Notices

scca stock class becoming street class!

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2015, 02:52 PM
burglar
Burning Brakes

Received 57 Likes on 47 Posts

Fun to the XRR fire, found a set of chrome Boxster/Cayman XRRs on eBay. Something I've never seen before:

^pic should survive, ported to Google.

Link should not survive, but they're going for $1650.

I assume everyone would be wanting to downsize to 18 x 8.5/10 so it shouldn't matter, but an odd find anyways.
Old 08-24-2015, 07:38 PM
modernbeat
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PedalFaster
...Odds are very good that an off-the-shelf high-end shock won't be legal for Street competition, since they're generally optimized for lowered ride heights and thus have shorter than stock lengths. The two builders I linked to above will build you struts matching the stock dimensions if you bring enough money; I'm not sure if MCS will or not.
While MCS only advertise a few stock length damper sets, they will build sets to your dimensions. I've done this a few times to get -exactly- what we wanted.

Originally Posted by XPC5
PASM shocks default to full hard when unplugged. As far as building stock perches for MCS etc, Vorshlag has done many similar perch setups, just takes maybe $100-200 per corner.
We've done a lot of welded stock class perches in the past. I'm about to tool up to do OEM compatible (Street class legal) lower threaded perches to compliment our billet upper perches we just started making. Tools to match the thread pitch of the MCS struts is on it's way.

Quick Reply: scca stock class becoming street class!