Sponsored by:

Looking for Guards Red 997TT

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2016, 03:38 PM
Danny997TT
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for Guards Red 997TT

Wondering if anyone has any leads on or knows of anyone that might be interested in selling their guards red, 997TT w/ manual transmission.
Old 12-29-2016, 06:38 PM
4ocious
Three Wheelin'

Received 161 Likes on 111 Posts

PM sent
Old 12-30-2016, 12:27 AM
PorscheStrong
Rennlist Member

Received 57 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by 4ocious
PM sent
Don't do it, man!
Old 12-30-2016, 10:48 AM
Bskyoon
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by PorscheStrong
Don't do it, man!
Old 12-30-2016, 11:24 AM
Danny997TT
Track Day

Originally Posted by PorscheStrong
Don't do it, man!
beautiful car....I should also specify that I am looking for a coupe, preferably an 07-08.
Old 12-30-2016, 12:15 PM
AudiOn19s
Race Car

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts

If you are OK with tan interior and automatic you're going to find quite a few more options.

If you're stuck on black interior and 6 speed you're going to have to be VERY patient. I was looking for black interior 6 speed GR car for the better part of 6 months and I actually caved and bought a 997.2 TTS instead of a .1 to get the car and color combo I ultimately wanted. Only regret was I spent a good bit more to get a .2 over the .1 but it's such an amazing car that you quickly forget those details when you're out driving
Old 12-30-2016, 03:11 PM
PorscheStrong
Rennlist Member

Some helpful (and sobering statistics), compiled and estimated by a fellow RL'er - link below. Only 6% in GR, so Andy is right on target: it's tough to find them, and especially hard if you want something other than sand beige interior, on top of coupe and MT. It took me almost a year to find mine, and I paid top dollar for a clear CA car, but it was so worth the wait! Remember thinking mine was one of ~10 GR, MT, Coupes in 2009, and probably one of <5 with black interior. Given greater build quantities in 2007-2008, you'll have more absolute # of cars to locate, given your focus.

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-turb...formation.html
Old 12-30-2016, 11:53 PM
stpatsday
Racer

Received 127 Likes on 62 Posts

^
Good information.
So, if you want a MT and a coupe in any other paint besides black/silver/grey, you will be hunting for a while!
Old 01-01-2017, 12:08 AM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,243 Likes on 780 Posts

Same is true for a cabriolet. They aren't easy to find in unusual colors with 6MT.
Old 01-01-2017, 06:34 PM
Danny997TT
Track Day

Happy New Year to all! Hopefully, this will be my year to get a 997TT in the garage. As the replies have mentioned, I am aware of the scarcity of this particular color combination. My hope was to scare up some interest from a fellow rennlister that was debating on parting with their 997.1 GR TT as I have been through every car listing site imaginable. Should anyone know of one available, please let me know. Thanks again for all the information.
Old 01-02-2017, 12:58 PM
o7silverturbo
Burning Brakes

Received 71 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Danny997TT
Happy New Year to all! Hopefully, this will be my year to get a 997TT in the garage. As the replies have mentioned, I am aware of the scarcity of this particular color combination. My hope was to scare up some interest from a fellow rennlister that was debating on parting with their 997.1 GR TT as I have been through every car listing site imaginable. Should anyone know of one available, please let me know. Thanks again for all the information.
Where are you located?? I am always online just looking at cars. If something comes up I will pm you the info.

It gets stressful after awhile.

I would have never thought that a 6MT/coupe car would be so hard to find. Until I started looking for a 997tt lol
Old 01-02-2017, 01:11 PM
vbb
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I realize this is an absolute nonstarter for most people, but I found everything I was looking for in one car, except it is a tip not a 6MT. I drove a 6MT 997.1, and though yes, it was more engaging than a tip, I decided it wasn't quite the sacrifice I was expecting to get the Tip. I'm happy. But your mileage may vary, and I realize 6MT is a total must for many people.
Old 01-02-2017, 02:54 PM
Danny997TT
Track Day

I'm located in PA, just outside on Pittsburgh, but also willing to look nationwide for the right car. I'm looking into a white one on autotrader and a GT Silver one in North Carolina. Both of which seem like reasonable cars for the money. I greatly appreciate the help!

My ideal car would be guards red, 6MT but I have been beaten down through my search and realize that I won't have the patience to wait for that "unicorn" to come along. I almost pulled the trigger on an 08 GR TT, 6MT with salvage title, but hesitated. I realize it wouldn't have been the best way to purchase my first p-car, but still feel like it was the one that got away as I haven't seen anything close to it since. That was months ago.

It's also taxing to look into history reports, maintenance records, DME reports, etc. I feel like looking into a tiptronic would be a lot easier. Not only is the pricing and inventory much more favorable, but you also wouldn't need to worry as much about over rev reports, clutch issues, etc. I haven't jumped on board yet, but there is actually an 08 Tip in Guards Red w/ black on ebay that looks pretty nice.
Old 01-02-2017, 03:22 PM
o7silverturbo
Burning Brakes

Received 71 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Danny997TT
I'm located in PA, just outside on Pittsburgh, but also willing to look nationwide for the right car. I'm looking into a white one on autotrader and a GT Silver one in North Carolina. Both of which seem like reasonable cars for the money. I greatly appreciate the help!

My ideal car would be guards red, 6MT but I have been beaten down through my search and realize that I won't have the patience to wait for that "unicorn" to come along. I almost pulled the trigger on an 08 GR TT, 6MT with salvage title, but hesitated. I realize it wouldn't have been the best way to purchase my first p-car, but still feel like it was the one that got away as I haven't seen anything close to it since. That was months ago.

It's also taxing to look into history reports, maintenance records, DME reports, etc. I feel like looking into a tiptronic would be a lot easier. Not only is the pricing and inventory much more favorable, but you also wouldn't need to worry as much about over rev reports, clutch issues, etc. I haven't jumped on board yet, but there is actually an 08 Tip in Guards Red w/ black on ebay that looks pretty nice.
Stay as far away from salvaged cars as you can.

The hunt for the right car gets old, I was not so much set on a color. I knew I wanted anything but black and no light color interior. Had to be 6MT and not verts.

It made the hunt a little better but still took forever.

What is your price range? Mileage?
Old 01-02-2017, 03:27 PM
PorscheStrong
Rennlist Member

If you're willing to ditch the third pedal, I'd pay up and go for a 2010+ in PDF vs. older tip. Better performance, better resale, etc. But before doing that, I'd expand your color palette and stick with your guns on the MT/coupe spec. White and GT silver are both excellent colors for the TT, though I didn't realize they had GT silver in 997.1 era TT's -- you sure it isn't something else?

Quick Reply: Looking for Guards Red 997TT