Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Friday Dyno Fun!

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2019, 11:45 PM
saabin
Rennlist Member

Received 559 Likes on 368 Posts

Unfortunately not. There was a place up in Plano that had one (AWD dyno) but they had no exp with the 997, so I steered clear.. don't recall their name.

There WAS Growler/Cobb in Plano, but they are no longer as of a few weeks ago..

I get my wheels/tires mounted at Texas Track Works in FTW, but I don't know if they have a dyno.

You may just have to do a google search and call around to a few places.. Autoscope near Love field did mine and I would recommend.
Old 10-15-2019, 08:48 AM
gene3x
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks again. The reason I asked again is that Autoscope's Dyno is down for a few months. I will call around.
Old 01-15-2023, 08:12 AM
saabin
Rennlist Member

Received 559 Likes on 368 Posts

So I was looking at some of my old posts and I noticed it's been almost 7 years to the day when I initially wrote up my dyno experiences..

My turbo stays in a nice offsite location these days as I don't have enough parking here at home, but yesterday I did take it out for a spin, and I had forgotten what a monster it is. Car still runs great, and I often think about should I sell it since I don't drive it much anymore?
But then I think about what I would replace it with, and nothing really flips my switch these days.
The following 2 users liked this post by saabin:
cjcam930 (01-16-2023), Cnair (01-15-2023)
Old 01-15-2023, 10:02 AM
Cnair
Rennlist Member

Received 239 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by saabin
So I was looking at some of my old posts and I noticed it's been almost 7 years to the day when I initially wrote up my dyno experiences..

My turbo stays in a nice offsite location these days as I don't have enough parking here at home, but yesterday I did take it out for a spin, and I had forgotten what a monster it is. Car still runs great, and I often think about should I sell it since I don't drive it much anymore?
But then I think about what I would replace it with, and nothing really flips my switch these days.
I had the same thought....my turbo S is stored offsite as well for the winter and I was really thinking of selling, but I took it out for a weekend trip a few weeks ago and it reminded. me how awesome the car is.....not selling it 😁
The following users liked this post:
Kevin8tor (03-11-2024)
Old 03-11-2024, 02:35 PM
JeffPGH
Track Day

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Friends,
I've largely mirrored the "stage 2" upgrades along with the full preventative that's recommended for the 997.1tt, as aligned with Kevin from UMW. The above information is the authority, IMHO, but I felt it was my turn to give back and so I started a thread with my findings, experience and metrics. UMW tune, EP1, Do88, plus engine-out for pinning, pumps, etc. hope this is helpful to the novices out there like me.

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-turb...stage-2-a.html

Quick Reply: Friday Dyno Fun!