Sponsored by:

CARJACKED!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 06:37 PM
gtmaster303
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default CARJACKED!!!!

****ing *******, hope he rots in hell for this....

My sister was carjacked at EWR international airport yesterday at approximately 4:30pm, Terminal A, Arriving Flights. All it took was 3 seconds. Pulled into the pickup area, got out and closed the door. She left the car running (mistake I know). In the amount of time it took her to walk from the driver door to the tailgate, the guy entered the vehicle. She looked back and saw the guy was in the car. Ran to driver side door and hung onto the car. ******* proceeded to floor it with her still hanging on the car. She punched him in the chin. ******* drove all the way to the lefthand concrete divider (~4ft tall) where she was scraped and eventually thrown off at about 35-40mph. She suffers major bruises and scrapes. Police pursued but he got away. He was running traffic lights at ~100mph down route 1 & 9. No serious injuries, thank god. I'm really glad she's ok.
Sister's iPhone in the car was dead, could not track it. EZ-pass also in the car. Police are looking into it. No Lojack or tracking system was available in the 2010 model year (seriously???)

If you have any info or have seen this car, please let me know. If you mysteriously see a whole bunch of parts for sale for this car, please let me know.
Even a simple craigslist search in your area would help (a shot in the dark I know)
Here are pictures of my lost baby
https://rennlist.com/forums/porsche-...ayenne-v6.html
This guy deserves front row seat in hell

Distinguishing Features:
2010 White Porsche Cayenne V6
Sport 18 inch rims
Yellow brake calipers
Tow attachment on the back
Brand new Kumho Ecsta STX All Season Tires just installed a week ago (no Porsche owner would ever install these, but cash is a little tight. Wasn't a track car anyway)

Last edited by gtmaster303; 08-23-2013 at 11:04 PM.
Old 08-22-2013, 07:27 PM
blackland
Burning Brakes

Received 438 Likes on 255 Posts

Sorry about your car, glad your wife is ok. I am surprised he was able to escape EWR airport, the traffic is always horrible around there and the roads are very confusing.

This type of thing is why I am always armed and well practiced in hitting what I shoot at. I guess with NJ gun laws its not possible to get a carry permit?
Old 08-22-2013, 08:05 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

If I drop of at ewr I never leave the vehicle and god forbid you get lost trying to get back on the TP south
Old 08-22-2013, 08:35 PM
kosmo
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Good luck to you and your sister.

Ewr is crap. Cant believe the cops, theres so many, didnt catch him.
Old 08-22-2013, 09:41 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,603 Likes on 1,618 Posts

That sucks. In the end, she's ok. Car can be replaced, she cannot.
Old 08-22-2013, 10:55 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Might want to include the location, not everyone will know where EWR is.
Old 08-22-2013, 11:03 PM
O.B.1
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad your sister is ok.....let the insurance co deal with it.
Old 08-22-2013, 11:26 PM
endless_corners
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thats really dreadful. Hopefully the silver lining (not that you want to be having to shop for a replacement) will be that you can somehow replace your cayenne with an even better optioned model or something.
Old 08-22-2013, 11:50 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,151 Likes on 764 Posts

EWR = Newark Liberty Airport, - Newark NJ which is the carjacking capital of the world. I was there today (at short term parking luckily, with SWMBO's Lexus - which I don't think is as much of a target.)

The increase in carjacking (the Newark Star Ledger had an article this week) came about when manufacturers made the cars harder to steal in traditional ways (the slide-hammer in the ignition way).. The article pointed out that Porsche, Mercedes and BMW are the top targets, followed by Honda.. (go figure.) Many are taken for a joyride and then abandoned.

Sorry to hear this. I'm surprised none of the TSA dudes/dudettes at the pickup area didn't scare the crook off.. but I guess not enough of us are dumb enough to drive through the middle of Newark (I have - but from now on - it's the M-Coupe - stick shift, or the Lexus - boring) so they're moving out to the airport.
Old 08-23-2013, 12:03 AM
sapman
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mudman2
If I drop of at ewr I never leave the vehicle and god forbid you get lost trying to get back on the TP south
That's a tad dramatic. I am in EWR at least 5/6 times a month and it is really not that bad a place.

The OP's story is very disturbing, but I have not heard about something like this happening there in 15+ years.

My dad had 2 cars stolen from the long term parking lots there in the 80s, but I have been parking my P cars in P4 for 10 years and have never had a problem. I am not the only one. Take a look in that garage and you will see lots of expensive machinery.
Old 08-23-2013, 12:12 AM
sapman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by deilenberger
I'm surprised none of the TSA dudes/dudettes at the pickup area didn't scare the crook off.. .
Not sure why a TSA agent would have scared him. Unless he had an irrational fear of taking his shoes off?
Old 08-23-2013, 10:33 AM
Lexlthr
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats weird about LoJack. My 06' has it. It was installed at the dealership in under a hour.
Old 08-23-2013, 12:16 PM
billyg
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Odds are the vehicle will be trashed to some degree. I'll have a drink tonight hoping you survive 30 days without it recovered so insurance replaces it with a new 1.
Old 08-23-2013, 02:05 PM
Divot
Much missed
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Glad to hear your sister is OK. She made a stupid mistake, and could have died. Carjackers in Newark are one of the small groups that may be armed with handguns.

Your little P!ggy will either be found stripped and abandoned in the Pine Barrens, or never seen again after it was loaded onto a container and shipped out of port of Newark. I'd already start looking for a replacement. You do not want to have it found and returned.
Old 08-23-2013, 02:42 PM
sapman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Divot
You do not want to have it found and returned.
Agreed.

Quick Reply: CARJACKED!!!!