Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cohiba Brown seats?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2016, 07:13 PM
jennyp
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all of your help. This is my first Porsche so it can be a bit overwhelming with so many decisions to make. It's hard to know when and where to draw the line! I drive my cars for a long time so I prefer the black carpets...that's where I think you can see the wear the quickest. My deanship does have small samples but it would be nice to see it in a full car. Your toggling method helps see the differences...it makes me like the cohiba even more!
Old 01-04-2016, 07:40 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,055 Likes on 669 Posts

Good point on the carpet color. My carpet is the Cognac color, and yes I worry about stains etc.

I am using the WeatherTech rubber floor mats,... and although I like them a lot, they do cover up my illuminated door sills on the front doors. They do not cover up the illuminated sills for the back doors. It's nice to see them lit up at night, so it's a shame my fronts get covered during the winter.

Plus, as others have reported on the WeatherTech, they do not completely fit the floor area perfectly. For example, for the front mats, there is a bit of space between the back of the mat, and the contour of the Cayenne floor. It is in those small spaces like that, which I put some clear tape, to help prevent scuff stains from my boots.

I also put some clear tape down near the pad (just to the left of the brake pedal) where my left foot rests during driving. THAT is a VERY easily worn place for the carpet. And even though there is a pad there that supposedly exists to prevent such stains to the carpet,... it is not big enough. So I put tape around in that area.

Would I have to do this with a black carpet? Maybe not,... but I probably would anyway, just cuz I'm like that. Expensive vehicle. And even though I dump my Hockey gear in it, my KiteBoarding gear in it (sandy & wet sometimes),... I would still like to keep it somewhat nice.

My biggest challenge right now, is that I need a good neoprene seat cover for my 14-ways. I have A/C seats, and I can JUST SEE IT NOW,... jumping in with my wetsuit on, and getting sand down in all those little holes that the A/C air comes out. Geez. I'd rather drive naked (which will of course get me arrested). So I need some good seat covers....

Good luck with your search!! Report back once you've visited / viewed & driven the local Esp/Cognac.. Shame no one has a Cohiba to see first hand!!

=Steve
Old 01-11-2016, 12:59 AM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

alexb76 & jennyp - Have either of you ordered a Cohiba? or visited dealers to see in person?

Still interested to see some pics if you have taken any (to compare against the website pics)

... or at minimum your opinion on it.
Old 01-11-2016, 01:35 AM
endless_corners
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Jumping in your brand new Porsche in a sandy wetsuit... Good stuff.
Old 01-11-2016, 11:00 AM
jennyp
5th Gear

I did see it in person at a dealership about two hours from where I live. I ended up ordering a car the next day in Cohiba and black. In my opinion it is absolutely beautful. It is much richer than any of the other browns. I like that the dash and the carpets are black. My car will be here at the end of March. I recommend trying to find one to look at...even if you have to take a drive. They seem to be popping up a little more. I found that the dealer's swatch was very different than seeing it in a full car. I knew as soon as I saw it that it was what I was looking for.
Originally Posted by bweSteve
alexb76 & jennyp - Have either of you ordered a Cohiba? or visited dealers to see in person?

Still interested to see some pics if you have taken any (to compare against the website pics)

... or at minimum your opinion on it.
Old 01-11-2016, 03:10 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

I did not know that.

That is very interesting that Porsche is now putting the "upper" color (which in your case is Black) on the floor carpet,... verses prior iterations of 2-tone, where the carpet color usually matched "lower" color.

... in my case the carpet color matches my lower Cognac color.

When did they start doing that?
Old 01-11-2016, 05:28 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by jennyp
I did see it in person at a dealership about two hours from where I live. I ended up ordering a car the next day in Cohiba and black. In my opinion it is absolutely beautful. It is much richer than any of the other browns. I like that the dash and the carpets are black. My car will be here at the end of March. I recommend trying to find one to look at...even if you have to take a drive. They seem to be popping up a little more. I found that the dealer's swatch was very different than seeing it in a full car. I knew as soon as I saw it that it was what I was looking for.
Did you take any pics? We really need to see more REAL pictures to understand how exactly it looks like as very very few dealers may have this color in stock.
Old 01-11-2016, 07:23 PM
jennyp
5th Gear

Originally Posted by alexb76
Did you take any pics? We really need to see more REAL pictures to understand how exactly it looks like as very very few dealers may have this color in stock.

This is the only picture I took. Pictures don't do it justice in my opinion.
Old 01-11-2016, 10:05 PM
TommyV
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Very nice. Here's my 2008 CTT Saddle & Black interior

I haven't seen it in person. It being shipped to me. It's been described as similar to a baseball glove.
Old 01-11-2016, 10:55 PM
KarlJC
Instructor

Originally Posted by TommyV
Very nice. Here's my 2008 CTT Saddle & Black interior

I haven't seen it in person. It being shipped to me. It's been described as similar to a baseball glove.
Love it, how about a trade for my all black leather interior ?
Old 01-12-2016, 10:56 AM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

It looks like the Black / Cohiba has black carpet, but the Black / Saddle has Saddle carpet.
My Espresso / Cognac has Cognac carpet.

Is the Black / Cohiba the only 2 tone that has the Black carpet?
Old 01-12-2016, 11:53 AM
TommyV
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Steve,

I don't know the answer to your question, but I would prefer black carpet. I'm worried that the saddle carpet will stain easily.

Quick Reply: Cohiba Brown seats?