Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for Guards Red 997TT

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2017, 11:23 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Car looks nice, just put a tune on it the sc becomes irrelevant.
Old 01-24-2017, 10:41 AM
Ibanezgod
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

love those OZ wheels.
Old 01-27-2017, 02:40 AM
Danny997TT
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all the help everyone! I guess I can bow out of this conversation as I pulled the trigger on a white 997. Guards red simply seemed impossible to locate. I'm sure one will become available tomorrow.
Old 01-27-2017, 11:56 AM
Skwerl
Drifting

Received 303 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by Danny997TT
Thanks for all the help everyone! I guess I can bow out of this conversation as I pulled the trigger on a white 997. Guards red simply seemed impossible to locate. I'm sure one will become available tomorrow.
Congrats on the car. My advice is to not look at classifieds anymore after you get it - it is a law of the universe that you will see a better one for cheaper than what you just paid within the next week.
Old 01-27-2017, 06:54 PM
PorscheStrong
Rennlist Member

Received 57 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Danny997TT
Congratulations! White is a great color, particularly on the 997TT. Excellent choice.

BTW - I'm in PA (Philly, Main Line area) have a nice set of satin black forged wheels for sale that would look great on it - PM me if you're interested in buying or swap for your OEM's.
Old 01-27-2017, 08:41 PM
TurnOne
Advanced

White is the only color I'm a little jealous of. Congrats. Concur about staying off the classifieds for a long while.
Old 01-28-2017, 07:10 PM
o7silverturbo
Burning Brakes

Received 71 Likes on 56 Posts

Congrats on the new car!
Old 02-15-2017, 03:26 PM
Dodaleca
Racer

Received 84 Likes on 45 Posts
Default 2012 Guards Red TT found

https://www.carfax.com/vehicles/WP0A...-turbo--elkton

Using Vindecoderz on web ad serial # comes back as PDK with brown interior but pictures show 6 speed manual with black leather comfort seats.
Old 02-15-2017, 04:18 PM
snaphappy
Pro

Received 91 Likes on 59 Posts

[QUOTE=Steve 96C4S;13858564]
Originally Posted by Dodaleca
You call that obsessive! I built and checked the list below once a day, some sites like Porsche USA/Canada, Kijiji, Autotrader Spokane and Canada several times per day over a year. There is also the matching spreadsheet comparing cars, retained value, ..

OMG... now THAT is obsessive!!! And I thought I had it bad when I was looking. I was almost embarrassed if anyone knew how much work I had put into my search. When I finally found my car on cars.com at the Ferrari Dealer in Scottsdale AZ, I knew immediately that I would put a deposit down on it as my looking had unearthed so many "just ok cars". I saw this ad and was SOLD. I didn't even get a PPI on it but bought it sight unseen online after the lady at the dealer walked all around it and described any and all defects (none at all).

Steve, is that white stitching standard, or did the original owner spec it with additional deviated stitching? I'm not a fan of black interiors but with that stitching it looks INCREDIBLE
Old 02-15-2017, 06:04 PM
Danny997TT
Track Day

Originally Posted by Dodaleca
https://www.carfax.com/vehicles/WP0A...-turbo--elkton

Using Vindecoderz on web ad serial # comes back as PDK with brown interior but pictures show 6 speed manual with black leather comfort seats.
I don't know why people do this, but it is my assumption the ad is fake. I can't say for sure because I already purchased a vehicle and haven't been looking much, but every car on their website is pictured in front of a different background and/or building. It also is suspicious that the address is in the middle of a corn field with no real buildings to speak of. Not to mention the vin describes a different car as mentioned above. I have never seen an incorrect one before.

At the end of the day, buyer beware.

Quick Reply: Looking for Guards Red 997TT