Sponsored By:

What did you do to your 958 today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2019, 04:35 PM
F SANE IL
Three Wheelin'

Received 176 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by andrewdr
bought white key sides - $10 Amazon. Fit perfect. Ordered the carbon fiber ones now the the GT3RS.

Nice. That was the first thing I did when I bought my "new" used cayenne. Same experience, although I then went back and bought a green one, which fit terrible. Amazon took it back no problem.
Old 05-05-2019, 04:37 PM
F SANE IL
Three Wheelin'

Received 176 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by TheUnscented
Yesterday the local PCA was holding an Autocross and I stopped by to watch a few runs then go to my office and get some work done..... but you know how friendly and welcoming PCA folks are.....

next thing i knew I was wearing a loaner helmet and making a big pile of all the tools, gym bag and briefcase and crap that was in the back of my truck as they’d talked me into entering the competition! My first autocross ever!

I was the only person dumb enough to enter a SUV so I actually convinced myself that I’d win my class but they put my CTT in the same class as “water-cooled, mid-engined”: Boxsters & Caymans.

Thanks to 500+ HP & AWD, I actually didn’t come in last, beating out 2 Boxsters! I was beat by a only fraction of a second by a 992.1 Carrera S and a modified 996 C2.

I’m #20 on the list. The runs 4,5,6 were in the rain. The best times of the day were posted by a modified C5 Z06 and a Tesla Model 3 Performance.

#Represent958

Dont think its dumb. I'd love to do this. Though mine is regular S, not CTT
Old 05-05-2019, 07:48 PM
Tom M
Burning Brakes

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Changed the oil and TC fluid. The old TC fluid (Ravenol w/about 20K miles) came out black. I used the Porsche fluid along with the FMC friction modifier this time around so we'll see how different it is from the Ravnenol. When I switched the original TC fluid to the Ravenol it made a big difference. Also, a few weeks back I replaced the alarm siren as the original one was throwing a code.
Old 05-06-2019, 03:37 AM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,160 Likes on 767 Posts

Spent $50 on a hand-carwash in LA. Easily the most I've ever spent on a carwash. Apparently the new "thing" to get more $$ out of Porsche and Maserati owners owners is to claim the tires are too wide to use the track that drags the car past guys with sprayers and brushes and sponges and rinse hoses, SO, the cleaning has to be done by a dedicated professional who handles it from start to finish, and I have to admit puts on a damn good show while doing it. It's parked in a special corner of the lot, and the one guy does it from wetdown to dryoff.

With tip - $50, but includes gooping up the tires and bottom black trim on the car, and a really good cleaning.

It deserved this treatment since it just completed a 2,800 mile drive from NJ to CA (Los Angeles) - the 5th time it's gone coast to coast - and with no real problems (a bit of a problem the 2nd day out with a plugged up HVAC drain that I had to clear in a motel parking lot), and I'm counting on it for no problems on the trip back in about a month. The bugs had thoroughly covered the front of the car to the point it was difficult to see out the windshield, and now they're all gone. I imagine sometime I should remove the front bumper and clean the radiator and intercoolers from years and 95,000 miles of accumulated bug guts.

FWIW - Sport Mode is a real hoot driving around LA where stop-light gran'prix events happen every block. I think I'll probably burn through a set of brake pads though, since it's almost impossible to get through any light controlled intersection without stopping at least once.
Old 05-06-2019, 11:52 AM
CarGuyNVA
Drifting

Received 163 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by deilenberger
Spent $50 on a hand-carwash in LA. Easily the most I've ever spent on a carwash. Apparently the new "thing" to get more $$ out of Porsche and Maserati owners owners is to claim the tires are too wide to use the track that drags the car past guys with sprayers and brushes and sponges and rinse hoses, SO, the cleaning has to be done by a dedicated professional who handles it from start to finish, and I have to admit puts on a damn good show while doing it. It's parked in a special corner of the lot, and the one guy does it from wetdown to dryoff.

With tip - $50, but includes gooping up the tires and bottom black trim on the car, and a really good cleaning.

It deserved this treatment since it just completed a 2,800 mile drive from NJ to CA (Los Angeles) - the 5th time it's gone coast to coast - and with no real problems (a bit of a problem the 2nd day out with a plugged up HVAC drain that I had to clear in a motel parking lot), and I'm counting on it for no problems on the trip back in about a month. The bugs had thoroughly covered the front of the car to the point it was difficult to see out the windshield, and now they're all gone. I imagine sometime I should remove the front bumper and clean the radiator and intercoolers from years and 95,000 miles of accumulated bug guts.

