then found out from another member that that was the cause. I ended up shutting the Bluetooth off on my pcm by clicking phone then options.
Old 01-14-2023, 07:31 PM
Whitegalaxie
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 42 Posts

I have a general question regarding the Mr12volt system. How is the streaming via Bluetooth sound quality? When I stream through the built in Bose Bluetooth on the PCM 3.1, the sound quality is mediocre at best even with MQA music files. I know there are limitations while streaming via Bluetooth but I am hoping the Mr12volt system does a better job. Any one that has done the install, I would love to hear your feedback.
‘Thanks
Old 01-20-2023, 02:07 PM
Nugget
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by twodollardoug
Do you have any install tips you can share with us?
When it's time to remove the lid from the factory head unit there are two little tabs not mentioned in the mr12volt install video. It took me some fumbling to find them before I could get the lid to slide off as described and for a while I thought I must be comically weak because in the video it looks like the lid just slides off with a little bit of pressure. See the scribbled orange arrows on the attached photo for their location. Once I flipped the two little tabs, the radio opened up exactly like expected.

It's been a week now and I can honestly say that this upgrade saved me $100k easily. The aging radio and lack of Carplay has been my only complaint with my 2015 Cayenne Diesel. I still love how it drives and tows and the extra money spent on the Burmester and natural leather have really been a joy the past 8 years. Now that we've got Carplay and frustration-free music listening I can easily see keeping this truck another decade.

For anyone in Central Texas I'd be happy to assist you with your install at my garage in the hill country near Canyon Lake.

Thanks again, Roman! Highly recommend this upgrade.
Attached Images  

Last edited by Nugget; 01-20-2023 at 02:13 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by Nugget:
GTCharlie (01-20-2023), Monetizer (03-12-2023), TXCOMT (03-09-2023), YaNi (04-05-2024)
Old 01-20-2023, 02:09 PM
twodollardoug
Three Wheelin'

Received 344 Likes on 240 Posts

Great, thanks. I think I'm gonna pull the trigger on this.
Old 01-20-2023, 02:10 PM
Roman ACS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Whitegalaxie
I have a general question regarding the Mr12volt system. How is the streaming via Bluetooth sound quality? When I stream through the built in Bose Bluetooth on the PCM 3.1, the sound quality is mediocre at best even with MQA music files. I know there are limitations while streaming via Bluetooth but I am hoping the Mr12volt system does a better job. Any one that has done the install, I would love to hear your feedback.
‘Thanks
My personal opinion is that the sound quality is better. If you local come get a listen on my personal vehicle. I've never had a customer turn down a unit after a first hand experience.

Our website is now LIVE! please visit us at www.ACSByRoman.com

COUPON CODE "toys" FOR FREE INSTALL KIT!

On site install is available in the Philadelphia PA area as is Global shipping!

CLICK HERE JOIN OUR FACEBOOK GROUP
Old 01-20-2023, 02:11 PM
Roman ACS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

When it's time to remove the lid from the factory head unit there are two little tabs not mentioned in the mr12volt install video. It took me some fumbling to find them before I could get the lid to slide off as described and for a while I thought I must be comically weak because in the video it looks like the lid just slides off with a little bit of pressure. See the scribbled orange arrows on the attached photo for their location. Once I flipped the two little tabs, the radio opened up exactly like expected.

It's been a week now and I can honestly say that this upgrade saved me $100k easily. The aging radio and lack of Carplay has been my only complaint with my 2015 Cayenne Diesel. I still love how it drives and tows and the extra money spent on the Burmester and natural leather have really been a joy the past 8 years. Now that we've got Carplay and frustration-free music listening I can easily see keeping this truck another decade.

Thanks again, Roman! Highly recommend this upgrade.
Super stoked to hear your enjoying your unit!
Old 01-21-2023, 12:05 PM
NN.
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Roman ACS
The additional mic, which gets tucked away, is only used for siri or Google. I have placed them under a vent or under the steering wheel where it's not seen and they work great.

All calls are still routed through your factory Bluetooth and factory mic.

There is a mod some users have found to use the factory mic for both but we don't set this up on our end.
Is there a reason why you don't recommend the mod to use of the factory mic?
Old 01-21-2023, 12:12 PM
Roman ACS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by NN.
Is there a reason why you don't recommend the mod to use of the factory mic?
It's not that I don't recommend it, it's that's no one asks for it. I've personally never seen a point. The included mic is discrete enough that the extra time involved has not been deemed worth the effort. If Someone really wants it, I'll charge additional on the install and do it.

-Roman

Quick Reply: Mr12Volt - The solution for Carplay and Android Auto integration