Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

COOLANT TUBE INSIDE PLENUM CRACKED??

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 08:54 PM
Nexus 6
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well....my warranty paperwork says that for "Heating/Cooling Assemblies" I am covered for parts and labor for Water Pump, including impeller shaft, bearings, bushings, radiator and mounting brackets. Fan shroud and fan controller module. The coolant recovery unit. Heater ducts and the cabins blower motor, heater core, fan, fan clutch, and fan motor.

Man I sure hope that if I ever have the cooling tubes problem, which requires the engine to be pulled...that I am covered. Wow.
Old 04-06-2009, 11:46 AM
CarreraCup03
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts

dont they have a replacement tube now that does not require engine removal?
Old 04-06-2009, 11:49 AM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

The procedure did change, now they only have to remove the intake and work it from the top with newly designed metal pipes
Old 04-08-2009, 07:08 PM
porsche52
Board Certified Porsche Trauma Surgeon
Cayenne Grief Counselor
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by PORSCHEFIXXR
all,
if you want any job done correctly (i.e. bolts and screws torqued properly, old gaskets removed properly, no clips broken, new parts installed properly, job done right sort of thing...)
the job must be completed like the book says to...in this case, engine should come out!!
if it were my cayenne, being that i know the correct procedure, i would want to be SURE that they
pulled the engine and didn't screw anything up trying to speed through procedure...just a thought.
The engine does not have to come out for this repair!!!! PCNA/PAG will not pay us to pull the engine for this repair because it is not required!!! period. There are new updated parts (all metal tubes, 2 piece design lower tube). Back in the day... yes, the engine must be removed to install old one piece plastic lower tube, but since the lower tube is now 2 piece, engine removal is no longer required. I have personally done 10 coolant pipe repairs, takes about 5 hours once you get the hang of it. NO BIG DEAL!!
Old 04-08-2009, 07:45 PM
NiCkY69
AutoX

I am now having a coolant leak, took the car to a shop that can do some work on Porsche vehicles, and they say I have this problem....I have no warranty at all left on the car, does anyone know the going rate to have this fixed at the dealership? And how soon do I need to have this fixed? No coolant light yet and I am only see a little puddle of fluid so far.....Thanks in advance!
Old 04-08-2009, 10:29 PM
99firehawk
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

usualy when these leak, they let all the coolant out pretty quick. if you keep driving and it overheats the valve seats drop, they hang the valves open the the pistons kiss the valves = new motor
We charge 8 hours for replacing the coolant pipes. cleaning up all the old coolant. replacing the t-stat
replacing the vent line and on turbos replacing the turbo vent line
Old 04-09-2009, 12:49 AM
capt601
Instructor

not necessarily all of the coolant out at once. at least that is what i had.
around $2500-3000 to replace. in my case make sure you have them replace the coolant distribution pipe while they are in that area, as it tends to corrode and if they have to go back in there you have to pay that same fee over again , and PCNA could give a rats ***, that this is a defect of the pig. they won;t chip in one penny!! pay the $150 extra to replace the distribution pipe while they are there.
Old 04-09-2009, 03:28 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Mine was loosing about a pint a week, I get going by topping it up until I just got sick of the mess on the floor.

Quick Reply: COOLANT TUBE INSIDE PLENUM CRACKED??