Cayenne Turbo in for laundry list of service items

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2004, 02:05 PM
ben in lj
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bancu
Having had PCNA involved directly, I agree that this at the point that this is way beyond being a dealer switch thing. While I'm in a dealer (three within a 25 miles) and Cayenne rich environment where I am right now, switching dealers certainly isn't an option in other areas I travel regularly where the dealers are 100+ miles apart.

Have you and your buddy taken the 5 to 10 minutes to call PCNA Customer Commitment (800.767.7243 ext. 3) and express your concern about the hesitation issue?

On top of calling PCNA, have you both taken 6 minutes to file an on-line report with the NHTSA (http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq) about your safety concerns?

As much as I feel like this is beyond being a switching dealer thing, it's also way beyond people spending energy bringing their vehicle in and posting on the Internet without at least investing the time to call PCNA and file a NHTSA report.
I've dealt with PCNA on a couple of occassions over the last 5 years and know them to be a worthless organization whose primary goal is merely to respond with "this is something you need to have your dealer help you with". But I do intend to file the NHTSA complaint. This will help insure a HUGE award to the first poor family who dies as a result of this grave safety defect.
Old 12-02-2004, 02:54 PM
bancu
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ben in lj
I've dealt with PCNA on a couple of occassions over the last 5 years and know them to be a worthless organization whose primary goal is merely to respond with "this is something you need to have your dealer help you with". But I do intend to file the NHTSA complaint. This will help insure a HUGE award to the first poor family who dies as a result of this grave safety defect.
I look forward to your NHTSA filing(s). I'm really being to think that the more people that we can get to file the better the chance we have of Porsche addressing the problem. I don't know why people are holding off on this since it is clear that PCNA seems to be trying to treat this as a 'by design' thing instead of a safety issue. The Touareg owner certainly aren't shy about filing on this issue.

The interesting thing about the NHTSA filings is that you can file on a per incident and retrospective basis. I'm sure one person filing many times isn't as good as several people filing but it can't hurt to document _our_ case.

I would tend to agree with you on PCNA's approach. At the same time I have been able to get them to directly engage and met with RSM and FSM representatives in person. I'm not saying that did much good since I got the "Dear John" letter in the end and they now appear to be refusing to talk to me about the issue but at least I've got that under my belt to support my NHTSA filings.
Old 12-02-2004, 09:10 PM
Vino
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bancu,

Thanks for listing the contact info, I'll give them both a ring if I don't see this problem solved before Christmas.

If it does go away, I'll send you an IM and you are more than welcome to go for a spin in ours as you are nearby.

Quick Reply: Cayenne Turbo in for laundry list of service items