Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suggestions for aftermarket replacement for PCM/dvd/radio/Gps in 05 CTT w. FOptic

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2013, 11:42 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,445 Likes on 901 Posts

Originally Posted by endless_corners
There is a fair amount of dead air space in the spare tire well with the bose sub.. because there is no spare there. I listen to a lot of bass heavy music and the bose sub is not terrible. A little muddy perhaps but not terrible.. i would call it fair and almost decent. It is cool though about that jbl sub for 955's good tip on that.

Does anyone know when Porsche moved to fiber. I have a 2004 with cd navigation and bose. What is the pre-fiber interface bus?
All Cayennes use the MOST fiber optic ring. The 911 and Boxster switched over in the 2003 cars.
Old 10-21-2013, 11:49 PM
endless_corners
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Cool, thanks. I think I was getting mixed up with my ML.
Old 11-28-2018, 01:39 PM
drksm
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello, I have a 2008 Cayenne S and the head unit has died. It is Bose, fiber optic, sat nav, in-dash plus cd external 6 disc changer. I am looking to replace it and am looking for some more recent product data. I am not necessarily shooting for an upgrade although a better nav system would be very welcome as well as some sort of connectivity to my mp3 player but I definitely want to preserve the current functions such as steering wheel controls. I am also looking at keeping it as simple as possible. Any suggestions? Thanks! drksm
Old 11-29-2018, 08:49 PM
hahnmgh63
Three Wheelin'

Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts

I did the Pioneer 8200NEX AVIC. Scosche install kit with faceplate surround, MOST interface (so you can keep the Bose amp & speakers), and steering wheel controls (Channel up & down, Volume up & down). You can hook up the Mute but it is not right on the Canbus so I did't want to fish for the wire, might do it later. I went with the 8200 NEX as it has stand alone GPS, I can use Apple Carplay for Google, Apple Maps, Waze, but I live out in the country and loose Cell reception a fair amount so those Cell dependent systems would loose connectivity. It has HD Radio, Bluetooth, MP3, lots of options. I know there are some Chinese options out there but I prefer something with more quality like Pioneer, Kennwood, etc.... And if you shop around you and can do the install yourself you save a fair amount of money. Even with the Crutchfield Scosche install kit it was not plug and play. I there are some connectors that interconnect with the OEM harness but I did have to do a couple of wire taps but did not cut the OEM harness, only taps.
Old 05-16-2019, 05:24 PM
rhondabrown609
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by drksm
Hello, I have a 2008 Cayenne S and the head unit has died. It is Bose, fiber optic, sat nav, in-dash plus cd external 6 disc changer. I am looking to replace it and am looking for some more recent product data. I am not necessarily shooting for an upgrade although a better nav system would be very welcome as well as some sort of connectivity to my mp3 player but I definitely want to preserve the current functions such as steering wheel controls. I am also looking at keeping it as simple as possible. Any suggestions? Thanks! drksm
Did you ever upgrade or did you find any more info? I am wanting to upgrade to Android 8.1 Car DVD GPS Radio stereo 4G Multimedia for Porsche Cayenne 2003-2010 but am not sure if this fits without a kit or adaptors.
Old 05-21-2019, 09:17 AM
RazMan
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I would go for one of the excellent Android units available. I am not exactly an audiophile these days but to my ears they are the best £200 you can ever spend - way better than the old PCM2 and with much more functionality. I am on my second Android (different P!GS) and I have no regrets at all

Quick Reply: Suggestions for aftermarket replacement for PCM/dvd/radio/Gps in 05 CTT w. FOptic