Sponsored by:

Cohiba Brown seats?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2015, 06:01 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 60 Posts
Default Cohiba Brown seats?

Anyone with real pics of the Cohiba Brown leather seats? The config pics look a bit reddish, while Cohiba Brown on BMW is very brown...

Anyone has seen it in person or has a real pic of it?

Thanks

Old 03-20-2015, 04:09 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

No one? I am surprised it's offered as an option without any real pics.
Old 03-24-2015, 12:39 AM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

No one, eh?
Old 03-24-2015, 09:46 AM
Tom M
Burning Brakes

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

I looked the other day and couldn't locate a darn thing other than non-Porsche pictures and cigars . So unless a dealer has a sample you may be out of luck until someone takes delivery.

I was in a similar situation back in 2000 when I opted to get the Natural Brown leather in my Boxster. Nobody had a sample and no one had taken delivery. I knew I didn't want black or gray and didn't like Savannah Beige so I bit the bullet and ordered it sight unseen. I'd be willing to guess that the configurator picture is close on the overall shade as opposed to the darker color in the BMW picture.
Old 03-25-2015, 11:13 AM
KWP1911
Racer

Received 55 Likes on 15 Posts

I don't know about the Porsche because we have black interior, but the brown interior in our old X5 was beautiful. It was more of a chocolate brown like the pic.

Maybe cohiba brown is not a popular color in the Cayenne.
Old 03-25-2015, 02:07 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by KWP1911
I don't know about the Porsche because we have black interior, but the brown interior in our old X5 was beautiful. It was more of a chocolate brown like the pic.

Maybe cohiba brown is not a popular color in the Cayenne.
Well, this is a new color, that's why it's almost nowhere to be found, and definitely NOT popular so far as it's an expensive and unknown option.
Old 04-04-2015, 09:00 AM
Marc Lefebvre
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by alexb76
Anyone with real pics of the Cohiba Brown leather seats? The config pics look a bit reddish, while Cohiba Brown on BMW is very brown...

Anyone has seen it in person or has a real pic of it?

Thanks

Hi alexb76,

I just baught a Cayenne 2016 S E-Hybrid and choose this interior color... Now i am like you...
How it looks like!!
My dealer told me (March 30th 2015) it was new and didn't have any samples... yet. I am driving an X5 right now and see what you mean for BMW similar color... Its nice.

But Porsche animation is not ''super'' nice...

I will keep digging and keep you posted.

Tks

Marc
Old 07-23-2015, 05:43 PM
GT3PANDA
Intermediate

Anyone seen this cohiba brown in person or in real photos? Interested in this color but haven't seen it aside from the configurator photos.
Old 08-14-2015, 11:23 PM
JonSnow83
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes. Father in law picked up his Cayenne GTS in meteor grey + Cohiba. It's definitely a light brown, with some orange tone. More like a light tobacco than a cigar wrapper. Almost a terra cotta. He was shocked by how light it was, but I think it's growing on him.
Old 08-14-2015, 11:39 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JonSnow83
Yes. Father in law picked up his Cayenne GTS in meteor grey + Cohiba. It's definitely a light brown, with some orange tone. More like a light tobacco than a cigar wrapper. Almost a terra cotta. He was shocked by how light it was, but I think it's growing on him.
Thanks. Could you take some pics and post pls?
Old 08-15-2015, 12:52 AM
endless_corners
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The product rendering then would appear to be mostly accurate.
Old 01-04-2016, 03:39 PM
jennyp
5th Gear

Originally Posted by JonSnow83
Do you have any pictures of this cohiba interior from you family member's car. I am on the fence as to if I should order this color because I haven't seen it with my own eyes. Would you say the color is comparable to the pictures on porsche.com? If you have any pictures from different angles I would love to see them. It seems to be a beautiful color but often times colors don't translate well online. I'm looking for something a little richer than the luxor beige.
Old 01-04-2016, 05:42 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,055 Likes on 669 Posts

My .02 (based on my own interior color, which is Espresso/Cognac)...

When I look at the online configurator pictures, the Cohiba definitely looks to be more orangish verses the Saddle Brown. If you are on the Config website, click back & forth between the two (Black/Saddle -vs- Black/Cohiba), and it pops more orange (like my Cognac).

The Cognac from my 2012 CTT 2-tone Espresso/Cognac has a sort of Vintage Baseball Mitt, Orangish Tan type color.

Cohiba seems to be darker, more brown, verses Cognac.

Saddle Brown looks darker more brown, verses Cohiba.

So it could be that Porsche is now using Cohiba to land in-between Saddle Brown and Cognac.

And when I do fast clicks between all THREE (Saddle / Cohiba / Cognac - 2-tones),... I see a tad bit of red thrown into the Cohiba too (verses the lighter orange of the Cognac).

Without Dealer swatches to compare first-hand, talking about it here is going to be tough.

I also noticed that Porsche no longer offers the 2-tone Umber/Tartufo combo. Tartufo had a grayer content, as a Tan. So it appears they no longer have a grayish tan offering. Not sure if that plays into the Cohiba color creation.

Just trying to help,
=Steve
Old 01-04-2016, 05:56 PM
jennyp
5th Gear

Thanks Steve. The baseball mitt analogy helps. There is a used 2016 cognac interior car in my area that I will go look at.
Old 01-04-2016, 06:10 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,055 Likes on 669 Posts

You're welcome Jenny P.

And since you said that you want something more "richer" than Luxor Beige, I will add a bit more (as well as a picture)...

First, I do NOT think you can go wrong with either Cognac, or Cohiba. BOTH are delicious!
Plus the deviated stitching that comes with 2-tones really helps it look sporty.

The better question is whether you like Black or not. Me personally I do not like Black interiors,... so getting the Espresso on top was a much better choice for me. Thus the 2-tone Esp/Cognac was the best/only choice. I love the combo.
But this new Cohiba is nice. If it does indeed have a redish tint to it, then it would look REALLY good with the Back upper.

Here's another pic (my Espresso / Cognac),... that could help with your comparisons.....
(although this picture does not show the orangish tint as much. Looks kinda more regular tan in this pic. My old iPhone probably dulled it down)

You'll notice that I have the Mahogany Handles, and the Yachting Mahogany split inlay trim too. To me, I really felt those 2 add'l options helped the interior look both rich & luxury too.
Plus the Aluminum Shifter upgrade, and Console "Turbo" script helped too.

Quick Reply: Cohiba Brown seats?