Sponsored by:

Future of Used 2011 Cayenne

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2011, 11:44 PM
WalkerJ06
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Future of Used 2011 Cayenne

Looking to buy a 2011 Cayenne (V6), but as everyone has come to know, low supply and high demand keeps availability limited.

Will we see more 2011's in the next 6-8 months come on to the market?
Old 11-26-2011, 03:56 PM
daddyscar
Rennlist Member

Received 106 Likes on 63 Posts

The soonest you'll see more used 2011 V6 Cayenne's will be when three year leases start ending in late 2013.

Who knows where they will end up. I was and still am looking for a three year old CPO Range Rover and there are hardly any locally available. Finally got an explanation from the dealer. US Bank holds most 2008 Range Rover leases. When they expire, US Banks puts them up for auction. Local dealers have been out bid by people buying them to ship to China. Chase has the 2009 Range Rover leases which many have a different policy. I think 2011 Cayennes are as much a status car as a Range Rover. The residual on mine is $37,900. I have a hard time thinking it would be worth that little. The current buyout price is $55,200. If I find the right Rover or G500 I'm thinking it wouldn't be too hard to sell my Cayenne.
Old 11-26-2011, 04:21 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

they WILL stay in demand for several years, as indicated above numerous people have them leased... or people have them financed and will keep them for some time, very few dealers have any "spec" vehicles for sale as they are all pretty much pre-sold and only made to order....

resale is amazing right now for those who bought outright and have the ability to sell, again this is rare so demand is high and supply low (sellers market) for those that dont have interest piling on top or those who did not go over the top on undesired or expensive options.

Last edited by rijowysock; 11-26-2011 at 10:03 PM.
Old 11-26-2011, 07:49 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by rijowysock
hopefully they will stay in high demand for years to come, resale is amazing right now for those who bought and can sell versus in a lease... i'll be selling mine in april if you want it ;-)

Cayenne resale values will suffer the same (or likely worse) depreciation as the rest of the current overproduced Porsche vehicles.
V6 ... Turbo S ... It will make no difference.

Ironic, since Porsche never hit 100k vehicles / year, as demanded by Dr. W ...
Old 11-26-2011, 09:43 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by ltc

Cayenne resale values will suffer the same (or likely worse) depreciation as the rest of the current overproduced Porsche vehicles.
V6 ... Turbo S ... It will make no difference.

Ironic, since Porsche never hit 100k vehicles / year, as demanded by Dr. W ...
unfortunately the facepalm is on you, the demand far exceeds the supply right now and will continue to for at least another year or so....

yes they produce many vehicles but as long as the vehicles command a giant premium abroad, their will be demand for the cheaper US vehicles, couple this with the low supply that makes it stateside versus those other markets and we're even better off...

the S and Turbo models DO fall into your statement but not the V6, it's ok tho, please stick to your thought process and encourage people to keep their cars or buy S models and so forth and i'll gladly pocket another 10k on my next sale :-D

not all v6 models however, if you go crazy with the options then it's in the same boat as a v8 model.... right now the cheapest "available" 2012 on the market is 70k... available as in immediate delivery... all signs point to an amazing profit to me ;-)

Last edited by rijowysock; 11-26-2011 at 10:06 PM.
Old 11-26-2011, 09:57 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

to the OP i would suggest just ordering one new and being conservative on the options... again this doesnt work to your favor on a lease.. or with bad financing.. but cheap financing and a smart build and you'll get a nice christmas bonus your way when you sell.

imagine it this way: many dealers are charging 5k+ over on ordering a brand new cayenne.... you can hunt and find one maybe for slight discount.. (1k?).... when you go to sell.. the person that is willing to pay 5k over and wait 4-6 months will surely be willing to pay 5k over and get it right then... or maybe even more over just to get it right away.

i sold my '11 to a gentleman who was about to pay 5k over in miami to order one but instead paid me around 7k over to have it the very next day without wait... add on top the discount and the lack of interest because not financed and it's all cash in pocket... i also had the dealer "broker" the sale so that i could retain my sales tax savings on the 2012 (another 4k saving right there)..

everything i've said above is VERY clear and easy to understand, no need to have a face palm on society.
Old 11-26-2011, 10:01 PM
pgapromex
Advanced

the facepalm is on you, the demand far exceeds the supply right now and will continue to for at least another year or so....

yes they produce many vehicles but as long as the vehicles command a giant premium abroad, their will be demand for the cheaper US vehicles, couple this with the low supply that makes it stateside versus those other markets and we're even better off...

the S and Turbo models DO fall into your statement but not the V6, it's ok tho, please stick to your thought process and encourage people to keep their cars or buy S models and so forth and i'll gladly pocket another 10k on my next sale :-D

not all v6 models however, if you go crazy with the options then it's in the same boat as a v8 model.... right now the cheapest "available" 2012 on the market is 70k... available as in immediate delivery... all signs point to an amazing profit to me ;-)

wait till you see me pull a profit on the 991 because of my discount... another facepalm on you...
Cramer, is that you?