FWIW - Sport Mode is a real hoot driving around LA where stop-light gran'prix events happen every block. I think I'll probably burn through a set of brake pads though, since it's almost impossible to get through any light controlled intersection without stopping at least once.
Sounds like another great trip west for you. You've gotten a lot of enjoyment out of your CTT with hopefully much more to come..have fun and be safe!
Old 05-14-2019, 07:50 PM
Mit_p
3rd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I bought one

Hi ive been a bmw boy for years.
Anyway i bought a 2016 cayenne.
Wondering what easy mods can be done and any useful links would be appreciated.
Here’s my new one!
The following users liked this post:
CK.GTS (09-02-2019)
Old 05-14-2019, 07:55 PM
twodollardoug
Three Wheelin'

Received 356 Likes on 248 Posts

Originally Posted by Mit_p

Hi ive been a bmw boy for years.
Anyway i bought a 2016 cayenne.
Wondering what easy mods can be done and any useful links would be appreciated.
Here’s my new one!
Congratulations. You are gonna love it. We have been an aircooled family for years. And we bought or first water pumper in December.
Old 05-14-2019, 08:22 PM
Mit_p
3rd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by twodollardoug
Congratulations. You are gonna love it. We have been an aircooled family for years. And we bought or first water pumper in December.
Thanks man.
Finding mods a little harder to come by than bmw so any help would be appreciated !
👍🏻
Old 05-19-2019, 11:06 AM
Slickdvl
Pro

Received 49 Likes on 47 Posts

Started the intake manifold upgrade to a type s,
water pump, thermostat housing, etc while it’s all accessible

Old 05-22-2019, 03:51 PM
Elberoth
Racer

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

New turbo bumper installed and 4-point DRL enabled on my diesel (you can do the 4-point DRL mod without the bumper swap too).

We had to rewire the headlights to make the 4-point DRL to work. No coding necessary - only some wire swapping.

Before the wiring mod, neither parking lights nor 4-point DRLs did work.

Last edited by Elberoth; 05-24-2019 at 02:41 PM.
Old 05-22-2019, 10:29 PM
dbv1
Rennlist Member

Received 132 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by TheUnscented
Yesterday the local PCA was holding an Autocross and I stopped by to watch a few runs then go to my office and get some work done..... but you know how friendly and welcoming PCA folks are.....

next thing i knew I was wearing a loaner helmet and making a big pile of all the tools, gym bag and briefcase and crap that was in the back of my truck as they’d talked me into entering the competition! My first autocross ever!

I was the only person dumb enough to enter a SUV so I actually convinced myself that I’d win my class but they put my CTT in the same class as “water-cooled, mid-engined”: Boxsters & Caymans.

Thanks to 500+ HP & AWD, I actually didn’t come in last, beating out 2 Boxsters! I was beat by a only fraction of a second by a 992.1 Carrera S and a modified 996 C2.

I’m #20 on the list. The runs 4,5,6 were in the rain. The best times of the day were posted by a modified C5 Z06 and a Tesla Model 3 Performance.

#Represent958
Great job, love it! I was going to snowcross my Cayenne (base 3.6, manual) this winter but they changed out the program, they went with rallycross (course was a mix of potholes, dirt, gravel, snow and ice). That's a little too harsh on the car so I didn't do it. I'm still hoping to do snowcross with it at some point, no rear locker and all.
Old 05-24-2019, 10:51 AM
DAVfoto
Three Wheelin'

Received 249 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by dbv1
Great job, love it! I was going to snowcross my Cayenne (base 3.6, manual) this winter but they changed out the program, they went with rallycross (course was a mix of potholes, dirt, gravel, snow and ice). That's a little too harsh on the car so I didn't do it. I'm still hoping to do snowcross with it at some point, no rear locker and all.
I like that idea and may look into that this winter! I have a set of winters I can throw back on too for it.
Old 05-25-2019, 11:26 PM
timmyz06
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I washed it, and bought a OEM carbon/alcantara steering wheel!! Im sick!! Cant stop throwing money at this thing!! Well have the carbon interior,so it will go along great if that count has a ''reasonable point'' !!!
Old 05-25-2019, 11:37 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 3,007 Likes on 1,781 Posts

You have a .2?
Old 05-25-2019, 11:40 PM
timmyz06
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RAudi Driver
You have a .2?
yes GTS 958.2

Quick Reply: What did you do to your 958 today?