Sponsored By:

PCM 3.1 stuck in emergency update loop

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2024, 01:01 PM
kari
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Skywalkersound
Hi guys, I’m new here and new to Porsche as well. I have a 2014 Boxster 981 with PCM and Navi… I’ve the same issue here or maybe sort of.. checked all the options you mentioned but still not able to get my unit fully back to work. Just tuner and Aux.
After my last attempt to install the latest so I notices I have possibly some problem with IOC and APP.. as the SWID results to be invalid…did I completely break my unit? Any help would be appreciated
Errors show a failure even before the hdd update. Did you get the same ioc error earlier as well? Havent seen ioc errors before. Before going down that path check if your dvd. Is damaged? Copy the entire dvd content ( not the iso file vut actual files/folders) to a usb stick and try again..

Last edited by kari; 08-07-2024 at 01:19 PM.
Old 08-07-2024, 02:25 PM
Skywalkersound
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kari
Errors show a failure even before the hdd update. Did you get the same ioc error earlier as well? Havent seen ioc errors before. Before going down that path check if your dvd. Is damaged? Copy the entire dvd content ( not the iso file vut actual files/folders) to a usb stick and try again..
thank you Kari…Actually I’m not sure, need to check again tomorrow, BTW I will have a try with the dvd copied into a usb stick.. is there any particular proceedure or simply drag and drop all the folders into a 8gb fat 32 usb stick would work?
Old 08-08-2024, 12:18 PM
kari
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 26 Posts

thank you Kari…Actually I’m not sure, need to check again tomorrow, BTW I will have a try with the dvd copied into a usb stick.. is there any particular proceedure or simply drag and drop all the folders into a 8gb fat 32 usb stick would work?
Just copy everything from the original dvd as is. Some usb drives are not recognized so you may want to try with different brands if there is no response on plugging the usb in.
Old 08-11-2024, 12:29 AM
dan_189
Race Car

Received 137 Likes on 121 Posts

If anyone needs US hard drives either SATA or IDE I have both - PM me

For the USB issue above I have used a SanDisk before and it worked - had the same issue with a DVD once. The DVD drive is sensitive to the media type.
Old 08-11-2024, 03:29 AM
Skywalkersound
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dan_189
If anyone needs US hard drives either SATA or IDE I have both - PM me

For the USB issue above I have used a SanDisk before and it worked - had the same issue with a DVD once. The DVD drive is sensitive to the media type.
Well, all my USB keys are not booting up the updates. Can you share which sandisk did you use pls?
Old 08-11-2024, 03:41 AM
dan_189
Race Car

Received 137 Likes on 121 Posts

Well, all my USB keys are not booting up the updates. Can you share which sandisk did you use pls?
Sandisk Cruiser the one with the red flip cap

From memory you need it formatted to NTFS: The FAT32 file system cannot store individual files larger than 4 GB, while the NTFS file system can. Also from memory I think you need to have the USB option active.
The following users liked this post:
Skywalkersound (08-11-2024)

Quick Reply: PCM 3.1 stuck in emergency update loop