Sponsored By:

CD owners please chime in

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2020, 07:58 AM
hotrod2448
Pro

Received 111 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by 911-997
Thats exactly my thoughts. VW should be honoring any issues related to dieselgates but now I feel they are trying to make excuses to not fix issues and pass it to you. When I dropped my car for CEL, I was under the impression that I wont be paying a penny but then I got this bill.

Now this will make me think twice before dropping it to the dealership if another CEL comes again.
This is where I'm at as well. It makes you feel that the warranty is pretty much worthless if they aren't going to honor it without also "finding" something or some reason to bill you every time you bring it in. Very off putting.
Old 08-20-2020, 08:36 AM
Sudar
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Supposed to call me today, 48 hours that they have is running out. I am usually very easy to deal with, but reseting ECU and sending customers home is just wrong.
Old 08-20-2020, 02:39 PM
skiahh
Rennlist Member

Received 131 Likes on 95 Posts

First thing you need to do is require they put - IN WRITING! - why the filter was defective and caused the problem and thus not a warranty claim. Then let them know you hope they have the filter in their possession, still, because it will be needed in your Magnusson-Moss warranty act claim you will be pursuing.

You can also remind them that if they require specific parts you must obtain from the dealer to preserve warranty, they are required to provide those parts at no charge.

They'd have a better claim if they said you didn't reinstall the top of the filter housing properly, causing the code.

Or just that you got a bad load of fuel and simply needed a new filter, though they'd need your permission to do the work after providing you a written estimate. I think all states have this law, though they'd all vary to some degree. Check with your state consumer agency for any limits there.

And if push really comes to shove, find an attorney. for the $400 they want, a letter from an attorney putting them on notice you're not taking their crap could pay big dividends down the road.

Blaming an aftermarket part without solid reasoning is why dealerships get the name stealerships.

Last edited by skiahh; 08-20-2020 at 02:42 PM.
Old 08-20-2020, 05:15 PM
Sudar
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Sudar
Supposed to call me today, 48 hours that they have is running out. I am usually very easy to deal with, but reseting ECU and sending customers home is just wrong.
Day 3 now. No one is calling and Porsche of America not returning my calls so far

If i will be picking up unfixed car, I will ask them in writing to state that code came up, car wasn't fixed, and check engine light was reset. I wonder if they can do that....

Last edited by Sudar; 08-20-2020 at 05:16 PM.
Old 08-21-2020, 02:04 AM
Leadfoot_mf
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Sounds kinda similar to my story. Dealer did an unauthorized oil change on my car and tried to charge me 330 for it. Kept sending me invoices after service advisor said it was taken care of. 2 months of getting repeated invoices service advisor said he took care of it out of pocket lol sure you did buddy. Still got another invoice after that phone call. Glad my town has 2 dealerships i won't be back to that one side note they had my car 3 different times and never fixed it. Now i go to the other dealership.
Old 08-21-2020, 10:50 AM
lightemup67
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by skiahh
First thing you need to do is require they put - IN WRITING! - why the filter was defective and caused the problem and thus not a warranty claim. Then let them know you hope they have the filter in their possession, still, because it will be needed in your Magnusson-Moss warranty act claim you will be pursuing.

You can also remind them that if they require specific parts you must obtain from the dealer to preserve warranty, they are required to provide those parts at no charge.

They'd have a better claim if they said you didn't reinstall the top of the filter housing properly, causing the code.

Or just that you got a bad load of fuel and simply needed a new filter, though they'd need your permission to do the work after providing you a written estimate. I think all states have this law, though they'd all vary to some degree. Check with your state consumer agency for any limits there.

And if push really comes to shove, find an attorney. for the $400 they want, a letter from an attorney putting them on notice you're not taking their crap could pay big dividends down the road.

Blaming an aftermarket part without solid reasoning is why dealerships get the name stealerships.
This is excellent advice. Will remember this for my next run-in with the dealer.
Old 08-21-2020, 02:33 PM
911-997
Burning Brakes

Received 84 Likes on 67 Posts

Just an update for whoever undergo same situation.

I informed this is unauthorized change and the filter is actually maid by MANN which is same supplier for Porsche. I asked them for old filter they couldn't give that to me.

Talked to service manager, they agreed to waive the cost of labor but still charge me for fuel filter which was little over $100 (ridiculous as I could have gotten in from Suncoast parts for $60).

