Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

9" Android Radio Install Review

Old 01-31-2018, 10:51 AM
Brainz
Rennlist Member

Received 125 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by mrottjers
And here you can buy the MOST 4 Channel adapter: http://playauto.ru/products/adapter-...ka-most-amp-30
Give this man a prize! He found a unicorn: 4 channel Porsche MOST adapter. Price is not bad at 8000 rubles (~$145). Wish I'd know about this 6 weeks ago when I bought a 2 channel off of eBay.

Here is a translated link: https://translate.google.com/transla...-text=&act=url

Has anyone tried this unit? Note also that there is also a 4.0 version of the adapter - - but it's not clear what the difference is.

Great find. Porsche owners salute you!
Old 01-31-2018, 12:26 PM
mrottjers
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Of course the prize goes to @Zakowsky as he found it. I just searched some further. I have no experience with this unit. I did find a distributor for Germany (for those in the EU perhaps easier than Russia, see http://trioma.ru/partner.shtml).

The difference between model 3 and 4 is described on their homepage:02/17/2017Release of the 4th version of the launch adapter for the standard amplifier Most-AMP
The new 4-th version of the amplifier adapter - Most-AMP - is on sale . Now Most-AMP 3.0 and Most-AMP_w211 are combined in one package, the algorithm of pseudo-fader is improved, the adapter's dimensions are reduced.

The cost of Most-AMP 4.0 is 9.000 rubles.

For Mercedes w211 and w 220, we also need a WakeUp cable . Its cost is 300 rubles.

The Most-AMP 3.0 adapter is removed from production, stored for sale, while the product is in stock.

Adapter Most-AMP_w211 taken out of production and sales.
Old 02-01-2018, 07:09 PM
porsche911md
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used the 2 channel MOST in my '08 Cayenne Bose with the Seicane unit and just added a Y splitter for the RCA, the sound is great.

Will the 4 channel one be a better sound quality maybe?!
Old 02-12-2018, 05:06 PM
Misc3r
6th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Guys, long time lurker here

I recently found one not only with a price as close as possible to the supplier (Seicane is WAY too pricey for the product they are selling) and the hardware is much more appealing, with the screenbein actually 9"

- 4GB RAM (as opposed to the standard 1gb or 'updated 2gb)
- 1.5Ghz Octa Core CPU
- 32GB ROM
- Android 8.0 (supports split screen)

The rest is pretty much exactly the same, as the only difference is the motherboard

for $300

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-...ceBeautifyAB=0

I grabbed it immediately
Old 02-14-2018, 12:47 AM
vandal968
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Misc3r

I recently found one not only with a price as close as possible to the supplier (Seicane is WAY too pricey for the product they are selling) and the hardware is much more appealing, with the screenbein actually 9"

- 1.5Ghz Octa Core CPU
- 32GB ROM

The rest is pretty much exactly the same, as the only difference is the motherboard

for $300

I grabbed it immediately
Misc3r, have you installed it already? If so, how bad was the install? How is it?

cheers,
c
Old 03-01-2018, 11:06 AM
tolbertiii
Rennlist Member

I just ordered the unit Misc3r found on AliExpress. Thanks for the tip! They are asking "does your car come with the Optical Fiber Amplifier".

This is an 05 CTT with the Bose speakers. What is the correct answer? I need a MOST adapter and figured I would have to buy one separately. Are they asking if I already have the MOST adapter? I didn't see a place to order on from these guys.
Old 03-01-2018, 11:21 AM
nodoors
Three Wheelin'

Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts

Correct answer to that is YES, you need a most adapter. It is what converts the analog output signals from a typical head unit to the fiber connection that will provide the signal to your amp in the trunk. If they supply one, might as well go with it. It seems there is only one manufacturer of them in china and one in russia.
Old 03-01-2018, 11:30 AM
tolbertiii
Rennlist Member

Awesome, thanks for the quick reply nodoors!
Old 03-01-2018, 12:02 PM
vandal968
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I ordered my Android last week and I'm starting to get a bunch of questions from the vendor as well. I originally did not order the MOST adapter, since I was thinking about going with the Russian 4 channel mentioned above. Anyone used that one? Is it worth the extra expense or should I just get the one that the Android vendor is offering for $93?

cheers,
c
Old 03-01-2018, 10:46 PM
hgupta
Instructor

- 1.5Ghz Octa Core CPU
- 32GB ROM

for $300

I grabbed it immediately
I am tempted too. How is it?

I love my original one, but I am out of space now on it.
Old 03-02-2018, 12:36 AM
dpatel710
Instructor

- 1.5Ghz Octa Core CPU
- 32GB ROM

for $300

I grabbed it immediately
Novice question - did the steering wheel map control function work? Also, how would one go about ordering the MOST adapter from Russia and getting it shipped to the US?
Old 03-02-2018, 08:59 AM
urbanscribe
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Capacitive screen usually quite frustrating (multiple taps, unresponsive). Anyone have this unit have experience with screen responsiveness?
Old 03-03-2018, 10:10 AM
hgupta
Instructor

Default No.

Originally Posted by urbanscribe
Capacitive screen usually quite frustrating (multiple taps, unresponsive). Anyone have this unit have experience with screen responsiveness?
I've had two units, and both were fast and responsive. Something may be wrong with yours. Did you get the Seicane one?
Old 03-03-2018, 11:01 AM
urbanscribe
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by hgupta
I've had two units, and both were fast and responsive. Something may be wrong with yours. Did you get the Seicane one?
Sorry if I was not clear. I have not swapped the PCM. I went a completely different way. I have a LTE Android tablet hooked into Bluetooth with Waze, Torque, Alexa, backup camera, Google Assistant etc. That way I can just grab it when I sell the car and it's back to stock.

Good to know. My experience with capacitive is not as good. I'm sure what sell now is better than my experience which is a few years old.
Old 03-13-2018, 04:34 PM
Zakowsky
Racer

Received 93 Likes on 41 Posts

I think this is destined to be one of those immortal threads....Almost decided on this one, but wondering if anyone has ordered this specific unit?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1024...834401948.html

It’s a "Dicola" brand from "China Car multimedia Store". Android 7.1.1, 9" screen, 1.6GHz PX3 quad core.

Looks like the best config these days but wondering if anyone has actually tried it. Thanks.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 9" Android Radio Install Review