LOL love your ad
Old 05-08-2019, 12:43 AM
J'sWorld
Three Wheelin'

Received 184 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by Libast
LOL love your ad
I assume the engine ad.......

Ya, no , I lost the GD running and cold start videos unfortunatly. Now the engine is out soooo.... just bend me over. I am on a new phone strike and my current was done like a year ago. These GD phone companies have lost their mind on pricing. I'm just trying to keep it real and get the stuff sold. I know it can be tough not knowing what you are getting into for that kind of money. I know I don't always have the virtue of patience but my heart runs a few sizes too large and I really do wish the best for people and try to do right @ the core. I'm a firm believer in Karma and although I haven't always been such a good boy, I always seem to end up on top. I like that. It's a good Yin-Yang and hasn't left me wanting for much.
Old 05-08-2019, 01:02 AM
Libast
Three Wheelin'

Received 222 Likes on 176 Posts

Yeah engine ad.

I mean its a crap shoot buying anything off ebay as it is... but that's part of the fun I think lol. Have bought 2 cars off there, a T5 transmission for a 5.0 mustang, and an entire replacement carpet for the wife's explorer that was in better shape than the one we had.

If you are ever in OKC area, would love to grab a beer and shoot the ****
Old 05-08-2019, 01:34 AM
J'sWorld
Three Wheelin'

Absolutely! And same to you. I will be In Austin full time after this month. Haven't been that far north in a while but we do hit the Winstar whenever there is a concert we want to see which is usually a few times a year. Of course I would be driving the Cayenne.
Old 05-08-2019, 10:36 AM
Libast
Three Wheelin'

Received 222 Likes on 176 Posts

Winstar is amazing. I don't head that far south but to buy cars at auction so will message you should I be that way.
Old 05-21-2019, 02:53 AM
J'sWorld
Three Wheelin'

I think this build is probably going to kill me. They say curiosity killed the cat. Now I understand. I've blown myself away at how much gear I managed to pack into this chassis. I don't have fancy resources, an amazing garage, a lift, air tools, etc. Just a lot of passion, devotion, know how, and obviously a penchant for self harm that drives me.

I've seen the video's and the claims. I have read the articles. Techart did 199.04mph with less than 700hp in a 955. I have seen some claims of less than 900hp Cayenne's from tuners like Gemballa, Maff Muron, 9FF, DMS, etc. Never once have I seen any substancial proof. No dyno video's, quarter mile times, v-box times, nothing ever that proves any claim, nothing. Nothing, nothing, nothing. All talk.

I'm killing myself to find out what this machine is capable of. Why do the Jeep guys get to have all the fun?

I'm almost done putting the new chassis together. I have made some changes to my intakes. I am hoping to get rid of the mild boost oscillation issue I was having. It wasn't something that could be felt or sensed, only measured and seen in the data logs as inconsistent MAF flows and boost variance.My tuner and I covered everything in the book except custom cams and my intakes! After I tore everything down I realized that my pre-turbo intake plumbing was not equal at all, by a large margian. This could definitely cause a large pre-turbo pressure differential. The engineers at Full Race told me that they were seeing surge on the EFR 7163's on the Ecoboost engines with less than 3" intakes. Mine were 3 1/2 tapering down to 2 1/2 and certainly not equal. It was a packaging issue and slight lazyness on my part. Also I didn't start out with the big Audi RS MAf's. I started with the stock MAF's and changed them prior to a base tune with all the big injectors and fuel system and stuff.

Now I have big Twin Flow inverted cone filters and 3.5" piping all the way to the turbo's. It's like 99% symmetrical now. I think we were leaving a lot of power on the table with the issue to keep things safe @ 22psi. I think we can run upwards of 26psi and more timing on pump if we can get the boost and subsequently- MAF curves smoothed out.

Plugs look so good. Engine was running so good. Burning no oil even setup all loose for the power. I can't wait to get this thing wrapped up and on a dyno for a pump gas session! E85 will change things a lot so the better the pump gas numbers work out.......

