Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2011, 08:50 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by rijowysock
[B]
they are all 70k sticker vehicles and unsold because stupid options

tell me how i drove a brand new 997.2 for 16 months and 16k miles and made a profit on the car when i sold it? im such a silly dumbass with cars

the increased performance that puts the current V6 very close to the V8 is probably the biggest reason i can see to create the demand we see on the V6 models
No offense, but your repeated comment about how close the V6 and V8 are in performance while saying the TT is in another league as you've done previously(despite the fact that the peformance difference is greater between the V6 and V8 than it is between the V8 and Turbo) tends to undercut your credibility in general. Besides, in many states given 8 or 9% sales taxes, reg fees, the instant depreciation one experiences when driving a car off the lot, and the opportunity cost of money, it is very difficult to actually make the kind of profit you describe flipping a car after 6 or 9 months. I'm not saying you didn't do it, just that it's well outside the norm for most people.

Also, I'd suggest the vast majority of people buy a car to please themselves, not order it as a speculative investment to make it attractive to a future buyer. They don't see options as "stupid", they are something that adds to the long term enjoyment of a car they plan to keep for a while. Obviously, YMMV.
Old 11-27-2011, 09:40 PM
Marc Gelefsky
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

"Let me tell you sir, This V6 Cayenne is you, specially ordered will the only options you will ever need"
Old 11-29-2011, 07:28 PM
kfan
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Taking delivery next month on V6. Is a 5% discount on a 2012 V6 custom built still the best negotiated deal? Or have their been others who have negotiated a larger discount recently?
Old 11-29-2011, 10:50 PM
w00tPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

Received 132 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by kfan
Taking delivery next month on V6. Is a 5% discount on a 2012 V6 custom built still the best negotiated deal? Or have their been others who have negotiated a larger discount recently?
Take the 5% discount before it disappears. It's best I've seen since Spet/Oct 2010.

Riley, not being sarcastic here but you obviously have the midas touch when it comes to custom ordering, buying and selling cars. But you also have to figure in the amount of time, energy and patience that it requires to call around dealers, play with the configurator, talk to buyers, low ballers, analyzing market etc. For most of us thats valuable time away from enjoying our cars, work and family. Time thats priceless.

Yes like you mentioned, the Burmester, air-suspension, PDCC, Sirius are worthless to the second buyer but I spent 100 K on the car for my/family's enjoyment not keeping in mind what the next buyer would want or pay for. You are happy flipping and thats what matters. To cap it off u even make money doing it. Options are not that critical not for you as you are not planning on keepin these cars long enough. Most people are not looking to change cars every 1 to 2 yrs. I bought my Porsches as keepers. Call me stupid but I drive them, hand-wash them, capture them in photos, bond with them as family and am not interested in finding them new homes. Like Mike I see these extremely well engineered cars as long term enjoyment. I still am in awe seeing someone who is not a dealer (like you) who actually makes money on used, mass produced cars.

Last edited by w00tPORSCHE; 11-30-2011 at 02:10 AM.
Old 11-30-2011, 01:23 AM
steph280
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I've talked to 5 dealers in the LA vicinity and none would give any discount on the V6, special order or existing inventory (which is almost non-existent). All they have are one or two V6 loaded to the max with sticker comparable to a V8 model.

If I can get 5% I'd be all over it.
Old 11-30-2011, 12:48 PM
porscheprestige
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

offering mine was a joke, obviously i would not tell people how to make money and then offer them mine for sale... on this forum I am trying to help other enthusiasts make money buying their cayenne (hence my advice), also hence why the 2011 was never posted for sale on this forum (because i would rather other enthusiasts just buy one new and do the same thing).

the 958 porsche cayenne's online are very confusing to navigate between, there are the high msrp models that are not commanding a premium or a demand (because someone could order one for cheaper and just wait).. there are the manual trans models which come up but are not easy to sell.. and then there are the ones people want (55-60k) but most of those are fake listings... i have helped numerous friends try and find cars and had the dealer run the list of available cars and it never matches up with any listings... if you have time and would like to see for yourself, call 5 dealers offering those vehicles for sale and say you would like to make payment today and pick the vehicle up tomorrow and listen to their responses... i have heard it all... and it's a bunch of crap... they simply want people to order some cars and fill up their allocations,

good friend of mine had to pay 8k over on his high optioned v6 in los angeles just months ago because it was impossible to find anything on the market instantly available.

