Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fabspeed MADE IN CHINA

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2014, 03:40 PM
Cuda911
Race Director

Received 441 Likes on 284 Posts

^^^ In spite of some posts that were, in my opinion, not very professional (which the Mods did a good job of taking care of), I think this thread is very valid, and provides a lot of insight into a product from a vendor that is an RL sponsor (I think John said it was the very first sponsor?).

Today I received telephone calls from both Alex and Joe at Fabspeed. We discussed my issue at length (thanks, guys, I appreciate the time you spent with me). I will know more next week once I've had my car into the shop to do a bit more poking around.
Old 08-01-2014, 03:42 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 339 Likes on 208 Posts

What's with the calls to close this thread? For those that don't like it just do not click on it. But it's eating you inside to read a new post...

I think we've learned quite a few lessons here and on the other thread. Those intelligent enough will read between the lines,form their opinion and come up with the best conclusion without necessarily picking sides.
In the process it seems this thread got things rolling for a member here needing some Fabspeed assistance and also raised some concerns(hopefully) on the part of a forum sponsor about their future approach when dealing with those intelligent people that I was talking about... I will say it again : Fabspeed,please do not underestimate our intelligence.

As an aside note,I've learned that this forum,just like many others out there are not completely censor free and can be biased towards a certain party. That was probably the most unfortunate discovery to me personally.

You all have a nice day!
Old 08-01-2014, 08:33 PM
therock88
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Just a note here...

I have had a Fabspeed Exhaust (Maxflow 3 and 200 Cell HJS Cats) on my Turbo for some time now. My impression is I like them! They sound good...added to my performance and installed very easily and appeared to be of a very good quality and are holding up great so far....Hope they continue to be great, as I am too poor to buy any more upgrades and have 3 kids in school mow

I have no idea where they are made etc., and frankly do not care. I feel like it was a great price to value proposition. Never had to reach out to Fabspeed for service, so cannot comment there either, but do appreciate the helpful information and vidoes they provide.

Just another point of reference....I have no experience with any other exhaust to compare it to either, just lucked up and bought this one and it turned out to be great so far.

DC
Old 08-01-2014, 09:15 PM
Domer911
Rennlist Member

Received 355 Likes on 191 Posts

Anyone who finds the videos informational is either incredibly gullible or related to Joe Fabulous. Each and every one of those videos contained cheap, under-handed, unfounded allegations as to some aspect of a competitor's product. One falsehood undermines the credibility of the whole video. Once you make false claims about any aspect of yours or your competitor's product, your video becomes what these videos from Joe Fabulous have become...pure entertainment, nothing more.

This business owner's actions are unbelievably suspicious, unprofessional, and frankly unbecoming of any business owner who purports to want to "educate" consumers.

Caveat Emptor
Old 08-01-2014, 10:06 PM
therock88
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Domer911
Anyone who finds the videos informational is either incredibly gullible or related to Joe Fabulous. Each and every one of those videos contained cheap, under-handed, unfounded allegations as to some aspect of a competitor's product. One falsehood undermines the credibility of the whole video. Once you make false claims about any aspect of yours or your competitor's product, your video becomes what these videos from Joe Fabulous have become...pure entertainment, nothing more.

This business owner's actions are unbelievably suspicious, unprofessional, and frankly unbecoming of any business owner who purports to want to "educate" consumers.

Caveat Emptor
I am assuming you are not referring to me about the videos.

At any rate, to be clear, I was referring to the how to and clips of the exhausts installed. Not a fan of the new ones that seem a bit unprofessional in my opinon...but whatever....

DC
Old 08-01-2014, 10:32 PM
docdan
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sales@FabSpeed
Art,

You make valid points, and I certainly wouldn't "discount" anything you're saying. However, the videos that Joe makes - for better or for worse - should not be taken as the end-all be-all in terms of Fabspeed as a company. Those are his personal findings on competitors' products, and his personal opinion that he is sharing in an effort to educate the market on what is currently available for these cars. I realize that it of course comes across as a bit biased, and may come back as a reflection on the company, but I'd ask that you take them with a grain of salt. Joe is a very enthusiastic and outspoken guy, and he really does mean well, even if the delivery isn't exactly what people are looking for.