Still here. Still rolling in the pig pen. Still crazy. Still love this damn Cayenne. Wanna send a shout out to my family for waiting for me to come out of the garage and sticking by me!
The following users liked this post:
BrianC72gt (12-20-2019)
Old 05-21-2019, 04:30 AM
cordsig79
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Hell yeah... In Hawaii reading this great update🤙🌺🥥🌴
Old 05-21-2019, 08:16 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,594 Likes on 4,192 Posts

Keep the faith Jayme. You'll get there and we can't wait to see it.
Old 05-21-2019, 12:05 PM
nodoors
Three Wheelin'

Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts

That is great news. We are all very excited for you. Any new pics?
Old 05-21-2019, 12:05 PM
Brainz
Rennlist Member

Received 128 Likes on 101 Posts

We're pulling for you. But make sure your real family knows you still exist, too.
Old 05-21-2019, 08:41 PM
J'sWorld
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by cordsig79
Hell yeah... In Hawaii reading this great update🤙🌺🥥🌴
Shout out to my Austin people!!! WHAT!

Originally Posted by Petza914
Keep the faith Jayme. You'll get there and we can't wait to see it.
Thank you for the words of encouragement Pete I think I am going to put this fatty Turbo S steering wheel in here. I'm not too fond of the unheated wood.

Originally Posted by nodoors
That is great news. We are all very excited for you. Any new pics?
Nothing ya'll haven't seen before. Had to rebuild half of one manifold, replace a turbo, rebuild 3/4 of one downpipe, and replace both flex joints. Carnage. I will try to get some pics of the new intake setup and include comparisons to the old as soon as I get it all finshed.

Originally Posted by Brainz
We're pulling for you. But make sure your real family knows you still exist, too.
For sure they always come first I actually took about two months off of work to get all this done and make my move closer to Austin.
Old 06-29-2019, 06:52 PM
957prototype
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What an amazing build! Not really the thread to look at when you wanna buy one of these trucks LOL.

Question though, anyone know what the stock blocks can handle yet?
Old 06-30-2019, 01:46 AM
J'sWorld
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by 957prototype
What an amazing build! Not really the thread to look at when you wanna buy one of these trucks LOL.

Question though, anyone know what the stock blocks can handle yet?
Thank you
Not that I am aware of. More than the stock turbo's will ever make.
Old 06-30-2019, 02:04 PM
957prototype
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by J'sWorld
Thank you
Not that I am aware of. More than the stock turbo's will ever make.
I have a 03 RS6 (4.2TT) with GT2860’s on it and I really want the turbo’s you’re using, I’m at a back pressure issue with the hotsides... I would also have to make manifolds and try to
squeeze them in there with the auto

My car is still on stock block/heads and no one has reached the limit yet either, from your pictures it looks like the Porsche block and heads are pretty robust and would take the abuse.

Thread makes me wanna dump my car and just do a damn truck haha.
Old 07-01-2019, 02:29 AM
J'sWorld
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by 957prototype
I have a 03 RS6 (4.2TT) with GT2860’s on it and I really want the turbo’s you’re using, I’m at a back pressure issue with the hotsides... I would also have to make manifolds and try to
squeeze them in there with the auto

My car is still on stock block/heads and no one has reached the limit yet either, from your pictures it looks like the Porsche block and heads are pretty robust and would take the abuse.

Thread makes me wanna dump my car and just do a damn truck haha.
The EFR's are physically large turbo's. These 7163's spool super fast. It's not that they make a great deal more boost by a given rpm than the competitors, but that the transitional response is mind blowing. They are instant. Plus with the aluminum center cartridge and gamma-ti turbine wheel they are super light comparatively. If it wasn't for the forward facing compressor covers I don't know that I would have been able to make them work. Still, coming from your Audi platform, you can appreciate the lack of space. It's a real issue. I have the Intake's now that I need for spool and power production but I am getting some classic/common MAF issue's as a byproduct that the smaller intakes didn't have. The reason is a lack of space to do what is technically needed. The Cayenne 4.5 is an amazing engine that I have a lot of faith in. There are so many compromises and logistical issue's on this platform due to space and electronics. I am really beginning to appreciate why it hasn't been done to this extent.

Quick Reply: 2004 Cayenne 955 Turbo Upgrade Build Thread, Custom Manifolds, BW EFR 7163's