Notices
Cayenne 958 - 2011-2018 2nd Generation
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

CarPlay Retrofit in PCM 3.1 Cayenne 2013 ( With Pictures )

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2023, 05:40 PM
Roman ACS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 126 Likes on 95 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by NN.
Thank you for your video. I was just thinking that the function of the internal boards could be absolutely identical in JoyeAuto and Mr12Volt units (Isudar, having no external box, is different). Basically the board adopts video signal sent from external units for PCM. The port on both external boxes is FAKRA, the name of the port in both cases is LCD OUT. So I thought that for the people currently with JoyeAuto the switch to Mr12Volt wouldn't probably even require taking PCM out of the car completely as there is probably no need to open it to swap the boards. But may be I am wrong.
The Mr12Volt internal board is nothing like the other two

Our website is now LIVE! please visit us at www.ACSByRoman.com

COUPON CODE "toys" FOR FREE INSTALL KIT!

On site install is available in the Philadelphia PA area as is Global shipping!

CLICK HERE JOIN OUR FACEBOOK GROUP
Old 09-05-2023, 05:40 PM
Malmenator
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by NN.
Thank you for your video. I was just thinking that the function of the internal boards could be absolutely identical in JoyeAuto and Mr12Volt units (Isudar, having no external box, is different). Basically the board adopts video signal sent from external units for PCM. The port on both external boxes is FAKRA, the name of the port in both cases is LCD OUT. So I thought that for the people currently with JoyeAuto the switch to Mr12Volt wouldn't probably even require taking PCM out of the car completely as there is probably no need to open it to swap the boards. But may be I am wrong.
Good observation, I would say Santirx can probably attest since he's had experience with all 3 units.
Old 09-05-2023, 06:42 PM
Santirx
Racer

Received 153 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by NN.
This is an interesting thought. I would agree in principle with Roman, the boards are in fact different and although there is one Fakra wire, there is also another one that connects to another part of the quad harness loom. I would not feel comfortable trying this… at the risk of shorting something out.
Old 06-22-2024, 09:45 PM
scottmcdaniel
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

If I am not using the dvd/cd player, is there any reason at all to reinstall it and the ribbon cable for it?

[edit]Meh, tried with and without to no avail. I just get a flashing red light on the Asudar and no video, period. (‘14 S)

Last edited by scottmcdaniel; 06-23-2024 at 12:08 AM. Reason: Changed to a dumb question
The following users liked this post:
vwbrd (06-24-2024)
Old 07-05-2024, 09:26 PM
Zach L
Rennlist Member

Received 462 Likes on 300 Posts

EDIT: wrong thread

Last edited by Zach L; 07-05-2024 at 09:28 PM.
Old 07-11-2024, 06:34 AM
wrscott
AutoX

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Going down the CarPlay rabbit hole on my 2011 Cayenne 958. I have been researching for the past few days and I still have some questions that i'm trying to better understand. Hope somebody here can assist with the following:

1. Is the Mr12volt the only unit on the market to have the MOST ring connection instead of using the car analog "AUX"?
2. Do I need the external Microphone for the Mr12Volt unit? If so, what does it actually do? - I'm trying to avoid having to connect to two different devices to stream music and answer calls. Ideally I'd just connect to Mr12Volt and it would allow me to use the internal mic already in the car.
3. How big is the audio quality difference between a chinese unit vs the Mr12Volt model? I have the base (not Bose) speaker system in my car and I'm wondering if you'd be able to hear the difference.

Old 07-11-2024, 07:05 AM
Roman ACS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 126 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by wrscott
Going down the CarPlay rabbit hole on my 2011 Cayenne 958. I have been researching for the past few days and I still have some questions that i'm trying to better understand. Hope somebody here can assist with the following:

1. Is the Mr12volt the only unit on the market to have the MOST ring connection instead of using the car analog "AUX"?
2. Do I need the external Microphone for the Mr12Volt unit? If so, what does it actually do? - I'm trying to avoid having to connect to two different devices to stream music and answer calls. Ideally I'd just connect to Mr12Volt and it would allow me to use the internal mic already in the car.
3. How big is the audio quality difference between a chinese unit vs the Mr12Volt model? I have the base (not Bose) speaker system in my car and I'm wondering if you'd be able to hear the difference.

1) yes, no one has been able to copy the mr12volt system.
​​​
2) the current model (Grey box) uses intergrated mic, the the older (blue box) has additional mic which was used only to speak to siri. Model is discontinued.

3) yes of the is a quality difference. Even in base radio
Every time you convert audio from native digital to analog you lose quality. With base radio especially I'd want to keep every ounce of quality I have.

Here is the kit correct kit (Grey) you need. Scroll down the page for the free bundle.

https://acsbyroman.com/product/porsc...st-pcm-3-1-mm/

[SIG] [/SIG]

Last edited by Roman ACS; 07-14-2024 at 03:22 PM.
The following users liked this post:
wrscott (07-12-2024)
Old 07-12-2024, 08:07 AM
barney19
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Perfect, thank you

Quick Reply: CarPlay Retrofit in PCM 3.1 Cayenne 2013 ( With Pictures )