I ended up paying that amount and I told them I could go complain about this to consumer affairs. I didn't want t keep arguing with them as unfortunately they are the only dealer in my area and I don't want want to have bad relationship with them incase I had to go again for warranty work

Thanks for the advises I got from all as it helped alot. Thanks to this forum.
Old 08-21-2020, 02:56 PM
yetti96
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Just an update for whoever undergo same situation.

I informed this is unauthorized change and the filter is actually maid by MANN which is same supplier for Porsche. I asked them for old filter they couldn't give that to me.

Talked to service manager, they agreed to waive the cost of labor but still charge me for fuel filter which was little over $100 (ridiculous as I could have gotten in from Suncoast parts for $60).

I ended up paying that amount and I told them I could go complain about this to consumer affairs. I didn't want t keep arguing with them as unfortunately they are the only dealer in my area and I don't want want to have bad relationship with them incase I had to go again for warranty work

Thanks for the advises I got from all as it helped alot. Thanks to this forum.
Sounds like you took the high road but didn't just lay down and take it. I probably would have done the same to save the relationship, but they need to know what BS that is.

Part of me wants the car to be right and fixed for you, the other part of me wants the issue to pop back up so that they can at least apologize and maybe refund the filter cost to you and fix the possible real issue.
Old 08-21-2020, 06:17 PM
Sudar
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Sudar
Day 3 now. No one is calling and Porsche of America not returning my calls so far

If i will be picking up unfixed car, I will ask them in writing to state that code came up, car wasn't fixed, and check engine light was reset. I wonder if they can do that....
Nothing here lol. Porsche of America not returning calls, dealer is silent too. Just called PoA, got 2nd rep on the case, now have to wait till Tuesday for call back.
Old 08-21-2020, 06:39 PM
RomSL
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The filter is probably not the cause of the CEL, just wait, it should go off soon once again. I would take it back to the dealer and request the refund.
Old 08-21-2020, 07:10 PM
911-997
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by yetti96
Sounds like you took the high road but didn't just lay down and take it. I probably would have done the same to save the relationship, but they need to know what BS that is.

Part of me wants the car to be right and fixed for you, the other part of me wants the issue to pop back up so that they can at least apologize and maybe refund the filter cost to you and fix the possible real issue.
Trust me, I would love the CEL to comeback as soon as possible just to prove to stealership that filter is not thr issue. I don’t care if this will cause more delay in fixing my problem.
Old 08-21-2020, 10:53 PM
Doubled33
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure what state you are in but...

when your ticket was written that you signed was there a W or a C to the left of your item description?

All tickets should be written as a C for customer pay. When the item is diagnosed and they deem it warranty the the C is changed to W on your ticket.

This protects the dealership against issues such as these.

HOWEVER....Most service writers write it up as W when the mileage is within warranty as They are correct most of the time and it takes a step away from their job.

So if you have a W on your ticket take it to the limit with your argument.

You also should have signed something giving a maximum you are liable for without authorization. So the 400 may really be 125 or so since the service writer did not do their job and authorize the repair.
Old 08-29-2020, 07:35 PM
911-997
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by RomSL
The filter is probably not the cause of the CEL, just wait, it should go off soon once again. I would take it back to the dealer and request the refund.
CEL is back again with SAME CODE.

Fight is back ON. I am going to request them issue full refund due to misdiagnosis.

Doe anyone know who I should contact to fight this dealership and repair it under warranty instead of changing non fault parts and charge me with it?

Old 08-29-2020, 11:17 PM
Leadfoot_mf
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Also get a loaner car if you didn't before.
Old 08-30-2020, 05:21 PM
hotrod2448
Pro

Received 111 Likes on 85 Posts

CEL is back again with SAME CODE.

Fight is back ON. I am going to request them issue full refund due to misdiagnosis.

Doe anyone know who I should contact to fight this dealership and repair it under warranty instead of changing non fault parts and charge me with it?
I’d start with the service manager and politely refresh his memory of the situation. Depending on the tone of his response to that conversation I’d be ready to escalate things to Porsche NA but, hopeful it doesn’t come to that and the dealership does the right thing this time around.

Last edited by hotrod2448; 08-31-2020 at 05:40 PM.

Quick Reply: CD owners please chime in