Received 77 Likes on 62 Posts

Which two?
Old 07-26-2020, 01:50 AM
Gadgeteer
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Stringbag
Which two?
Did i do it correctly? i jumpered #15 and #3 with the red wire.
Old 07-26-2020, 05:55 AM
Stringbag
Pro

Probably not. Which two modules can you read?
Old 07-26-2020, 11:59 AM
Gadgeteer
AutoX

Probably not. Which two modules can you read?
Just the engine and transmission module. Any advice?
Old 07-26-2020, 01:09 PM
Stringbag
Pro

Yep, your jumper cable isn’t working.
Those two Modules will also be accessible without the jumper in place. In fact they are accessible without the splitter cable at all.
if you post a picture of the VCDS cable attached to the splitter and indicate the end that connects to the car I might be able to spot what is happening. (I think you’ve just jumped the non connected end but need to see to check)
Old 08-13-2020, 03:56 PM
Tjap
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by kadn33
Hi all,

In case anyone using VCDS is interested I managed to reset the Service Now message in a 2004 CS:

With this VCDS guide as reference I tried the SRI reset option in VCDS main menu but that did not work. Next I went to the Cluster Module 17 and read the channels listed in the link´s first picture: for my car only the channels 40,41 and 44 worked.
In each of the channels I just entered the MAX value that it would allow me and after saving all three, the remainder is gone.

Channel 40 max value is 100
Channel 41 max value is 1440
Channel 44 max value is 1440

I don´t how to set the values to get a remainder for a specific period of miles or time, but because I am following my own service intervals since I bought the car I just put the max value.

hope it works for you guys.
My Friend,

Thank you so much for this information!

I have been struggling for days to remove the "Service in 2500km Light" on my Cayenne Turbo(PA)2005...

I bought the Hex-V2 cable, and a extension OBD cable.
Then I found out, with this extension cable, I would never be able to see which wire belonged to what pin...

So what I did was a very easy fix:
1) I took a piece of wire, 1 end of the wire, I put in the female pin 3 of the extention obd port.
2)The other end of the wire, I put in the female pin 17 of the extention obd port.
3) I pressed in the Hex- V2 Male OBD port in Female obd port, with the wire I fitted in before.

All worked!!

Offcourse I checked 1 time to see how my little wire held up in between the obd connection, and it looked beautifull...
I relatively put in a long piece of stripped wire, into the "OBD2 holes", to make sure the pins of the hex V2 would touch
the wires, and hold them down.
And nowhere close to other pins, no danger of thouching eachother.

Anyhow, a lot of doubt from that moment on...

When connecting with VCDS, VCDS programm told me the connection with the to k-lines were ok.
But no connection with CAN, it said.

So then I started doubting if the connections I made, were ok.

But first I wanted to do some more testing, because I was pretty sure those connections were fine..

I managed to find "Autoscan.txt" in: /C/Ross Tech/VCDS/, and put in my car by adding:
9P,Porsche Cayenne,01,02,03,05,06,08,09,11,13,15,16,17,18,19,1C,22,29,32,34,36,37,3 9,3C,46,47,55,56,57,64,65,68,69,6C,6D,6E,75,76,77
to the autoscan.textfile,

It scanned everything, also Motor, Transmission, ABS, Airbag, etc, so I think I did well with the cable trick..:-)

But it gave my maybe 10 errors, that scared me a lot. After a few beers I decided to go on with this painfull, not pleasant job, I really LOVE this car, it feels like real love.
So it doesn't feel well when some cheapass computer tells me there's a lot wrong with my baby ;-(

But after deleting all dtc's, and rescanning, only 2 faultcodes were left, and they don't look real serious... So I can laught a bit again, today..

But STILL I WASN't HAPPY, AND DOUBTING ABOUT THE CONNECTOINS I MADE,

because I bought the cable to get rid of the "Service in 2500km" warning light. And I didn't seem to be able to get rid of this warning with VCDS, and I read many people here, did have succes with that..
I could not enter the "SRI Reset", in the main menu. Some error about VCDS not being able to read CAN...
Also I could not remove/reset SRI, with other workaround I found on the internet.

Till I read your post!!! :-)

Again, thank you so much, you made my day...

I will include my VCDS Scan Rapport, to make sure, I am fully connected..
It would be very nice if anybody could tell me if it includes all parts of the car, that would be much appreciated..
Some parts have "Labels", some don't have labels, I am not sure what that is meaning... But I will find out! :-)

Greetings Tjap

Still waterproof!

Not sure if Porsche dealer will like it..