Your opinions on any other individuals should be reserved for those individuals; don't let them sway your impression of myself or Fabspeed as a whole. I take integrity and honesty very seriously, which is why I chose to address some of this myself.

- Dave
I also don't have a dog in this fight. When I had my 996TT I had Fabspeed loud exhaust and was overall pleased, despite a slight drone at some rpms.

Dave, I don't know you but I sense that you are a good man. I definitely have no reason to question your integrity. However, Joe isn't just a person loosely affiliated with Fabspeed. He isn't some hourly worker, or even upper management. It is HIS company.

Therefore, I find it difficult to separate his opinion from the company's opinion. I agree that someone's opinion of him shouldn't reflect at all on yourself as an individual person. However, in light of the fact that it his company we are talking about, opinions about the owner does translate into opinions about the company.

best,

Dan

Last edited by docdan; 08-02-2014 at 11:31 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-02-2014, 02:44 AM
John D II
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 309 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by Domer911

Caveat Emptor
I could not agree more...
2022 Cayenne White
former 1972 911T white, 1984 911 3.2 Targa black, 993 cab white, 993TT arena red, 993TT silver, 996TT speed yellow, 991.1 GT3 white
www.speedtechexhausts.com
info@speedtechexhausts.com
Testimonials SpeedTech Exhaust Videos facebook

Old 08-03-2014, 09:21 AM
garychios
Pro

I don't know the guy who started this post, but I would like to say this. Chinese Stainless is by far the worse stainless you can get. it actually rots because of the high Iron content. It may not rot on your Porsche because you garage it and keep it clean, but it is rotting on the inside. If Fab speed is selling you an exhaust with Chinese stainless, then you are overpaying, The stuff is cheap and its junk. I built more manifolds and exhausts than I would like to admit, and I have tried or I should say, someone sold me Chinese stainless and all it did was rott slowly. I would say the best places to get stainless that is USA originated is Burns Stainless or SPD. Very high quality stainless
Old 08-03-2014, 02:50 PM
phillipj
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Gary great to know....
Old 08-04-2014, 06:47 PM
TT Gasman
Drifting

Old 08-04-2014, 06:57 PM
Cuda911
Race Director

I've moved my Fabspeed issue to a new thread to help separate it from some of the goofiness and unprofessional comments in this thread.

For any of you who wish to follow, it can be access via this link:

https://rennlist.com/forums/996-foru...nt-thread.html
Old 08-05-2014, 01:54 AM
garychios
Pro

I was not bashing cuda. Just stating facts about materials.
Old 08-05-2014, 02:06 AM
Cuda911
Race Director

Hi Gary, my comments weren't directed at you. I know there are many grades of stainless, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if "generic" Chinese stainless is generally poor. Of course, many product manufacturers have their own product specifications and QA/QC, even if a product is manufactured overseas. So, point of origin is only one aspect to be considered.

The posts that were "over the top" were removed by the mods. But, this wasn't my thread to start with, and it did rapidly degrade, so I felt it was best to start a dedicated thread for my issue.
Old 08-06-2014, 07:42 PM
garychios
Pro

Oh, OK, I missed some of the drama. I myself need pipes for the TT, but I am looking for quality stainless , no mufflers or cats. Pure nastyness.
Old 08-06-2014, 08:41 PM
John D II
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 309 Likes on 214 Posts

Gary,

I have a brand new never installed 997TT catless 3.0 X-Pipe system that we are selling for a customer that totalled his car prior to installing the system. It has our polished full 3" dual tips and de-cat pipes. Customer is selling at a great price. PM me if you are interested. We manufacture this 100% in the USA with 100% USA materials (T304SS). Not only is the quality outstanding, so is the performance and sound...

Pure X-Pipe - no mufflers, no cats.
Attached Images   

Quick Reply: Fabspeed MADE IN CHINA