2012 Porsche Cayenne Base - $54,995 Dealer: Pacific Porsche

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...5&aff=national
Old 11-26-2011, 10:07 PM
Marc Gelefsky
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

I think the 0-60 times of the V6 keeps the values high

Old 11-26-2011, 10:11 PM
pgapromex
Advanced

to the OP i would suggest just ordering one new and being conservative on the options... again this doesnt work to your favor on a lease.. or with bad financing.. but cheap financing and a smart build and you'll get a nice christmas bonus your way when you sell.

imagine it this way: many dealers are charging 5k+ over on ordering a brand new cayenne.... you can hunt and find one maybe for slight discount.. (1k?).... when you go to sell.. the person that is willing to pay 5k over and wait 4-6 months will surely be willing to pay 5k over and get it right then... or maybe even more over just to get it right away.

i sold my '11 to a gentleman who was about to pay 5k over in miami to order one but instead paid me around 7k over to have it the very next day without wait... add on top the discount and the lack of interest because not financed and it's all cash in pocket... i also had the dealer "broker" the sale so that i could retain my sales tax savings on the 2012 (another 4k saving right there)..

everything i've said above is VERY clear and easy to understand, no need to have a face palm on society.
or you could have this CPO 2011 base Cayenne with a 6 year warranty

2011 Porsche Cayenne Base - $59,999 Dealer: McKenna Porsche

Old 11-26-2011, 10:20 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by pgapromex
Cramer, is that you?

2012 Porsche Cayenne Base - $54,995 Dealer: Pacific Porsche

please call them and offer to buy it and we'll see who is right.... when i had my 2011 for sale i called around to the other ones on cars.com and autotrader.com only to find out "well that is a base price for one that we can order for you" or "that vehicle has been sold but we can gladly put an order in for you on one similar"

55k v6 cayenne automatic would not last 1 hour in torrance california, ESPECIALLY IN BLACK.

dont believe me? call them in your free time..

it's just hilarious what people like to "think" when someone is sitting here telling you what has actually happened and what the market actually is.... let me reap all the rewards tho, i dont mind.... 15 cayenne v6's on autotrader without pics and without option lists for 56k, i bet they are all currently available and unsold as well, lets ask the people out there buying cayenne's who they have called and what responses they have gotten regarding available vehicles... (they are all 70k sticker vehicles and unsold because stupid options)

end of the day, i'm just trying to help the OP from my personal experience..... he clearly is looking for vehicles and cannot find them... you guys however have no input besides your distaste that you are going to lose money on your cars and somewhat jealous that someone actually speculated properly on the market..... same as i did with both 997's and will do on the 991... tell me how i drove a brand new 997.2 for 16 months and 16k miles and made a profit on the car when i sold it? im such a silly dumbass with cars ;-)
Old 11-26-2011, 10:21 PM
pgapromex
Advanced

Originally Posted by Marc Gelefsky

I disagree, it's the dashboard clock
Old 11-26-2011, 10:28 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Marc Gelefsky

foot in mouth, the increased performance that puts the current V6 very close to the V8 is probably the biggest reason i can see to create the demand we see on the V6 models.... the previous chassis V6 and V8 were lightyears apart in performance (or lack of performance o the V6) but with the lightened chassis the difference is closer than ever and makes the V6 an actual good buy for most people especially when cross comparing with other available vehicles in the price range..
Old 11-26-2011, 10:30 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

It's like a little dog that just latches onto your leg and keeps humping ...
Old 11-26-2011, 10:38 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by ltc
It's like a little dog that just latches onto your leg and keeps humping ...
sure, because i am adding erroneous material to the post, versus answering a question about demand and supply.

also, other people have chimed in with their "5 second search" replies with vehicles "available for purchase" that aren't even currently available....

those who have actually searched to buy a used 2011 can attest to the bait and switch antics of the dealers, especially in socal.... not only bait and switch, but bait+add a premium and switch......

i apologize in advance that i speculate and have fun when buying vehicles, and would encourage others to do the same (i'm not taking all my thoughts for myself, but instead offering them out to help others.... im sure everyone on the forum would love to profit off a car purchase, or maybe im wrong and people love losing money)
Old 11-26-2011, 10:53 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

i assume a better "rennlist cayenne forum" answer to the OP would be:

"buy now because we'll all be dead in 2012 when the world ends"..

please ignore all previous replies...

Quick Reply: Future of Used 2011 Cayenne