Sponsored by:

2004 Cayenne 955 Turbo Upgrade Build Thread, Custom Manifolds, BW EFR 7163's

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2019, 03:42 AM
J'sWorld
Three Wheelin'

Received 184 Likes on 136 Posts

Update-

Good news is we 99% finished up a pump gas tune running about 22 psi and this thing is a monster! Spins all 4 on a 3rd gear pull @ 60mph on moist asphalt.

Bad news is the most unfortunate thing has happened and while fault is not mine the Pig is headed to the scrapyard after I strip it down. All my gear and the engine is fine.
I have a lot going on in other areas right now and in the next 6 mo. The search for a new chassis starts and If I can't find one I love relatively soon I am am not sure when I would be able to do the swap and pick things back up. I'm really sick to my stomach and there is NOTHING else in my budget that I want to drive. I'm looking at everything else with 4 wheels in disgust. To this end if someone caught me and offered me a realistic sum for the whole shebang I would probably sell. There is a ton of power left in this setup and let me tell you that a good amount of power really changes the dynamics of the chassis and makes it feel exceptionaly light. I'm really hoping to find the right Cayenne in the next few weeks so I can swap and keep going but I am very picky and **** so if I can't then family and responsibilities come first and this will have to take back burner. Sorry for the letdown guys but it's not over! Making this type of Cayenne build is starting to feel more and more like the Curse of Oak Island!
Old 02-23-2019, 09:31 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,724 Likes on 4,277 Posts

Originally Posted by J'sWorld

Bad news is the most unfortunate thing has happened and while fault is not mine the Pig is headed to the scrapyard after I strip it down. All my gear and the engine is fine.
Oh no, what happened?
Old 02-23-2019, 10:07 AM
cordsig79
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Ok. I love these rigs too. Let's chat about if I can help with my silver bullet.

All of this is like a sudden organ donation, scary and bittersweet.... Maybe my 2004... She's super clean, unmolested.

I'm getting mine back here from the shop in Austin. Battery, cam sensors, leak evap..... Standard stuff.

Old 02-23-2019, 01:16 PM
J'sWorld
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by cordsig79
Ok. I love these rigs too. Let's chat about if I can help with my silver bullet.

All of this is like a sudden organ donation, scary and bittersweet.... Maybe my 2004... She's super clean, unmolested.

I'm getting mine back here from the shop in Austin. Battery, cam sensors, leak evap..... Standard stuff.
Right now the only two scenario's I am considering:

1. Super super clean almost mint, very low mileage, 04-06 Turbo or Turbo S, preferably Turbo S. Plan would be to sell the engine .and keep the chassis. Financially this makes the most sense for me and someone gets a great low mileage engine for a nice price.

2. A Very nice on the outside, low mileage 04-06 turbo, engine condition irrelavent, that I can completely gut out, lighten up and make an even more beastly Cayenne geared towards nefarious activity only.

No smooth leather! No pano roof! Prefer black interior! No weird exterior colors!

Old 03-11-2019, 11:25 PM
J'sWorld
Three Wheelin'

Made an update to close out my other " looking to buy" thread as I have aquired a piggy 2.0. As soon as I can get everything swapped over and make a few repairs we will pick back up and finish dialing in the part throttle/driveability portion of the 93octane file.

With that being said, I have a ton of really nice used Cayenne parts from my salvage/part out available.
I have a used stock turbo engine with 99k miles runs and sounds great. This is available as soon as I pull it. I will provide video and a compression test to the potential buyers.
I also have a new looking Techart Exhaust, fabspeed secondary bypass pipes, and a pair of BMC filters that will be for sale. I will provide links to listings as I get them generated. Pm me before then if you are interested.
Old 03-13-2019, 11:08 PM
jbaker136
Rennlist Member

Received 56 Likes on 29 Posts

Made an update to close out my other " looking to buy" thread as I have aquired a piggy 2.0. As soon as I can get everything swapped over and make a few repairs we will pick back up and finish dialing in the part throttle/driveability portion of the 93octane file.

With that being said, I have a ton of really nice used Cayenne parts from my salvage/part out available.
I have a used stock turbo engine with 99k miles runs and sounds great. This is available as soon as I pull it. I will provide video and a compression test to the potential buyers.
I also have a new looking Techart Exhaust, fabspeed secondary bypass pipes, and a pair of BMC filters that will be for sale. I will provide links to listings as I get them generated. Pm me before then if you are interested.
PM me when you have pricing details on the exhaust components and air filters. Thanks

Jeff
Old 03-14-2019, 09:17 PM
J'sWorld
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by jbaker136
PM me when you have pricing details on the exhaust components and air filters. Thanks

Jeff
Dibs have been placed!
Old 03-19-2019, 12:19 PM
cordsig79
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Engine include rip and replace?
Old 03-22-2019, 04:11 PM
nodoors
Three Wheelin'

Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts

Glad to hear you have are back in action. I really want to see you go with option 2 on this build! :-)

Are you ready to share what happened to the old CTT?
Old 04-29-2019, 09:02 PM
J'sWorld
Three Wheelin'

Hmmm. It's hard to find nice 21's that will work with the Cayenne and don't break the bank.
Old 04-29-2019, 09:34 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,724 Likes on 4,277 Posts

Hmmm. It's hard to find nice 21's that will work with the Cayenne and don't break the bank.
I like those a lot. Very similar design to the Forgelines on my 997.

Old 05-03-2019, 09:10 PM
J'sWorld
Three Wheelin'

Encapsulated the wet noodle trans mount on my modified cross-member and in the torque arm bushing today using a shore 80 hardness urethane. Last time I used 60 and it wasn't quite up to the task. 80 is quite a bit stiffer. I will use this wherever I can handle and contain the liquid and 3m window weld on the front and rear diff mount bushings or wherever I need something that wont run out before it cures. The 3m will stick to metal where the urethane will not unless you coat it using a varnish first.

The following users liked this post:
Dilberto (09-12-2021)
Old 05-03-2019, 09:55 PM
Libast
Three Wheelin'

Received 222 Likes on 176 Posts

Encapsulated the wet noodle trans mount on my modified cross-member and in the torque arm bushing today using a shore 80 hardness urethane. Last time I used 60 and it wasn't quite up to the task. 80 is quite a bit stiffer. I will use this wherever I can handle and contain the liquid and 3m window weld on the front and rear diff mount bushings or wherever I need something that wont run out before it cures. The 3m will stick to metal where the urethane will not unless you coat it using a varnish first.
That's a terrific idea on the torque arm- was unimpressed to see the price on those.
Old 05-07-2019, 11:54 AM
J'sWorld
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by jbaker136

Jeff

Fabspeed sec. Cat bypass's, 2006 turbo engine, Techart axle back, BMC Air filters, black sport techno stagggered 20's are now available. I am not a paid member so PM me for details.
Old 05-07-2019, 10:45 PM
J'sWorld
Three Wheelin'

For those of you that are interested......

I will be adding parts for sale slowly, I have a ton.

https://www.ebay.com/usr/vegas_engineer

Quick Reply: 2004 Cayenne 955 Turbo Upgrade Build Thread, Custom Manifolds, BW EFR 7163's