i'm not being "sketchy" or trying to profit on this forum, this is clearly shown when i bought/sold my 2011... the whole time i kept everyone in the loop and showed them they could make money if they ordered the car properly... i did not even post the 2011 here but i did make jokes about "it being available" which were clearly jokes because was never followed up with any contact from myself or even a price..... if i had 50 horses in the race i clearly would not want competition, but im just having fun and if 20 people on the forum bought v6 cayenne's for the sole reason to flip in 6 months it honestly still wouldn't affect me given the insane demand.. so im encouraging others to buy smart and take full advantage of what we have available to us as consumers. i also did the same when i bought/sold my 997.2 carrera and will do the same when i buy/sell my new 991 carrera....

most people consider a done deal to lose money on a car, which is why leases are so prevalent (a locked in loss)... i say why lock in losses and pay money for something you have to hand back when you can make money driving something you love..

regret of my life however is not buying a superleggera in 09' when they were going for 115k!!!!
H'es pretty much right! Don't know how this will look on a long term but as we speak people they pay 8-12k over MSRP in order to get one on the spot. Waiting list could be long for a V6.

Originally Posted by steph280
I've talked to 5 dealers in the LA vicinity and none would give any discount on the V6, special order or existing inventory (which is almost non-existent). All they have are one or two V6 loaded to the max with sticker comparable to a V8 model.

If I can get 5% I'd be all over it.
As you mentioned, that is a crazy discount. Correct, people pay the MSRP for the V6 so even 1% discount is a big rebate !!!
Old 11-30-2011, 01:44 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by porscheprestige
H'es pretty much right! Don't know how this will look on a long term but as we speak people they pay 8-12k over MSRP in order to get one on the spot. Waiting list could be long for a V6.
I know people do things like this for rare, low volume vehicles but a mass produced SUV, even if it is a Porsche? The base Cayenne is a great vehicle, no doubt, but paying $12K over MSRP to get one on the spot when a V8 can be had for the same money is just nuts, IMHO.

Last edited by Mike in CA; 11-30-2011 at 04:27 PM.
Old 11-30-2011, 01:59 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

sure, because i am adding erroneous material to the post, versus answering a question about demand and supply.

also, other people have chimed in with their "5 second search" replies with vehicles "available for purchase" that aren't even currently available....

those who have actually searched to buy a used 2011 can attest to the bait and switch antics of the dealers, especially in socal.... not only bait and switch, but bait+add a premium and switch......

i apologize in advance that i speculate and have fun when buying vehicles, and would encourage others to do the same (i'm not taking all my thoughts for myself, but instead offering them out to help others.... im sure everyone on the forum would love to profit off a car purchase, or maybe im wrong and people love losing money)
I wouldn't waste my breath on Mr LowThinkingComprehension. He is dinosaur stuck in his ways and will eventually have the same outcome as them. Guy has nothing better to do than troll with negativity.
Don't waste your time.
Old 11-30-2011, 04:17 PM
StanThePorscheFan
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
Somewhere a village has lost its idiot ... Tragic.
What is truly tragic, is that a moderator would call a forum member an idiot. And for no good reason at that.
Old 11-30-2011, 09:55 PM
kfan
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I would think there are some that negotiated a larger V6 discount than 5%...... If you did let us hear about yours.
Old 12-01-2011, 02:59 PM
mwalker649
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try Roslyn in NY Long Island....great people to deal with...wall street guys will be trading when bonuses are issued.
Old 12-01-2011, 03:07 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mwalker649
Try Roslyn in NY Long Island....great people to deal with...wall street guys will be trading when bonuses are issued.
Let me guess, someone from P of R decided to post?

I have nothing but praise for their sales team (Eric, in particular), but go ahead, ask me about their service department
Old 12-01-2011, 03:46 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by kfan
I would think there are some that negotiated a larger V6 discount than 5%...... If you did let us hear about yours.
very rare unless really good relationship, some maybe got slight discount and then the MSRP change worked in their favor (if they paid prior and got locked in).

friend of mine went to local dealer today in NY and they are asking 7k over sticker for a 2011 white on tan with 9k miles..... this is after seeing one listed online with less miles and lower price and even called about it, showed up to see they only had one and asking price was far more than listed...... not a fan of car dealers for the most part, never understood how they all can't just be honest and straightforward ...
Old 12-01-2011, 03:54 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 968TurboS
I wouldn't waste my breath on Mr LowThinkingComprehension. He is dinosaur stuck in his ways and will eventually have the same outcome as them. Guy has nothing better to do than troll with negativity.
Don't waste your time.
Nice to see you too Raj.
Still celebrating Alonso's 4th place finish in the WDC points ?
Old 12-01-2011, 03:55 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 1990964C4
What is truly tragic, is that a moderator would call a forum member an idiot. And for no good reason at that.
Is this where I am supposed to cry?
I am merely a member contributing to a thread here in the P!g Pen.
Sir Mudman2 is your esteemed P!g Pen forum moderator ... and from what I hear a Panamera proponent

Quick Reply: Future of Used 2011 Cayenne