When I hit the break, and people are too close to my bumper, their car gets... Beamed Up :-P

The car is a Turbo, but I liked putting in some extra red color... :-P
Attached Files
The following users liked this post:
kadn33 (08-20-2020)
Old 08-19-2020, 06:12 PM
RGTorque
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

Trying to get my 15 diesel (958) to read with vagcom (hex-can unlimited) . I bought the splitter and jumped 3 and 15. Am I doing it wrong? vag-com says "unsupported"

https://freeimage.host/i/deNUba
https://freeimage.host/i/deNSOg
https://freeimage.host/i/deNrzJ

Any advice would be appreciated.
Old 08-19-2020, 06:20 PM
Stringbag
Pro

Just replied to your pm. You have a 2015 958. Different wiring I think.
Old 08-19-2020, 06:23 PM
RGTorque
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

Just replied to your pm. You have a 2015 958. Different wiring I think.
yeah figured id ask if anyone had success... would be worth it
Old 08-19-2020, 06:23 PM
Tjap
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by RGTorque
Trying to get my 15 diesel (958) to read with vagcom (hex-can unlimited) . I bought the splitter and jumped 3 and 15. Am I doing it wrong? vag-com says "unsupported"

https://freeimage.host/i/deNUba
https://freeimage.host/i/deNSOg
https://freeimage.host/i/deNrzJ

Any advice would be appreciated.
Did you try without the adapter, just the unchanged, stock vagcom tool? I started with all kinds changes, 3&15 split together, 3,7 & 15 together.. But in the end, I found out, no difference at all, the unchanged pinout gives me the same results as the changed pinout..
Old 08-20-2020, 02:22 AM
kadn33
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Tjap
My Friend,

I have been struggling for days to remove the "Service in 2500km Light" on my Cayenne Turbo(PA)2005...

Then I found out, with this extension cable, I would never be able to see which wire belonged to what pin...

1) I took a piece of wire, 1 end of the wire, I put in the female pin 3 of the extention obd port.
2)The other end of the wire, I put in the female pin 17 of the extention obd port.
3) I pressed in the Hex- V2 Male OBD port in Female obd port, with the wire I fitted in before.

All worked!!

Offcourse I checked 1 time to see how my little wire held up in between the obd connection, and it looked beautifull...
I relatively put in a long piece of stripped wire, into the "OBD2 holes", to make sure the pins of the hex V2 would touch

When connecting with VCDS, VCDS programm told me the connection with the to k-lines were ok.

But first I wanted to do some more testing, because I was pretty sure those connections were fine..

I managed to find "Autoscan.txt" in: /C/Ross Tech/VCDS/, and put in my car by adding:
9P,Porsche Cayenne,01,02,03,05,06,08,09,11,13,15,16,17,18,19,1C,22,29,32,34,36,37,3 9,3C,46,47,55,56,57,64,65,68,69,6C,6D,6E,75,76,77

It scanned everything, also Motor, Transmission, ABS, Airbag, etc, so I think I did well with the cable trick..:-)

But it gave my maybe 10 errors, that scared me a lot. After a few beers I decided to go on with this painfull, not pleasant job, I really LOVE this car, it feels like real love.
So it doesn't feel well when some cheapass computer tells me there's a lot wrong with my baby ;-(

But after deleting all dtc's, and rescanning, only 2 faultcodes were left, and they don't look real serious... So I can laught a bit again, today..

because I bought the cable to get rid of the "Service in 2500km" warning light. And I didn't seem to be able to get rid of this warning with VCDS, and I read many people here, did have succes with that..
I could not enter the "SRI Reset", in the main menu. Some error about VCDS not being able to read CAN...
Also I could not remove/reset SRI, with other workaround I found on the internet.

It would be very nice if anybody could tell me if it includes all parts of the car, that would be much appreciated..
Some parts have "Labels", some don't have labels, I am not sure what that is meaning... But I will find out! :-)

Greetings Tjap

Glad it helped Sir!

Some time after sharing the procedure you followed I found out that the service remainder can be reset as well by setting the Adaptation Channel 2 to value 0 in the cluster control module - I think is called 17.Instruments in VCDS . I tried in a friend's 2008 CS and it worked; definitely easier this way.

Best regards
The following users liked this post:
Tjap (03-22-2022)
Old 10-20-2020, 11:34 PM
Davebrossi
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 106 Posts

Well, with both a bridged 3,7,15 adapter and running a stock Vag-Com I have hit a dead end with my 957. There is a sharp learning curve I know as right now autoscan fails to even register the vehicle via gateway and autoscan with a modified auto text based on above information shows failute to connect. I'll need to check continuity on my adapter, thus far I haven't found the idiot's guide to VCDS, but I'll keep looking. Automatic headlights and come home function will be mine eventually! (...yes I've bookmarked that thread, it's getting the car to register that is the first hurdle.)
Old 02-20-2021, 08:41 PM
David.peters
Track Day

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Tjap
My Friend,

All worked!!

The car is a Turbo, but I liked putting in some extra red color... :-P
are you sure you have a pin 17 on the ODB port? i think 16 is the last pin.

I have both a MK6 GTI and a GTS Cayenne and have the HEX2, works great on the GTI and tried it on the cayenne, picks up everything but the engine without any pins crossed. Gearbox is fine, changed blink to 5 etc. all good but can't get any info from the engine. If I use the odb part it's ok i can get info read codes etc. but not through the vag module
Old 02-21-2021, 04:35 PM
CayenneCurious
Cruisin'

Did you ever get this working on a 958?
Old 05-10-2021, 06:39 AM
Btsai
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I’ll post a picture of my VCDS cable for you

Just to double check:

Are we sure this is the correct numbering/counting of pins?
I'm reading elsewhere, that you should count it while facing the pins (not from the perspective of the rear where the wires come out of the plug).
I suspect your locations are correct if labelling the port and not the plug.

That would make:
Pin 3 = your Pin 6
Pin 7 = your Pin 2
Pin 15 = your Pin 10

Last edited by Btsai; 05-10-2021 at 08:01 AM.

Quick Reply: Vcds How to