Sponsored by:

Perforated seats?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2012, 05:49 PM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Perforated seats?

My CD is on order already and I appear to have just discovered something I really don't like

We test drove a CD and even though it did not have the ventilated seat option, the seat centers were all perforated. Is there any option combination that includes the 14-way seats that results in plain solid leather?

I'm getting my Cayenne to haul a young kid (9 mos by the time the CD arrives) and a bunch of dogs and specifically didn't go with ventilated seats because of that. I'm worried about dog hair getting down in there (you have no idea what shedding is if you haven't had a Norwegian Elkhound ) and more importantly drink spills when he gets older. We've had great success with leather in the past with the dogs and and spills because it just wipes clean.

We're really worried about this....
Old 09-01-2012, 06:25 PM
RESP
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check with your sales rep. It depends on the type of leather you order, not just the 14 way seat.
W/out ventilated seats, I believe you have a couple of ways to go without perforated leather.

Good luck!
Old 09-01-2012, 07:13 PM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Unfortunately my dealer is a low volume dealer (shocking that they had any non-paid for CDs to begin with) so they don't have as much material knowledge for questions like this as the larger dealers (it's history and lack of sleaze that has us deal with them over the bigger dealers) in the area. He is going to check with PNA, but based on their non-useful responses to other questions I'm not holding my breath for a quick (or accurate) answer. Since it already might be too late to make changes anyway, time is also of the essence so if I could say "option XYZ solves the issue, make the change" it would be much better than waiting a week for PNA to respond and then find out I could fix it, but missed the cut off date by a day.
Old 09-01-2012, 07:19 PM
steve_Cayenne
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hear you ... that came to my mind as well when I saw my seats. I have always had solid leather or leatherette, and was very easy to wipe clean. My Cayenne is too new to tell, but slightly worried about what my messy snacking 5 yr old daughters crumbs will do to clog those tiny perforations. I had not given it much thought before ordering, but all the pictures on the configurator appeared solid and I though the perforations would be on optional seating.

BTW, mine is a fairly basic 2013 V6 Cayenne, with no seating or interior options ... and front and back are perforated. So dumbing it down won't get you solid leather.

FYI: It's a Canadian Cayenne which comes standard with heated seats, in case that makes a difference.

Last edited by steve_Cayenne; 09-01-2012 at 07:47 PM.
Old 09-01-2012, 07:45 PM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Ugh. I don't think I could live with it (plan is to have this a long time), but I had wondered about the base 8-way seats since selecting the ventilated seats requires the 14 or 18 way seats. Good to know I don't have to give up that lumbar support
Old 09-01-2012, 08:03 PM
steve_Cayenne
Racer

And just to add to your worries, at your kids age, they could enter the "throwing up from getting car sick" phase ... that's always fun to clean
Old 09-01-2012, 08:23 PM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

At least it would be self contained in his bucket right now
Old 09-01-2012, 08:39 PM
XR4Tim
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Not sure what the current options are, but "supple leather" used to be non-perforated on the 955/957.
Old 09-02-2012, 11:19 AM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I wouldn't worry about dog hair getting in there (I have the perforated seats & a dog that rides in them often). What I would worry about is if your dog/kid throws up on them. THAT is no fun to clean out
Old 09-02-2012, 07:32 PM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by XR4Tim
Not sure what the current options are, but "supple leather" used to be non-perforated on the 955/957.
Ahhh... Thanks for the tip. Looks like selecting "Ruffled Leather Seat Centers" forces you to unselect ventilated seats. Anyone know what Porsche's definition of "ruffled" is the only "picture" I can find on their website is CGI?

Originally Posted by EnigmaWmn
I wouldn't worry about dog hair getting in there (I have the perforated seats & a dog that rides in them often).
Heh. You haven't met my dogs One we can brush daily and always get a softball sized wide of compacted hair from her. Her hair also has an amazing way of embedding itself in your foot like a splinter (never seen/heard of such in all my years with dogs and it hurts like hell). I love her, but if I had known A) she was a Norwegian Elkhound and B) how much they shed I would have a different dog...
Old 09-04-2012, 12:28 PM
XR4Tim
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Ruffled leather should be non-perforated.
Old 09-06-2012, 07:03 PM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Ah well, it's already moved to production so Porsche NA says they can't do anything about it at this point anyway.

Anyone have any experience using aftermarket seat covers? Companies you'd recommend for good quality, customer service, and price?
Old 09-19-2012, 12:06 PM
sirish19
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by gnat
Ahhh... Thanks for the tip. Looks like selecting "Ruffled Leather Seat Centers" forces you to unselect ventilated seats. Anyone know what Porsche's definition of "ruffled" is the only "picture" I can find on their website is CGI?

Heh. You haven't met my dogs One we can brush daily and always get a softball sized wide of compacted hair from her. Her hair also has an amazing way of embedding itself in your foot like a splinter (never seen/heard of such in all my years with dogs and it hurts like hell). I love her, but if I had known A) she was a Norwegian Elkhound and B) how much they shed I would have a different dog...
gnat, I know what you mean. I actually have a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel and I have the same issue with getting hairs embedded in my feet. It only seems to happen tome in my family so I wonder if it has to do with the ridges in my feet, wearing socks,or something else.
Old 09-19-2012, 12:07 PM
sirish19
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by gnat

gnat, I know what you mean. I actually have a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel and I have the same issue with getting hairs embedded in my feet. I have pulled several mm's out of the bottom of my foot It only seems to happen tome in my family so I wonder if it has to do with the ridges in my feet, wearing socks,or something else.
Old 09-19-2012, 12:27 PM
steve_Cayenne
Racer

Her hair also has an amazing way of embedding itself in your foot like a splinter ... and it hurts like hell
Yikes, you sure your dogs weren't interbred with porcupines!

Quick Reply: Perforated seats?