Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone venture a guess as to cost add PCM w/ Nav to a 2014 GTS?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2015, 10:14 AM
TRM
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 65 Posts
Default Anyone venture a guess as to cost add PCM w/ Nav to a 2014 GTS?

Driving this around for the weekend. Dealer let me take it for a few days hoping I'll fall in love with it. Really wish it had Nav however.

Old 03-01-2015, 11:04 AM
rustyk
Advanced

Received 77 Likes on 30 Posts

Bake at least $3K into your negotiations, and it may be more.

Here's what I know. I have nav and PCM on my '15 and wanted to add HD Radio. Porsche doesn't make this easy. Was told by dealer that it requires a new center unit, for about 2500 - I didn't discuss labor.
Old 03-01-2015, 11:23 AM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Go check 6spd in the 958 forum. It's been discussed there and a guy from Russia (G_A) has provided a lot of detail.

As I recall you'll need the PCM itself which will vary in price based on the options (eg Bose, BM, etc..) and the GPS antenna. I don't think you can get the factor antenna cable, so you'd have to have someone custom wire that.

Personally if it at least has the usb/iPhone interface then I'd skip the Nav. It's a POS and I regret spending the money on it rather than waiting an extra month for the option that had the connectivity without the Nav.
Old 03-01-2015, 12:14 PM
Rossi
Burning Brakes

Received 61 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by TRM
Driving this around for the weekend. Dealer let me take it for a few days hoping I'll fall in love with it. Really wish it had Nav however.

That's an easy one, tell the dealer that you will take it only if they upgrade the PCM unit.
Old 03-01-2015, 01:07 PM
hahnmgh63
Three Wheelin'

Received 64 Likes on 59 Posts

If you already owned it and were asking then $5K from a dealer. If you are buying it and negotiating then $2K~$3K. In the first instance their going to quote you retail prices. In the second instance their probably going to be closer to actual costs, might even take a slight hit depending on how bad they want the total sale.
Old 03-01-2015, 01:37 PM
DWPC
Burning Brakes

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

My advice is to do your best deal and don't spend a cent for an "upgrade". Facts to consider:
  • Any 2015 OEM audio/nav is already generations behind SOTA aftermarket gear. OEM head units are congenitally obsolescent.
    • Bose speakers have non-std impedance and are not compatible with non-Bose gear. If you want to upgrade later, you'll have to replace virtually everything.

So, if your at all concerned about having access to rapidly changing mobile technology (or if you're a techie geek) PCM should be viewed as a rip-out, and as little as possible invested in it. IMO, this technology moves way too fast for car makers to keep up, and buyers would be served better is makers installed standard interface sound systems and left the head unit choice up to the buyer.
    Old 03-01-2015, 02:24 PM
    TRM
    Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 65 Posts

Thanks folks - very good advice and things to consider.
    Old 03-01-2015, 11:53 PM
    TT Gasman
    Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's very odd to find a GTS without nav, I thought it was part of the package. That said, I would use it as a bargaining tool and squeeze the dealer to the max, you can always add later or use your phone. Not a deal breaker, but a potential deal maker if you play it right.
    Old 03-02-2015, 01:35 AM
    genebopp
    Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

who would buy that car without Nav? I would make an offer that includes delivering the car with nav. Make an offer and see if they want to sell it. If your willing to buy it without nav, I think your a find for the seller. but to tell you the truth, my nav takes really weird routes and I dont know why. Even though I dont follow the nav's route, i would not have bought the car without it.
    Old 03-02-2015, 11:51 AM
    catamount
    Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

If it doesn't have the Bose speaker system then upgrade with an aftermarket unit becomes substantially easier. There are some really good systems out now that have a ton of features, cost substantially less than the factory system and will look almost OEM once installed. Not to mention, most of them have interfaces that are a lot more intuitive!

Quick Reply: Anyone venture a guess as to cost add PCM w/ Nav to a 2014 GTS?