Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 12:08 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Renn 951

I've been wondering if the VW Group influence could have a positive effect on Porsche when it comes to things like electronics - do you have any thoughts on what direction that might go?
You're taunting me, aren't you ?
Old 12-13-2009, 01:24 PM
DUTCH Vanatlanta

Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JohnnyBahamas
PSM fault could very easily be an suspension issue.

All systems are inter-related when it comes to PSM.
Könnte sein = Could be. "PSM FAILURE" showed up again this AM on the way back from a leisurely trip to Costco. Certainly nothing to push or test the suspension management system.
Old 12-14-2009, 05:42 PM
JohnnyBahamas
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DUTCH Vanatlanta
Könnte sein = Could be. "PSM FAILURE" showed up again this AM on the way back from a leisurely trip to Costco. Certainly nothing to push or test the suspension management system.
PSM, and other manufacturers programs like PSM, interprets data from all systems relevant to stability management... brakes, suspension, steering, etc.

I don't know, of course, if this is the case in your situation but on another manufacturer's car that I previously owned I have had a bad data connection on a passenger rear adjustable shock that manifested itself as a stability system MIL on the dash.

Upon reading the DTC codes of the car's computer I tracked the MIL trigger down to the back adjustable shock. This history is how I became familiar with the fact that suspension issues, or any related systems issue, can manifest themselves as a stability management MIL (malfunction indicator light) on the dash.

The PSM MIL could be a suspension issue... the details in your particular case are most certainly in the DTC codes... that's where the fun begins.
Old 12-14-2009, 08:36 PM
DUTCH Vanatlanta

Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JohnnyBahamas
The PSM MIL could be a suspension issue... the details in your particular case are most certainly in the DTC codes... that's where the fun begins.
The last time it was in they found a DTC related to the Yaw Sensor and replaced it. I guess we'll have to see what they find this time. In the mean time, the air compressor runs a lot and the car sometimes gyrates when try to adjust the ride height for no apparent reason. This next service visit will be #3 on the goofy air suspension and #2 on the PSM Failure. Getting closer to Lemon Law action.

Quick Reply: Air Suspension Question